Haunter Of Ruins

The next morning came around, and I sat on the wall of the porch as Kol calls out "What's the holdup? All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez? You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way-- I can assure you haven't missed much." I sighed, as I sipped on my orange juice. 

"Circumstances have changed we will leave here soon enough." Elijah reassured him. "We have our niece to consider." Rebekah told him, and I took another drink, as Freya stepped up as well. "Kol has a point. We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible." I sighed, and called out "We're not going anywhere today. I took too many precautions to keep Hope a secret. Nothing is going to go wrong if we wait one more day."

Klaus came over to me and nodded agreeing "I want one day of peace with my daughter. Before we uproot her." Freya sighed obviously not getting what I said earlier "Any delay is a risk." Niklaus just tells her "One day. We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked. We weren't followed, and i'm not asking!" I sighed once again, but perked up when Hayley came walking out with Hope. "Everybody, look who's awake." 

She announced. I knew Hope was nervous about meeting her family. "Hello." Klaus jumped at the opportunity to call out "Hello." I smiled and bit my lip, as Hope looked back at Hayley and called out "Mom, can I go play in the garden?" Hayley looked down, "Yeah. Sure." Hope smiled at me, and asked "Sale, will you come play with me?" I nodded, and called out "Yeah love you go ahead" I told her and she nodded leaving us.

Hope left to paint in the garden, and everyone went inside except Klaus, Hayley and I. "What terrible things did you tell her?" Klaus asked and I sighed, "Cool it big bag woof" I teased and Hayley just says "I told her that you're a hybrid, like me. I also told her that you're very old. Other than that she's seven we can wait to share the gory details."

 Klaus looked back at me before turning back to Hayley "Well, someone must have disparaged me. Perhaps that crone, Mary..." I scoffed and called out "Stop. Hayley and I have spent five years protecting her from everything, including all the horror stories floating around about you. She doesn't know your history. What she does know is that you protect your family, no matter what."

 Klaus turned to me and said "And yet she fears me." I sighed and said "Thats what happens when you miss out on her life Niklaus. She's a sensitive kid. And you're not exactly calm right now. You were her fairy tale prince, Niklaus. And now you're real. You have a lot to live up to." I patted his shoulder, and walked away from my family towards Hope. I caught up to her and smiled, as she asked "Can we invite dad too?" I giggled and nodded.

I turned and Klaus was already walking this way. "Your wish is his command princess" I said and she smiled. The three of us walked through the woods, as Hope asked Klaus about his paintings. "I painted on animal skins, mostly. Bark, cave walls..." Klaus told Hope who made a face and asked "You lived in a cave?" I giggled, as Klaus smiled "I lived in a hovel, all of us crowded into two rooms. It was actually nicer than it sounds. Though your Uncle Kol snored. Loudly, I might add."

 Hope smiled at me,before asking "I bet it was cool, always having other kids to play with." Klaus nodded and said "It was cool, actually. But I still felt alone. Different from my siblings. For one thing, I loved art. I used to make my own paints from flowers and berries. These orange ones are the most vibrant." We bent down to look at the flowers, as Hope called out "I like orange. Oh, there's a butterfly. I think it's stuck."

A butterfly was on one of the orange flowers with its wing broken. "Yeah, it has a broken wing." I then got an idea. "Lets help it shall we.. Hope do you want to do it?" I called out, and Hope turned to me excitedly "Really?" I nodded smiling back at her excited nature. "Give it a go love. besides, I'm right here if you need anything" I watched as Hope takes off her bracelet and hands it to Klaus. "Shh. Don't tell my mom." She told Klaus, and Hope closes her eyes and puts both her hands out. She uses magic to fix the butterfly's wing and the butterfly shortly flies away. Klaus, Hope, and I are continuing walking and chatting through the woods.

"Salem and Mom says when I get bigger, Freya will teach me real spells." Hope called out holding a bundle of flowers. "I think you're doing rather well all by yourself." Klaus called out. "Salem tries to teach me what she can, but I can't always control it so well. It scares me sometimes." Klaus stops us, and turns to Hope. "You, love, are the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson. You're going to be the greatest witch the world has ever seen. And nothing will scare you." I smiled, as Hope called out "I know what you are, you know. The strongest in the world. Strong enough to keep all of the bad things away."

 Klaus turned to me, but then back to Hope "What bad things?" Hope just smiles, "Just bad guys. Monsters. People who are mean, selfish, and angry." Klaus smiled at Hope, and called out "Nothing is going to harm my little girl. Nothing will even get close. You and Salem, are all that matters to me." Hope hugs Klaus, and I felt a hand on mine. I was soon pulled into the hug, and laughed.

Pulling away from our hug, Klaus looked at Hope "You're trembling. Are you cold?" Hope nodded, "Yeah. I've been cold a while now." I bit my lip to keep what I know in. "Well, let's get you inside then, eh? You can show me your drawings." Klaus called out and picked up Hope. He held a hand out to me and I smiled, as I took it.

Later that night

After putting Hope to bed. I sat with Klaus as he looks over Hope's drawings. "Shes really good, and is just getting better with every drawling she makes." I told him. Klaus smiled as he looked over the papers. "Klaus theres something I uh.. I have to tell you" Klaus turned to me, but before I could spill Hope called out "Salem!" I stood up, as she came in the room. "Dad? I think something's wrong."

 I rushed over to Hope, and Klaus was next to me. "I had a dream about a bad man. He was hurting these kids and I think he hurt me, too." I tucked hair behind my ear, as I called out "Hope love, what're you talking about. What man" Hope just took a deep breathe and called out "I feel dizzy. And my head hurts." Suddenly Hope collapsed in my arms, and Klaus called out "Hayley!" Hayley suddenly came out of the room in front of us in only a shirt to us, and took Hope from me. "Mom, I'm so cold." Hope's nose had started to bleed, and I ran a hand through my hair

Laying her on the couch I stood over her and placed a hand on her head. "She's never been sick, ever." Hayley told the family, and I nodded. "This is a magical affliction. It feels I don't know, it's hard to explain. Almost cold." Suddenly feeling something in my pocket I pull out a folded and crumbled up note. I made a face and undid it. "It's from Vincent Griffith. He knows what's wrong with Hope, he can cure her. But we have to go back to New Orleans." I called out.

With that said, we gathered our things and got in the car. I held Hope close to me, as she whispered "Tell me the story sissy" I chuckled, and tucked her hair behind her ear. "What story love?" I asked, and she just says "Davina" I smiled and nodded. "Well since today would of been her birthday, I guess I can." I whispered back. Hope smiled slightly, as she laid her head on my shoulder. Her cold cheek hitting my collarbone. "One time, when Davina was regent of all the covens" I started, and turned to meet Klaus' eyes. "She and I made a deal. She'd help me with a spell, and I'd help her with the witches, but every time were supposed to be doing something we'd get off task" I chuckled with tears in my eyes.

"When her birthday came along and all the witches came to celebrate and give her regent like gifts. I helped her talk to the one person she wanted to see that day." I stopped talking and she whispered, "Was it Uncle Kol?" I nodded chuckling. "Yup love, it was Kol. See Davina and I looked out for each other. We were two peas in a pod. I basically gave her the gift of life" I finished the story and Hope smiled, before falling asleep on me. I ran my hands through her hair, and sighed deeply.