Where You Left Your Heart

It's been 7 years....

7 years since the Hollow.
7 years since I last saw Niklaus
7 years since I last saw Hayley
7 years since I signed the guardianship papers and got full custody of Hope.
—————————————————

I sat at a table in New Orleans with Josh, Freya, and Vincent

I sat at a table in New Orleans with Josh, Freya, and Vincent. I looked over in to the kitchen and smirked at Dakota. Dakota is the new head of the crescent wolves. He is also a co chef to his brother Declan. Everything around New Orleans have calmed down. Except for the constant whispers about Klaus The Mad or what ever he wants to be called.

He is in Paris. Rebekah and Marcel are in New York. Hayley is in California. While Kol and Davina are in Belize. They always come on holidays. While Hope is in school Alaric and I decided that she should be Hope Marshall instead of Mikaelson. I wanted Salvatore but then again no Salvatore's are supposed to be alive. Sarah was the last one, and my father killed her.

"Okay, guys. If these don't prep your liver for Mardi Gras, then nothing will." Poppy came over setting drinks in front of us snapping me out of my daydream. "Eh, my liver was probably dead before I became a vampire, but thanks, Poppy." Josh called out and I nodded. sighing. "Okay. So we should probably get back to Mardi Gras prep." Vincent told us. "Oh, come on, Vincent, we got this." Josh told him.

"All right? It's gone off without a hitch for, what, seven years now? Josh, that's because we haven't taken it for granted in seven years. Let me remind you: moments of prosperity are invariably followed by times of great pain, unless we remain vigilant." Vincent reminded us. I looked back down at the notebook that had the Mardi Gras prep in it Dakota and I planned out. "Thank you, Mr.Buzzkill."

"Okay, Freya, what you got, Mardi Gras prep?" Vincent asked, "The witches will be working on their float in the City of the Dead." The words left Freya's mouth and I nodded chiming in "The werewolves in the Bayou." We turned to Josh, as he looked at his phone. "Josh?" I called out. "Yeah?" He said before looking up. "Hmm?" I looked at Vincent as I smirked and he called out "This is when you're supposed to say that the vampires are gonna steer clear of both."

"Yeah. Uh, actually, maybe we should offer them some sort of incentive." Josh said and I raised an eyebrow "Seven years of peace and prosperity not enough?" Josh avoided eye contact, as he said "Well, it is, but we could always use more daylight rings." Josh's phone buzzed and Vincent leaned up "Is this a negotiation, Josh? - Marcel." He read and Josh snatched his phone "You know what? First of all, reading that was very rude, and second-" Vincent cut him off, "Josh, I don't know how many times I have told you that what goes on in this city is no longer any of Marcel Gerard's business. Okay? A-And, guys, this is what I'm always talking about. Marcel means Rebekah. Rebekah means Elijah, and Elijah means Hayley.. And I don't even want to think about Klaus right now, 'cause apparently, he has lost his mind."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, come on, we don't know if those rumors are true." Vincent nodded, "I know that we need to make sure that they stay as far away from this city as possible. And Freya, I'll be Mr. Buzzkill if it means reminding everybody here that the magic that those four carry inside of them, if we just put two of them in the same place, it is a ticking bomb." I sighed "Relax. Okay? Marcel's in New York. Elijah is In Amnesia-land, and Klaus.."