Voodoo Child

I sat in my chair, as I over looked the city of New Orleans.

'Ever since I was a little girl that lived in New Orleans. My favorite room in the house was my own. Not because I had the most privacy, but because it over looked anything I wanted to see. The lights. The tourist dancing and singing. The jazz that played when no one was around. It was beautiful. I'm grown now but my love for the city hasn't changed, but Kol isn't here to give me piggy back rides, or stand up for me if a guy gets to close. Now that Hope is here and able to enjoy the lovely city I can finally take her around with me. Except. I keep having flashbacks of my dream last night. It's always the same. I hear her calling for me, and I 'wake up' only to see a blue light. I turn to my baby sister and she's already staring at me with these bright blue eyes. Hallow blue. I can't seem to shake it.
Maybe It means nothing and their just night terrors, or maybe it's something more. I don't want to think in to it to deeply, but I may not have a choice
.'

"Little Mikaelson" I heard and closed my journal. "Yes Elijah?" I asked, but he was silent. I took my pen out from my journal and closed it. I fully turned to him, and he just stared at me. "Lijah?" I asked, but he turned and walked away. I got up and quickly followed him, except when I left out the door it was nothing but darkness. "Elijah!" I called out. "Niklaus!?" I called out but was once again met with darkness. "Hayley?" I asked. "SALEM" I heard Hope scream and I turned towards her room. I entered her room to see Hope facing the window. "Hope? Love you okay?" I asked, as I stepped forward. Hope turned and looked at me with those bright hallow blue eyes.

I stumbled back and landed on the ground with a thud. "Salem?.. SALEM" I heard and snapped out of my trance as I saw Hayley and Elijah looking over me. "Are you okay?" Hayley asked kneeling down. I gulped and nodded scrambling to my feet. "Ar-are you sure you killed the hallow?" I asked and Hayley looked at me confused. "What do you mean Salem?" She asked. I gulped and looked down the hall to Hopes room. "Wh-wheres Niklaus?" I asked visibly shaking. "He's at the cemetery meeting with Vincent and Marcel. What's--" Instead of letting her finish I storm out of the room. "Wrong" Hayley said, but I walked out of the door, and immediately went towards the cemetery.

"Her body is dead, Klaus. That's not enough." I heard Vincent's voice, as I walked up. "What are you saying?" Klaus asked, but Vincent fired back "I'm saying that by now, the Ancestors should've been able to imprison her spirit." I then walked up and said "That didn't happen. The spirit's still out there." They looked at my shaken state, and Klaus' eyes softened. "I-i've been having these dreams. Night terrors. I didn't think anything of it, until it showed me something... So she must've had a plan B." I said, but Niklaus nodded "No doubt. Perhaps they had assistance. Tell me - were you a part of it?" I groaned, as Vincent called out "Oh, come on, man." Marcel then spoke up, "Hey, back off. All right, look, I trust Vincent."

"Look, I don't care if I don't care if any of you trust me, to be perfectly honest. Because unlike all of you, I have been doing something. I've been spending the past couple of days trying to figure out a way to lock the Hollow up for good." Vincent called out. "And do you have any answers?" I asked, and he turned to me. "Yes. And no. I used the book to put myself into a trance." I raised an eyebrow and asked "Which book are you talking about?" Marcel just speaks up "The book he found." I nodded. "Contains the secrets of the Hollow's magic. Written - in his handwriting."

"Ah." Klaus called out, "Well, you can see how no part of this filled me with a modicum of confidence." Vincent just says "And while I was in that trance, I met with the spirit of Inadu's mother. From her, I was trying to get the same spell that she used 1,500 years ago to put her daughter down. Now, that's when those acolytes showed up and stopped me." I groaned and called out "Well, what are you waiting for? Get back to work!" Vincent just says "The acolytes took the book." I ran a hand through my hair, as I called out "I have a library full of grimoires Take your pick!" Vincent groaned "Salem, I don't need your library. That book is special. That book represents an extension of the Hollow's power into this world, all right? It is just as eternal as she is. And I'm telling you right now, if I tweak that spell in just the right way, I can lock her in the book and put the Hollow down for good."

"So where is it now?" Elijah called out. "It's still with the acolytes. I used this page from the book to track them to the place where she was reborn. That's where you'll find them." Vincent called out, and I sighed, as Elijah called out "Niklaus." They turned to leave, but Marcel called out "Wait, I'm going with you." Vincent disagreed and said "Marcel we got something that we need to deal with." Niklaus turned to me and said "Get back home." I nodded, and stayed in my spot as he left.

I left Vincent and Marcel there, and walked out wrapping my arms around my body. I turned to Davina's broken face plate and I bit my lip sighing. I shook my head and turned walking farther. I went back to the compound and upstairs to my room. I sat in my special chair that over looked everything. Suddenly getting a bad feeling I got up and turned searching for Hope. I found her in Hayley's bedroom with a desiccated Rebekah at her feet. "Hope?" I asked, but suddenly I felt a sharp tug at my stomach. I looked down before I fell to the ground, as my blood surrounded me. "I kn-knew you weren't her" I struggled to say but she only smirked "Should of followed your gut." she sassed before she walked out of the room.

I took my shaking hand and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I hit Klaus' contact, and typed is 'SOS' but before I could send it the phone fell out of my hand. "Sh-shit" I mumbled, as I held a hand to my stomach. "Hay-hayley" I mumbled. "Hayley" I tried to call out but it was still really quiet. With the last bit of energy I had I yelled out "HAYLEY." Hayley and Freya ran in, as the darkness over took my vision.

Waking up. I gasped, as I shot up from the floor. "Wait. Calm down you're okay" Hayley said and I breathed heavily. "W-what happened?" I asked looking down at my bloody clothes. I pulled my shirt up to see the wound stitched itself up. "The Hallow. Hayley" I said and she looked at me sternly. "The Hallow is in Hope" I told her, and she looked at Freya.

--------------------------------

I changed out of my blood soaked clothes, as I grabbed my phone trying to call Calder.
"Okay.. I don't know where you are, or if you just randomly decided to take a vacation, but I need you. Please Calder. I can't do this by myself" I said in to my phone, before I cleared my throat and hung up.

"Salem" Hayley said and I turned pocketing my phone, as I ran after her. I stayed with Hope, and kneeled down next to her. I smiled softly and traced the side of her face with the back of my hand. "Hope. You have to keep fight little sister. Don't let her win. Remember what we always said? We're Mikaelson, you and I, and we always fight. Always and Forever" I mumbled as I tucked hair behind her ear. "Keep fighting little love" I told her. "You're my little sister, and I love you. Please Hope. Keep fighting. Don't let the darkness take you"

I heard the fighting downstairs, but I closed my eyes tightly as tears came down my face. "Keep going Hope. Keep fighting." I whispered. I lifted her sleeve to see the snake disappearing. "That's it love! Keep going." The snake disappeared completely, and I smiled and chuckled. "Keep going come on." Hope opened her eyes and suddenly I was across the room and everything went dark.
I groaned as I woke up and held a hand to my head. I walked down the stairs softly, as Vincent called out "I don't know any other way." I groaned and suddenly Niklaus was beside me. He took my hand from my head to reveal bleeding. "Love. You're not a vampire anymore. You need to be more careful." He told me and bit his wrist offering it to me. I mockingly just called out 'Ha. Ha. Ha' , before I brought my mouth down to his bloody wrist. After drinking a bit I stopped pulling away.

"A thousand years ago, we three made an eternal vow. To protect each other, always and forever. Freya, that vow now includes you. As it includes my daughter. She is my heart and soul. Right now she's out there, alone in the darkness, fighting. We can't give up. So I'm begging you All of you If there's any chance" Niklaus called out, and I Vincent called out "I think I know a way to save her." We all turned to him. "Anything." I said, and he looked at Klaus. "If we go this route, this is gonna be the end of your family. This is gonna be the end of always and forever."

We all looked around at each other before turning back to him.