Explanation

Jullian and Sebastian entered the cortex which went dead silent as the friendly chatter of the room died down. All heads turned to Sebastian with an angry glare, much to his amusement. "I have finished my investigations you are all free to go, I will hopefully not have to see any of your guilty faces again," he feigned delight, before turning heel and leaving.

Barry knew this might be his last chance to get back at Sebastian so he took it, "Sebastian!" He called.

Sebastian turned to face him with a quizzical look, "what?" He demanded. He could not be bothered with Barry right now, but if it gave him a chance to hurt him more, then he would be tempted to take it.

"You were wrong," Barry grinned smugly, for once he might win an argument with Sebastian, for once, he might hurt Sebastian instead.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes to a glare as team Flash looked from one twin to the other, the air was thick with tension as Sebastian smirked, "about what?"

"About dad, he didn't kill mum and he got out of prison," Barry said confidently.

Sebastian's smile faltered, only for a second, but it did happen and Barry felt a massive sense of accomplishment, "oh, Barry," Sebastian said in a baby voice, "we both know that video confession was fake,"

Barry felt his anger spike out of control as everyone in the room either gasped or took a step back from Barry who was trying desperately to control his anger, "what?" he gritted his teeth, "how did you know about that video?"

Sebastian had a dangerous look in his eyes that Iris recognised all to well, he was about to mess with Barry, which many times before had resulted in tears at Sebastian's brutality, "you don't think I wouldn't check out why Henry Allen was let out of prison do you?" Sebastian grinned victoriously as Barry was so close to strangling him, "it pains me really to see such an injustice, your father was a criminal and a murderer," he sneered.

Barry snapped, he didn't care that he had lost again, he just wanted to hurt Sebastian, he was overwhelmed by rage, and the next thing he knew he had sped towards and pinned Sebastian to a wall before the blink of a eye, "DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT, HE WAS YOUR FATHER TO AND NO MATTER WHAT YOU DID OR WHO YOU HURT HE NEVER STOPPED LOVING YOU!" Barry screamed in a shocked Sebastian's face. Barry felt tears brimming in his eyes as his judgment was clouded by white hot rage.

There was a stunned silence as Barry realised his mistake, the rest of team Flash were backed into a corner out of fear, they had never seen Barry so angry that he lost control like that before and used his speed, it was petrifying, and the snark that Sebastian met Barry's anger with was vicious and brutal. The silence was broken when Sebastian let out a hearty laugh, which confused everyone bar himself. "That's hilarious, Barry Allen, the flash, of all the people of course its you, you always were other people's bitch now weren't you," Sebastian laughed.

"Shut up," Barry yelled, he couldn't contain his hatred for Sebastian, it was overwhelming him.

"Barry, if I were you I'd let me go, because if not you have just confirmed your guiltiness," Sebastian advised him. Barry refused to let go, he wanted to kill the man too bad.

"No," he replied.

"Is that so?" Sebastian sent a hard glare at his brother before shoving him off of himself, forcing Barry to take several steps back. He was astounded by Sebastian's strength, he had forgotten just how strong he was in comparison to himself. "I will see you in court," Sebastian smiled as he waved goodbye to them all sarcastically before leaving. Barry stood there fuming with rage and gritting his teeth. He stared at the back of his biggest weakness, Sebastian Smythe.

"Wow, Barry your brother is a dick," Cisco snorted.

"He is not my brother Cisco," Barry hissed, he hated that man more than any other, more than Zoom, more than the Reverse Flash, they at least had a reason to be evil, Sebastian did not. He had no valid answer whenever Barry asked him why he was so cruel and it killed him. How could one person be so mean.

At that moment Joe stalked into the room with a very puzzled face, glancing backwards every now and then in confusion, "was that-"

"Yes," Barry grumbled as he leaned against the Cortexes main desk.

"Oh I am sorry Barry," Joe's face fell as he smiled sympathetically at his son. Barry just waved him off and turned to meet the demanding eyes of Cisco.

"Okay, explain, how am I the only one worried about him knowing Barry is the Flash?" Cisco commanded

"He won't tell, it's too unbelievable, and plus he will keep it to manipulate and torture me. He may be my blood brother, but he is certainly not my family," Barry huffed as he slouched and groaned relising that once again Sebastian had one over him.

"How is he so unlike you though?" Caitlin asked, she was genuinely confused, how they were so different just didn't make sense, their genetic makeup looked as though it was identical.

"Sebastian was... a very sweet little child, shy but loving and then Barry's mother died and... he decided to betray his father and Barry, he declared that he couldn't be near his father after what he had done, he was convinced it was Henry who murdered Nora, despite Barry's pleas with him," Joe explained to the group.

"Where was he that night?" Wally asked, looking directly at Barry.

"He was at one of his friends houses," Barry explained.

"Did he change his name then?" Julian asked.

"Yes, realistically I could only take care of one of them, and Sebastian had decided that he didn't want to be near his father ever again so it only made sense that he was the one to go into the system," Joe told them with a solemn face, "Smythe was the name of his adoptive father, so that's what he legally changed his name to,"

"Was?" Barry asked, he hadn't heard about Mr Smythe's death, not that he cared, he hated both Sebastian and Mr Smythe.

"There were some ehh... it's, I can't, it classified," Joe blurted out in a panic.

"Dad? Did Mr Smythe die? Or get sent to prison or something?" Iris asked, Barry just rolled his eyes, she was so good willed that she even cared about the people she hated.

"I can't tell you, like I said, that's classified," Joe told them.

"Well whatever, who cares, can we focus on helping central city now?" Barry snorted, he hated talking about Sebastian, it usually meant nothing good, and plus, Sebastian would revel in their hatred for him.