Heart Of Darkness

My father Elena and I are going to Denver to pick up Jeremy. We finally arrived and found him at the batting cages. "There he is." Elena called out, and my father called out "Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball."I giggled as Elena walks over to the cage. "Hey Jer!" Jeremy turned and called out "Elena? What's wrong?" Damon, Elena, and Jeremy are walking out of the batting cages. Damon explains what has happened over the past few months. "Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose." My father said, and Jeremy nodded before saying "So, you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?" My father nodded but said "Dead vampire is redundant, but yes."

"Well, I can't. I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them. I've never even met Rose." Jeremy tried to explain but my father grew annoyed, "What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" Elena then stepped up, "Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use him as a connection." Jeremy sighed, "Fine, fine, but can we do this later? My friend just got here and yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done." Elena sighed, "Jer.." Jeremy turned and said "Hey man." Elena turned and said "Damon, it's Kol!" 

My head shot up as I watched as Kol hits Damon with a wooden baseball bat. The bat breaks in half and Damon falls to the ground. "What are you doing?!" Jeremy called out, but Elena said "Jeremy, get back! He's an Original." Jeremy grew confused as he called out "What?" Kol then stepped up, "No hard feelings, mate. But we're not buds." Kol said and grabs an aluminum bat from the bat rack. "You know, I'll never get use to aluminum. But hey, at least it won't break." Kol is about to hit Damon with the bat, when Damon picks up half of the broken wooden bat and stabs Kol through the chest with it. Kol falls to the ground. " Did you kill him?" Jeremy asked shocked, Dad recovers and says " No, but it'll give us a head start. Okay, come on."

"You take Elena ill take care of him" I said motioning to Kol's unmoving body, Daddy agreed and grabs Elena, who is shocked, and they leave the batting cages. I wait for the car to pull away before dragging Kol's body out of sight into the woods leaning against the trees my phone pressed to my ear. "Take care of my little brother now" Klaus's voice rang through my phone and I laughed rolling my eyes. "I will Niklaus" I said and hug up as I herd a sound
I turned to the sound only to turn and see Kol gone. Sliding my phone into my pocket I turned and was pressed against the tree, smirking Kol cupped my face. "Now tell me darling why did you come all the way here?" he compelled me and I laughed lightly. "Daddy is trying to figure out who sired their blood line and I have a plan to save your life" I said, "Whats that darling?" He asked combing his fingers through my hair.

"Once they find out you didn't sire their bloodline they will come after you I have a plan that if they think you sired my bloodline they wont come after you" I said. He pecked my lips then we stared into each others eyes before diving into a heavy heated make out session only to be cut short by my phone ringing. I laughed smirking answering my phone

"Yeah?"
"Have you herd of a Mary Porter?" He asked
"Scary Mary" I said
"Yeah, investigate for me call me when you get something" He said
"Over and out" I said and hung up

"Did he say Scary Mary Porter?" Kol asked and I nodded, Kol laughed and I asked "Why know where she is?" I asked. "I might" he said, and I nodded "Where might that be?" I asked trying to urge him to tell me."Lets just say its somewhere in Kansas" He smirked and I rolled my eyes, I turned around and he said "No hard feelings" and snapped my neck.

I woke up tied to a chair I glared at Kol who smirked at my father and Elena "Shame about Mary, she used to be a blast. Don't quite know what happened. I fear all the time she spent with my family might have ruined her. She was a bit of an Original groupie." Elena glared and asked "And were you her favorite?" Kol smirked and said "You mean, did I turn her? I think I did. But no, wait, maybe it was Rebekah. There was also a Klaus period. And let's not forget the Elijah affair. I spoke to my brother, I know you're trying to find out who you descended from. Now you never will. So, where did we leave off?" Kol hits my father with the baseball bat. he falls to the ground and Kol continues to hit him."Elena, get out of here!"

Elena runs for the door, but Kol blocks her way. "According to my brother, you're off limits. Please don't test me." Kol throws Elena to the ground. Damon gets up and rushes towards Kol. "Don't touch her." Kol throws Damon off of him. "Oh dear, I've hit a nerve. Relax, darling, I just want us to be even. You snapped my neck, you killed my brother, and then you humiliated me." Kol hits Damon with the bat repeatedly. "There, now we're even." Kol left me tied to the chair Elena came over and untied me and I got up and stretched. Elena has her hand on Damon's chest. "Are you okay?" Elena asked and my father nodded, as he pops his arm back into place. "That's better." Damon caresses Elena's face and touches the cut on her forehead. Elena gasps. "Are you okay? You're bleeding." Elena nodded, "Yeah. I'll be fine." 

"What are you doing?" My father asked Elena who was confused, "What do you mean?" I watched as my father faced her and said "Well, this trip and you kissing me. What the hell is this?" Elena just says "Stefan thinks that I have feelings for you." My father just asks "Do you?" Elena then stutters, " I- I don't – I don't know." My father then grew annoyed and said "Hm. I guess you thought this little trip could help you figure that out, didn't you?" Elena shook her head, " No." I sighed as my father called out, "Or maybe you were hoping I'd screw it up, so I could just make the decision for you, am I wrong?"

"Damon..." Elena called out, and my father then yelled "Am I wrong??" Elena just sighs and says "It's what you do, Damon. You sabotage things, you... I mean, think about it, every time there's a bump in the road, you lash out." My father then called out "What if I didn't? What if there was no bump?" Elena stayed silent, as my father went on "I'm sorry, Elena. This time I'm not gonna make it so easy for you. This time you'll have to figure it out for yourself" Dad turned on his heel and walked out

I sighed and followed him out while Elena followed me
"Hey Jer" I said and hugged him
"Hey Sale" He said and hugged me back
I climbed in next to Jeremy in the back of the car
I yawned and leaned my head against the window
Looking up Daddy smiled at me from the rear view mirror
Closing my eyes I drifted off to the silence of the moving car noises