For Whom the Bell Tolls

I read a passage from my diary aloud while my father drives.

"March 12, 1922. I blacked out for days. I woke up in a stranger's blood in places I don't recognize with men I don't remember. They are out to turn my humanity back but I don't want it back "I feel alive again." Dad recalled the next line I wrote awhile ago. I rolled my eyes and scoffed " All right. I think I've read enough."

"Nada?" My father said in a questioning tone. I groaned, "I know "nada" means nothing. I know what day it is, I know what year it is, I know this car has a V-8 engine, and yet I am two journals deep, and I have absolutely no memory of who the hell I am." I said throwing my arms up and back down slapping my lap, " Well..."

I took a sip from a blood bag. finishing it I rolled down the window to throw out the blood bag, "Well, sorry, but this is a lot to process." I told him. Dad grabs the bag from me and throws it on the back seat. " You're a vampire, not a cave man." he snapped at me I rolled the window back up. "So, let me get this straight. I helped you steal this car, I found out I was a vampire who is also a witch, and yet I don't litter?" I said to him confused.

" You're a girl of principle, Salem, who had her memories erased by a 2,000-year-old witch." My father told me, "Yeah. Well, I bet that 2,000-year-old witch probably drives a little faster than you. Wait. Let me guess." I started. I looked back at Uncle Stefan in the back seat "Fun brother" Looking back at my father "safe brother."

Dad chuckles and hits the gas pedal. "What are you doing?" My uncle asked. "Do you trust me?" My father asked, "Do I really have a choice?" I asked smirking. "Nope." Dad pulls the emergency brake and it makes the car slide on the road. The car flips around multiple times at a fast speed and it's totaled. Some pieces on the road are on fire. Stefan and Damon and I lay on the road, outside the car. " Oh. Oh, ho. Ohh. I got it. You're the fun brother." I said giggling "Whew."

We ended it at a bar walking in I had my journals in my bag. A guy at the bar hold a shot of liquor and rings a bell gathering everyone's attention. "To Uncle Steve!" Some one called out  "To Uncle Steve!" Everyone raises their glasses and drink, including Stefan Damon and Myself, who are sitting at a table.
"Yeah!" My father called out. "Wow. Ahh. This town always so upbeat about dead people?" I said. "Well, in the theme of morbid town tradition, you go back to the 1820s when everyone was so paranoid about the cholera thing that they would occasionally bury a body a wee bit before its time.
" So, we have a holiday dedicated to burying people alive?" I asked.

"Well, they were so paranoid that they would actually request to be buried with a string attached to a bell above ground,
and then the whole family would hang around the grave for 24 hours in hopes of hearing the bell and that their loved one would come back, but now it's just really—it's really a kick-ass excuse to get hammered." My father said. A waitress comes to the table and starts picking up the empty glasses. "Hello." My father flirted, "Hi." The waitress said.

I pull out one of my journals and open it up to where I left off
'My humanity being turned on I'd be over whelmed with my "abandonment issues" as Kol liked to tell me I have. Kalin has been fighting to get my humanity on. Klaus thinks he is my switch.'

I turned a few pages to read again

'It happened Kalin is my switch. He was almost died and I snapped it back on.
Mikeal found us and Niklaus, Rebekah, Kalin and I are all running for our lives again.
We ended up in Chicago. It has actually been going pretty good.
Flipping pages I read again'
'Mikeal found us an anonymous tip off from someone who betrayed Niklaus--"

I closed the Journal as I looked up everyone was talking and not paying attention
Using my vampire speed I left them there

Ending up in a forest I sat against a tree sighing
closing my eyes my head laid against a tree trunk
"Salem?" I herd a voice. I jumped and Opened my eyes to see a boy there, "Sorry do I uh know you?" I asked bringing my knees to my chest. "Tyler Lockwood sorry I forgot" he said and sat across from me. "Why are you out here all alone?" He asked me softly, "I can't remember and these journals are not helping! all I get are names I don't know" I snapped taking my bag and throwing it beside me as I sat up sitting criss cross

"Maybe I can help" Tyler said and opened up a journal
He came over next to me pointing to names
As he pointed he explained more about them
"Klaus or as you put Niklaus is a Original vampire he basically took you in after your father was turned and left you
to everyone else he's a dick...but to you you were family"
Tyler said and I nodded. He went over an Elijah and Rebekah and Caroline and Bonnie and Elena I nodded trying to understand him

I went over everything he said and he nodded
"Good job!" He called and high fived me
his phone rang and I jumped
"Sorry" he apologized and answered it I chose not to listen in
"I found Salem and were catching up....oh no.....okay bye"
my own phone vibrated and I took it out of my pocket
It was Uncle Stefan 'Where are you?'
'Sitting in a forest but I'm fine' I replied with and put my phone away

Tyler got up and helped me up
I hugged him tightly
"Thanks Tyler" I whispered and he hugged me back
Tyler walked me back to the boarding house and I walked inside and up to my room
I sat on my bed in quiet
my phone broke the silence as it buzzed

"Hello?"
"Little Salvatore! calling to check up on my favorite little witch"
"N-Niklaus?" I stuttered
"Yes sweetheat the one and only"
I didn't say anything
"Are you okay Little one?" he asked me
"I don't remember" I whispered as I hung up and threw my phone across the room
the phone shattered and I curled up on the bed as tears fell from my eyes
crying myself to sleep