Every Mother's Son

What felt like days later

I chanted the spell again and finally felt the connection, then I saw her. "Davina" I called but she kept chanting and chanting. I felt weak and fell to the ground, Only to sit up in my bed gasping. Niklaus ran in and flashed up to my side taking my face as he examined it, "Little Mikealson" he breathed and I looked up and smiled as I attacked him into a hug
"Nik, I missed you" I said and he hugged me back as the room fell silent.

I pulled my wavey/braided hair to the side as I examined I had on. I smiled as I finished my make up and pulled my shoes on. Clipping the choker around my neck I walked down the stairs. Elijah and Klaus are both wearing fancy suits and preparing for dinner. The closer I got the louder the voices got.

Klaus: Are these outfits really necessary?
Elijah: Appearance is a way of showing respect, Niklaus. Mother will be more likely to surrender her true intentions.
Klaus: Well, I doubt her guard will drop just 'cause I'm dressed like a bloody lawyer.
Elijah: We need every advantage we can get, Niklaus.
Klaus: You always did excel in diplomacy. Just know, if she tries anything, I'll tear her new body to pieces.

"Niklaus Lijah" I said and they smiled at me, A black gentleman walked in and laughed.

"You two haven't changed a bit! " he said and He looks at Elijah. "Linens and silk to disguise your pathetic self-loathing. " He then turns back to Klaus. " And you-- despite the arrogant façade, you're still the same paranoid little boy, full of hate and fear."

I watched as Klaus' face turns from amused to offended. Elijah looks at him in confusion before turning to the man and walking toward him, "Forgive me, I don't believe I've had the pleasure."

" Oh, you mean you don't recognize me? So much for the unbreakable bonds of family, huh? Always and forever indeed." Klaus begins to scowl when he realizes what is going on, but Elijah remains confused and on edge. It suddenly clicks in my mind and I roll my eyes as I walk closer to Niklaus, who states in an angry tone "It's been a long time, Finn."
Finn smirks and spreads his arms out wide in the typical "Mikaelson man" stance. " Now that the introductions are out of the way, let's eat!"

Niklaus pulled my chair out and I sat down and he kissed my hair. slickly whispering in my ear "Be on guard my little Mikealson" I smirked and nodded as he sat down at the end of the table beside me. Elijah poured Finn a glass of wine and sits across from me, "What an aromatic bordot." Finn says as he waphed the wine under his nose. "Well, it was a challenge to find a good pairing. What wine goes well with treachery?" Niklaus joked and I smiled. "Don't pout, brother. Tonight is meant to be a happy occasion!" Finn said, Finn whispers something in one of the servers' ears, which makes Klaus suspicious."What exactly are we celebrating?" Elijah asked.

" Why, my return, of course! Remember, I spent nine hundred years--" He says then
He looks at Klaus for confirmation-
-" right?-- lying daggered in a box. I'm rather enjoying this new body. Strolling about your lovely city that, uh, you've made your home. But, do tell me-- what'd I miss? Regale me with your contributions to society! Medicine? Philosophy? Art?" Klaus rolls his eyes, already tired of this conversation as I am "Or, have you two merely cut a path of destruction across time?"

" The last time we met, you were helping our mother try to annihilate the lot of us! Let's not throw stones in glass houses." Niklaus argued but I stayed silent as I noticed that the caterers are placing another two plates, glasses,
and sets of silverware at the table and instantly became confused. "Are we expecting another guest?" I asked as I sipped my wine
Finn gestures at the other end of the table
" Mother will sit at the head. And, as for the seat across from me, that's reserved for another of our clan. Care to wager an educated guess? How about a paranoid one?" Finn said and I chuckled into my cup.