A Spirit Here That Wont Be Broken

I pulled my shirt on over my head and pulled my hair out of it. I fluffed my curls, as I turned looking at my full length mirror. I sighed at my reflection, and turned walking out of my room towards my baby sister's.

I walked into Hopes room to check on her, only to find her at the window. "The Hollow, she's getting stronger." Hope called out, and I walked in further, as I called out "You can sense her?" Hope just stared out the window, "When we first got here, there was always music outside, people dancing, laughing. But since she came back, it's so quiet. Like she's draining everything out of the city." Hope stopped talking and turned to me, before she continued, "She already took Uncle Elijah. And soon she will come for the rest of us."

Hope stood in front of me and I kneeled down taking her hands in mine. "Listen, Hope, I know you're scared. But over the years, a lot of bad people have stood against our family, and all of them have fallen. The Hollow is no different." I told her but she shook her head, "No, she is different Salem." I just sighed and hugged her to me. "Nobody is going to hurt you. I promise you."

After I left Hope's room I went back to mine. I sat in my rocking chair that was on my balcony. "Salem?" I heard and turned to see Hayley. "We're leaving now." I nodded and got up. I went to Hope's room, and smiled as she was painting. "You know. Your father painted a picture of you and I not that long ago that hangs up in a art museum somewhere. Maybe after all this we can go see it" I said and she turned smiling at me, "Really?" she asked and I nodded. "Really." I told her. "Now grab buns, and we can do something fun downstairs." Hope nodded and grabbed her bunny, before following me downstairs.

We sat on the couch, as I tried to get a hold of Calder. "No answer. Sorry love" I told her. "I'll go get some drinks okay?" I asked and she nodded. I got up and went down stairs to get us some water. I came back up and stopped by the door. "Hey, buddy." I heard instantly knew who it was, Kol. "Are my mom and dad back?" Hope asked clutching her bunny.

"Not quite. Hey, you know what I used to do, when I was bored at your age? Magic." Hope clutched her bunny tightly. "I'm not supposed to do magic with strangers, or without Salem's or Freya's supervision" Hope called out, but Kol chuckled "What? I-I'm family." He said. "So why did you go away?" Hope asked him. "I went away because I was sad. And I thought I'd never be happy again. And I didn't want to make everybody that I loved around me sad, too." Kol told her, and I walked in with our cups of water.

"Here sweetie. Drink it you're making me nervous" I said and she chuckled. I sat on the couch, as I saw Kol holding a huge knotted rope. "Kol. What are you doing?" I asked taking the knotted rope from Hope's grip. "Just showing my niece some magic tricks" he told me taking it back and instantly handing it to Hope.

"Kol." I said sternly and took the knot back, and Hope snuggled her bunny. "Alright fine. The hallow brought Davina back. I found a spell that can undo a magical bond, but I need Hope to do it" Kol told me and I mmhmm. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it seeing Nik calling me. "Hope. No magic yet" I said and set the knot on the couch, before getting up and answering the phone. "Hey Nik. What's up" I asked and walked out of the room. "Kol has the bloody totem that's protecting the hallow" He said and the door slammed behind me. "What" I called out and dropped my phone. "Kol! Kol open this door!" I yelled. I held my hand out to spell the door open, but I got blocked. "Hope!" I yelled out and banged on the door. "Hope! Open the door" I called out again, but all I saw was darkness.

I groaned as I rubbed my eyes. I looked around my room before remembering Hope. I jumped up as Niklaus flashed in to grab me. "Hey hey hey. Shhh love. Calm down" He said and set me back on my bed. "Where's Hope?" I asked and he smiled over me tucking my hair behind my ear. "She's alright love. You had a nasty concussion, so I fed you my blood" He told me and I smiled at him softly. "And Kol?" I asked him and he sighed the smile dropping.

"He's alright to" I coughed on my dry mouth, before saying "Niklaus?" He kept his eyes on me, and I lifted a hand to cup his cheek. "Thank you." I said. "What for love?" he asked, and put a hand on mine that was on his cheek "Everything. You... Took me in when I was littler. You raised me to be who I am today. I love you Niklaus Always and Forever" I said and he smiled at me softly "Always and Forever". Niklaus turned to leave but I tugged him back. "Even though I'm a Salvatore. I'll always be a Mikealson at heart. Thank you for being my father" I said and he smiled at be. He removed my hand and leaned down kissing my cheek.

"SORELLA" Hope yelled and opened the door, before coming in. I smiled at her, as she laid her head on my shoulder. "Are you guys okay?" she asked and I wiped my eyes. "Yeah baby I'm alright" I told her. Niklaus kissed my head, and then kissed Hopes. "You two get some sleep" he said and I nodded. He went to turn but I grabbed his hand. "Goodnight dad" I mumbled and he smiled, before calling out "Goodnight Little ones."