Gonna Set Your Flag On Fire

It has been said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life. A thousand years ago,
Ester turned her own children, into monsters, yet still she claimed to love her children, even as she vowed to destroy us. The noble Elijah, tormented by long-buried, shameful secrets. Kol, the wiley troublemaker, out for no one but himself.

Finn, the devoted acolyte, his love all too easily walked by our mother's sick hate. Fierce Rebekah, willing to risk everything on the chance that she may one day find happiness. And Niklaus, the bastard child. Their mother's greatest shame. Now, finally, we have defeated her, giving her the choice she never thought to give us, to live on as one of the monsters she created...or suffer the slow, agonizing death she so deserves. Klaus want's me to stay at the safe house for a couple days until I start to feel better. Kol told Klaus that Finn did a magical bond on my body, so I have to sit on the sidelines for awhile. I refused to, and he's trusting me for once.

I woke up on my bed and turned to see Kol laying next to me. "Morning" he said and scooted down wrapping an arm around me. "What's it feel like to have a magic bug?" He asked and put his cold hand to my hot forehead. "Like I have the flu, everytime I use my magic I get sick, and being a magical hybrid vampire, I get sick alot" I told him and he sighed and took his hand away. 

"Kol, a long time ago we we're partners in crime" I said and started coughing. Kol turned and grabbed a glass of water handing it too me. I lifted it too my lips taking a drink. "Thank you" I rasped out, my voice is getting weaker as the days go on. "When we we're partners in crime we'd do everything together" I said and he laughed. I took another drink of the water handing it back to him.

"Finn magic locked us in here, there's no way out" Kol told me and I went to lean up, but he forced me back down. "You have to stay down" he told me, "Atleast" I started and coughed, "Grab my Grimoir" I told him and he grabbed it from my little table by my bed. "I can help you, and Davina" I told him getting up. Kol gave me a look. "Remember when I caught the flu when I was really little, Klaus, and Lijah wouldn't let me out of the house, but you snuck me out at night letting me see the stars, trust me I'm okay" I told him and he sighed, "Fine."

Kol took my hand and hoisted me up letting me on his back, "Besides you just need my magic, you don't need me to do anything" I told him and he laughed. "Klaus is gonna kill me" he said and I pffted, "He'll be fine" I said and coughed covering my mouth.

Kol and I watched as as Davina has just arrived to the compound, and she stops short of the entrance to the courtyard, knowing that she'll be trapped if she goes any farther. When she reaches out to touch the barrier, Kol rushes out and stops her before she can get burned. "Careful, careful! It's nasty. "He looks at Davina and smiles, " Pretty girl to the rescue, eh?" Davina grins at him, and I walk over, " You ready?" I asked

Davina nods, and the three of us hold out out hands so that they're nearly touching, with only the magical barrier separating them, and one of my hands in Kol's to channel my power. Once they're settled, we start to murmur an unintelligible incantation under their breath. As they chant, After a moment, Kol and Davina are both rebounded backwards, Kol catches me last minute as I go to fall.

"Ahhh!" Kol glances at his hands and gives Davina a look, " What just happened?" Klaus suddenly appears to check on them," I assume that means we're all free to go." I clear my throat trying to keep the vomit down, "No, the spell's locking us out." I said and Klaus turned to me annoyed, "What are you doing out of bed Little One?" he asked me, but Davina cut him off, "Vincent must be channeling something. A dark object, maybe." Klaus, Davina, Kol, and I look at each other, frustrated and concerned. I suddenly turned last minute and got sick in a potted plant.

Feeling weaker than before I stumbled back, and Klaus catches me before I could fall. Placing a hand on my forehead he sighs, "She's burning up" He told them. "She needs to stop using her magic." He glared at Kol who raised his hands in surrender, "She insisted she come too, you know she wasn't going to listen to me" Klaus sighed and lifted me up gently.
I turned in his arms and cuddled into him. "I'm gonna take her to bed, keep trying" he said and walked away from them taking me upstairs.

Klaus placed me on my bed and cupped my cheek into his hand. I looked over at him and he smiled slightly. "You always one who loved rebelling, try to get some sleep" he told me and stroked my cheek with his finger, as I closed my eyes.

I cried out in pain as Kol walked in to check on me. "Sale" he called out and ran over to me. "Shh, take a deep breathe Little Mikealson" he whispered into my ear. "Shhh" he whispered, but I cried out again. "I-It's t-the s-same pain!" I yelled out and Kol held me tightly. I bit my lip, and tasted blood. "Shhh" he shhed me again, and I fell back against my pillows my lip healed. I shot up and leaned over grabbing the bucket Klaus gave me when this started, and puked my guts into it. I laid back down and Kol shhed me again making me close my eyes, as he pulled me close to him