Cases, Files and Dead Bodies

When Barry entered work the next morning, everything was a blur. There were officers running around in a panicked haze and a lot of damage and rubble being cleared up. He felt panic crush his chest as he weaved through masses of people all in a rush to reach their destination. Barry found Joe by his desk, his face was stoic and he was sitting down flicking through some papers, "Joe, what the hell happened here?" Barry asked as he stood by Joe.

Joe sighed and ran a hand over his face as he turned to Barry, "well, the precinct failed to ID Finley Cooper before he woke up and attacked and killed three officers," Joe's face was stricken with grief, he had worked with those officers before and he owed one of them his life.

"Oh my gosh, really? Which officers?" Barry asked in a rush. He was an idiot, he should have made sure that the precinct knew that Cooper was a Meta Human, but he didn't, instead he went after Sebastian.

"Officers Tucker, Maverick and Fraser," Joe told him with a solemn face.

Barry felt his insides hollow. He knew those officers, they had families, wives, kids and now they were dead, because of his mistake. Barry felt guilt churn in his stomach as he placed his hand over his mouth. Anger slowly began to rise in his chest, this man was truly a monster, "we need to find him, we need to put this right," Barry growled.

Joe looked up at him with sorrowful eyes, "yes, yes we definitely do,"

"Allen!" Barry heard his name being called so he turned to see Captain Singh walking towards him at a frightening pace, Barry swallowed hard as the Captain stopped meters away from him with an impassive look on his face, "there has been another crime committed by a Meta, who we are hoping is Findlay Cooper, it is by the port, go there and see what you can find," Barry nodded in relief, "wait here though, there is someone I need to talk to before I can let you go there," with that the Captain turned heel and left Barry standing in confusion.

Sebastian stepped into the mayhem of the CCPD, he had received a call in the early hours of the morning from the Captain of the precinct, and who was he to say no to the opportunity to square off against Findlay once more. He pushed through the mass of bodies to where the offices were, and sure enough he found Captain Singh. He couldn't help but notice that behind the Captain was with Barry's new father and Barfy himself. "Ah, Sebastian, just the man I was looking for," the captain said cheerily.

Sebastian shook his outstretched hand and smiled genuinely, "how can I help?"

"Well we have a criminal on the loose that you are well aquatinted with and I was hoping that you would help out our department on this case as it's a particularly dangerous one?" The Captain asked in a business like manner.

"Of course, I will be in Central City for a while so I will be able to help as long as you need me," Sebastian smirked at Barry's face, that was slowly showing more distaste, Sebastian was amused by this, he lived to see Barry suffer.

"Well, there was an attack at the port this morning, a unit is already there but if you could go down and check that out, that would be useful," the Captain told him, Sebastian nodded, "oh and take our forensic with you, I am sure you have met since your resemblance is uncanny, so you should know how brilliant he is in the field,"

Barry and Sebastian's hearts dropped though their stomachs. To be together for more than five minutes might mean death for both of them. Sebastian hated the idea of working anywhere near Barry, the thought left a foul taste in his mouth, however, he needed to catch Cooper once and for all, even if he needed to humour the Captain. He nodded his head, he wasn't able to form words at his shock so he just watched Captain Singh stalk away. Barry gritted his teeth and slunk over to Sebastian with anger evident in his eyes, "why would you say yes?" He hissed.

Sebastian found Barry's anger beyond amusing, "because I love to see you angry Barry, it just makes my day,"

Barry growled and was about to reply but he felt a hand squeeze his shoulder, Barry turned to see Joe standing next to him with an emotionless expression, which kind of freaked him out, "Sebastian, it's been a while," Joe said in a very monotone voice. Tension filled the air as neither of the two men backed down, their relationship had always been incredibly tense and it had always scared Barry. It was like two massive immovable forces had crashed head on into each other.

"Fortunately," Sebastian glared at Joe with an intensity that made Barry want to take a step back, it was far from the playful ones that enraged him.

"You've changed quite a bit since the last time I saw you," Joe drawled with no emotion behind any of his words, it was the kind of voice he put on whilst in an interrogation, empty and without meaning.

"You've not, you're still the old billy goat I remember," Sebastian grumbled, his anger blurred his vision as he stared at Joe with murderous intent.

"I'm glad you remember me fondly Sebastian, it's similar to the way you remembered your father," Joe raised his eyebrow and stared daringly into Sebastian's hateful eyes. Barry was terrified, the man who kept him in line as a kid and the man who tormented him as a kid were going face to face and it worried him immensely.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes, "fondly is one way to put it, my father on the other hand was amazing and a genius, unlike that of you or Henry Allen," Barry felt anger tug at his chest, but he knew better than to act on it, "see you at the crime scene Barry," he hissed, and with that he slithered away.

Barry turned to Joe with an expectant expression, "what the hell was that?" He knew something had gone down between those two, it was as plain to see as daylight itself.

"None of you concern Barry," Joe told him in a commanding voice, the kind of voice he hadn't heard in a long time.

"Of course it's my concern," Barry insisted.

"Drop it Barry," Joe snapped before storming away with an angry cloud surrounding him. Barry felt curiosity begin to pick away at the situation, Barry wanted to find out what had happened between them, it obviously was very, very bad.