Out Of The Easy

I walked down the stairs, as "Sorry i'm late I was out partying with the locals" I said and went to my seat. Niklaus smiled at me as I took my seat across from Tristan and next to Lucien. "It's a bit odd, isn't it, celebrating an American holiday?" Lucien asked and I smirked as I spoke up "Well, you know, Lucien, I rather enjoy Thanksgiving... the turkey, the cranberry sauce, the lies, the deceit, the betrayal. Perhaps we should begin this evening's proceedings with a little confession, and do help yourselves." 

Aurora turned to Niklaus and said "So this entire dinner is meant to be some boorish inquisition. How rude." Niklaus spoke up and said "Nonsense, luv. My brother merely wishes to make certain we're all on the same page, so who would like to begin?" Tristan then spoke up "Well, Lucien and I have always loathed each other. Had we arrived as allies with news of a bleak future, you would have doubted us. We sought to remove suspicion by maintaining appearances."

" Oh, my. Dear, these pathetic lies promise to be as difficult to swallow as your stuffing this year, Niklaus. Walnuts. Honestly." Elijah said and I sighed, as I got up going over to the burbon and poured my glass full before going back. "Ha ha ha!" Klaus laughed. "The bottom line is, we came to protect you and ourselves. We have never wavered on this point." Lucien said and I raised an eybrow as I asked "And the bodies on the streets, is that your protection, as well?" Lucien turned to me and said "It's business as usual for The Strix." Tristan spoke up, and my head turned to him "An old tactic used often and to great success... Jack the Ripper, Son of Sam. A frightened human populace is that much easier to control. If tourism should decline and the local vampires are deprived of fresh blood, well, you saw how quickly Marcel joined our ranks." Klaus then spoke up and said "Pedestrian. I would've expected more from such gaudy theatrics."

"Well, if one wanted to obtain a certain item in, say, a private collection but one was not invited to the home where said private collection was located, police investigation could come in very handy to remove these items as evidence." I smirked as I took a drink saying "I take it that you are referring to the medallion." Tristan looked up and said "I suppose it was my sister who shared that bit of information." Niklaus then said "Don't blame Aurora. You two are hardly conspiratorial geniuses." Lucien chuckled, "Funny story... it turns out all along that the medallion was in the hands of Nik's friend Camille the bartender-slash-therapist. Had to get her arrested in order to search her goodies, so to speak, but I would never allow any harm to come to her, knowing the great affection you have for her." I turned enraged, but saw the jealousy on Aurora's face making me smirk.

" A medallion that could lock us away hardly seems like a wise strategy for those come to protect us. Hand it over. And release Rebekah." Niklaus spoke and Lucien spoke up "Uh, just a tick. Aurora has Rebekah, hmm?" I turned to Aurora as she smirked at me "No reason why I shouldn't be trusted with my sire's safety." I took a deep breathe, and focus on cutting up my food. "Of course, unless you were to have one of your episodes." Lucien said and Tristan spoke up 

"Easy, Lucien. My sister sought leverage to protect herself. Who among us would do otherwise?" I set my silverwere down and said "Niklaus" He turned to me, and I said "would you politely remind me why we shouldn't just compel them all to give us what we want?" Suddenly they all started laughing, and Klaus looked around "I'm sorry. Did Salem say something amusing?" Aurora smirked and said "We lost a century to compulsion, my love, and some of us lost a great deal more. Surely you can't believe we'd allow ourselves to come here vulnerable." I smirked, as I put my spoon in my cup making it magically stir itself. "My dearest Aurora, compulsion is not my only party trick." Aurora looked at me enraged and said "I do not like these threats."