Help

To say Barry was shocked when a soaking wet brown cat came trotting into the cortex, dragging a brown file with confidential stamped across it, would be an understatement. Barry and Caitlin shared a confused glance, "you are seeing this too right?" Barry asked as he pointed to the cat, which had sat down and placed the folder next to him.

"Yup, I see it," Caitlin replied confidently. She was very startled, she hadn't seen a real cat in quite some time.

"What are we see- oh," Cisco waltz into the cortex only to notice the large cat, sitting by Barry's feet. Barry knelt down and picked up the folder, he dusted the mud and dirt off the edges. The folder was dripping and soggy, he wouldn't dare open it until it was dry, just in case it ripped.

The cat looked up at him with large and bright hazel eyes. It meowed showing off tiny little white daggers and a little pink tongue, Barry shivered, "Cats give me the creeps," he grumbled and leant back against the desk whilst placing the folder on it, waiting for it to dry.

"What should we do with it?" Cisco asked as he edged closer to the cat.

Caitlin crouched down at the cats level. It had a white muzzle and light brown fur, but it also had dark brown stripes that lined its whole body and an adorable little pink nose. Around its ears and the back of its neck was long tufts of fluffy, but wet brown fur, "he's so cute," Cisco squeaked as Caitlin happily patted the cats head, to which Sebastian grudgingly allowed her. He needed to earn their trust, so he couldn't bite them, "we should call Jullian, he has a cat, he will know what to do with it,"

Jullian arrived at the cortex slightly wet, it was tipping it down outside and he had walked most of the way. He was fairly surprised to find out that a random cat had appeared in Star Labs, carrying a confidential file. He surveyed the room, Barry, Cisco and Caitlin were all sitting cross legged around the poor cat, it looked so bored, and like a drowned rat. It's wet fur clung to its body. Henry sat a few meters away, just surveying it.

"By gosh, you weren't joking, you really do have a cat infestation," Jullian laughed at the slight discomfort on Barry's face. Barry just rolled his eyes.

"What should we do with it Jullian?" Caitlin asked, "should we just take it outside?"

"No," Jullian replied, "if that cat brought you a folder in the pouring rain and came all the way up to this specific room, then there is something very special about it, cats don't just do that," he narrowed his eyes at the feline as he drew closer to it. The cat was sitting down, not doing anything, just observing. A small puddle had gathered around it.

"You're right," Cisco nodded. This whole situation was very strange. All the cats he had know did what they wanted, when they wanted, and they sure as hell didn't drag folders around with them to give to people they didn't know.

"I know I am right," Jullian smirked, earning him a few glares.

"So do we keep it then?" Barry asked with distaste.

"You should," Henry interjected, "that is one very strange cat, nothing like the ones I had as a kid, it is bound to be of some importance," he couldn't help but stare at the cat, the way it moved and the way it watched was odd, it was like he had seen it somewhere before.

"M'kay, but if we keep it, you lot need to look after it," Barry said as he got up and put his jacket on. He was going home, he had enough drama for one night.

"See you Barry," they said to him as he left the room with a wave. Barry didn't like this, not one bit, to him cats were creepy, sneaky little jerks and they were always around your feet. He shivered at the thought of their teeth, he had been bitten by so many cats before that he thought it was best for him to just avoid them all together.

Cisco got up and disappeared for a few minutes, leaving his friends to marvel at the cat. It stared at them back, it was clear it did not enjoy being the crowded. Cisco reappeared with a bright red towel, "we can't just let it stay wet, the cute little thing might get a little cold or something," he cooed over the creature as he passed Caitlin the towel, Jullian sat next to her, laughing, he had never seen Cisco so exited. Before either of them could do anything, the cat began to rub his head on the towel. The next thing they knew the cat grabbed the towel in his mouth and backed off a couple of meters away from them, where he began to rub himself against it to dry off his fur. He clearly like his space.

"That's interesting," Jullian snorted, it was a smart cat, he would give it that. Maybe it didn't like getting touched, or maybe it just didn't like getting helped by humans, but it definitely knew what a towel was used for. Meanwhile Henry just sat and observed, he knew that sometimes the best approach to a strange situation was just to watch and examine.

"We need to name him," Caitlin announced. It they were going to keep the cat a while, it needed a name. They couldn't just keep calling it the cat forever. Well they could, but that's beyond the point. They felt it needed a name, so that's what it was going to get.

"Oh good idea," Cisco began to ponder, but not for very long, "can we call him Hazel Nut?" He asked as he looked at the cats eyes. They really were very unique and they were a mix of vivid green and brown.

Caitlin scrunched up her nose, "that's too long and detailed," they needed a simple name for the cat.

"Why don't you just call him Nutella then?" Jullian asked, he liked Nutella, it was the perfect mix of nutty and sweet.

"Perfect," Cisco grinned from ear to ear.