I Promised

Henry stood on the roof of Star Labs, the cold night wind blew his hair about softly, the street lights of the city below him twinkled like stars. He felt anger bubbling in his chest. He could hear the city traffic and the occasional honk of a horn, but aside from that it was silent. For the first time in years he had met his own son. That felt weird for him to admit. When he learned that Sebastian had died he really felt like he would never see him again, like he had missed his own son's funeral. He shook his head and placed it in the palm of his hand. He could never explain the relief and joy he felt when Barry took off Sebastian's helmet. At first Henry had didn't believe it, but he did now.

"You still mad at me?" Henry looked to his left to see Joe standing right beside him. He hadn't noticed him before.

"Yes," Henry replied. He was hurt, at the very least Joe should have let him know about Sebastian, he was his father for goodness Sakes.

Joe paused, taking time to think over his words, "I'm sorry," he replied, "but I couldn't just say no to his wishes, at the time I still though you murdered Nora and he had a right to keep it confidential since you weren't his legal guardian at the time," he tried to explain.

"You still should have told me, how long have we been friends?" Henry persisted. He felt his anger slowly subsiding, he could see Joe's side of the argument.

"For too long," the cop laughed. He missed the days when Henry and him would go out and have a beer together at the bar.

"Long enough for you to have trusted me," Henry insisted, "but it's okay, I understand," he smiled. Joe felt warmth spread across his heart. He was so glad Henry understood.

Sebastian sat in the rain, he could feel the freezing cold water dripping from his hair and onto his clothes. The streetlight above him flickered in the night. Plumes of his breath cradled his face. He could feel water soaking through his suit into his bones, but he didn't mind. The sound of the rain was so peaceful. The harsh splattering on the pavement just sounded so perfect. He took in a deep breath of icy cold air. He felt peace resonating through him. It had been nearly three months since he had woken up in a hospital in central city with no clue how he got there. Figures. He wasn't sure he wanted to know though.

"Be careful, if you sit out in the rain too long you'll get a cold," Sebastian snapped his head to the left, and sure enough there was a very familiar man sitting on the park bench right next to him.

"When did you... Barry?" Sebastian nearly choked. Why was his brother in Ohio, on a park bench, right next to him?

"I haven't been here for very long," Barry smiled genuinely. Something was off, Sebastian knew Barry was only friendly when they were being supervised or he wanted something. He hated him too much.

"What do you want?" Sebastian rolled his eyes with a glare. He couldn't be bothered dealing with his brother right now, especially not after learning everyone thought he was dead for an entire year. Though it would seem the only ones that missed him was his employers.

"I want to talk," Barry insisted, he finally had the chance to make his family three parts of a whole, it would just need some hard work and determination on Barry's part though. Both boys were soaking from the rain.

"We are talking, now what do you want?" Sebastian asked more sharply, he was loosing his patience. If Barry was coming to him, then it couldn't be something good.

Barry rolled his eyes, Sebastian would be so Sebastian like, "you don't remember what happened during the year you were thought to be dead, do you?" He tried to softly coax Sebastian into being interested.

"Nope, I don't, why?" He narrowed his eyes at Barry, there was something different, his normal hostility wasn't present in his eyes, it looked like he genuinely wanted to have a conversation, it's too bad the Sebastian thought differently.

"I know, and I can tell you," Barry tried to persuade him to talk more.

"No thank you," Sebastian quickly turned around to face away from his brother as Barry's heart dropped, "I really don't care," he stood up and was met face to face with someone he hadn't seen in a very long time. His eyes grew wide and his mouth hung agape, "you're meant to be dead," he said in barley a whisper, he felt guilt claw at his insides as he stared his own father, who he turned his back on, directly in the eyes.

"So are you," Henry smiled, he could feel happiness and joy spilling out into a smile on his face, Sebastian was there, he was ok, he was living and breathing in front of him.

"We know about Findlay Copper," Sebastian's head snapped towards Barry in alarm as beads of rain water dripped off of his wet hair, he shouldn't know about his psychotic best friend, he was speechless, which just made Barry and Henry happier. Sebastian placed his hand on the back of the bench to steady himself.

"We also knew about those scars on your back, and how you got them," Henry told him, his voice darkening with every word he spilled. He felt a wave of protectiveness wash over him.

Sebastian felt like they had a gun to his head, he felt so vulnerable and weak, that had all of this dirt on him now and he didn't approve, "h-how?" He squeaked. The rain continued to bucket down all around them. Beads of the liquid water formed on their eyelashes, making it difficult to see.

"We learned all of this in that time you don't remember, we can remind you though," Barry tried in vein to convince his brother to talk to him. It pained him to see him so shocked and open, it looked so unnatural on him.

Sebastian gathered himself and took several steps backwards away from the pair, "no, I don't want or need to know, and I would appreciate it if you kept your noses in your own life, and I will keep mine in my own," he turned and walked away leaving behind his distraught and devastated family. They should have known better, he had lived his whole life as a lie, it wouldn't be easy to give it up.

"If you change your mind, you know where to find us," Barry yelled after him, he still had a glimmer of hope form from shocked Sebastian was. Maybe it was possible he could get them back again. Sebastian knew if he wasn't so shocked he would have fired back, but he couldn't bring himself to call his father a murderer to his face, it was different from just saying it someone you barley knew. He felt strange and familiar emotions bubble up inside of him as he walked away. Despair gripped at his chest. He hurt them, he hurt both of them so bad, now they wanted to talk to him? He thought not, they would be better off far, far away from him.