They All Asked For You/ Save My Soul

I stood in the nursery holding Hope close to me. I smiled as I rocked from foot to foot. I hummed a lullaby that was sang to me centuries ago, and looked down to see Hope smiling. I hummed it a little louder as I went towards the window. 

"I haven't heard that since you were smaller" I herd and smiled turning to Niklaus. "It's all that's been in my head lately" I told him and sighed looking down at the baby in my arms, "Besides I thought playing babysitter would get my mind off a lot of things" I told him and turned back to the window.

I gave Hope her bottle and she drank it all, before I burped her and sat in the rocking chair. I rocked her slightly and she laid her head on my chest, as she slowly fell asleep. I sat there just rocking her, and smiled as I was pulled into a flashback, 

'I was around 5 years old and my long black hair fell down my back as I ran towards the Salvatore house. "Father!" I called out, "Uncle Stefan!" I called out, but no one answered. "Grandfather!" I called out this time, but no one came out. I breathed heavily as I turned and saw my father walking up, as he spoke with Uncle Stefan. "Father!" I called out and turned running up to him, and jumped into his arms. He hugged me tightly, and set me on my feet kissing my head.'

I snapped out of it and got up from the chair going over to her crib and laid her down. I leaned down and kissed her head before walking out of the room. I walked down the hall and knocked on Hayley's open door, I cleared my throat, and her and Jackson turned to me. "Hope is fed and put down for a nap Hayley" I told her and she nodded, "Alright thank you Sale" I nodded and walked away towards my room.  After failing on taking a nap I returned to the nursery and sat in the rocking chair. I played with my fingers as I rocked and watched out the windows. I slowly dozed off as I felt the rocking slow down.

=Dream=
'My father held me in his arms as he carried me off to bed. "Daddy where's uncle Stefan?" I asked lifting my head off of his shoulder. "He's out doing something for the sheriff" he told me and kissed my cheek. He started up the stairs and my grandfather's voice called out, "Damon" my father stopped walking and we both turned to see my grandfather standing there with some friends. "We need to speak with you" grandfather spoke and my father nodded, "Alright, let me put this little one to bed and I'll be there" It was silent and my father whisked me off to bed. He sat in the rocking chair next to my bed and I placed my head on his chest. "Daddy" I spoke again, and lifted my head. "Are you gonna leave like mommy did?" I asked and he sighed, "One day I will Sale, but that day is not any time soon" I nodded and then said, "Promise?" he chuckled and kissed my cheek. "I promise" I laid my head back down on his chest as he hummed a lullaby in my ear, making me drift off to sleep.' 

Little did I know, he would leave me multiple times.

I walked into the dining room and saw Freya standing there with a wooden artifact in her hands. "Nice of you to join us Little one" Niklaus said to me and I smiled at him. "Good to see you again Salem" Freya said and I nodded at her, "Same to you Freya"
Niklaus looked from me to her, and went to open his mouth when Freya opened hers instead, "This witch-hoop. It's Danish. Is this from when you lived all in Copenhagen in the 1500s?" Klaus snapped out of it and said "Quite the eye!"
Being the impatient one, Elijah called out "Forgive me. Are we here to discuss family heirlooms, or do we have more pressing concerns?" Niklaus held a hand towards Elijah and said "Please excuse my brother's lack of decorum, he's been in a foul mood of late. But, he is right. I did ask you here in the hopes that you would share some of Dahlia's secrets. So, without further ado, let's get to it!" I smiled and walked over to the table.