If Only He Could Have Seen It

Barry sat, side by side with his father in the cortex. No one else was there, just them. All of the others had gone home. It had been a few weeks since the whole feline fiasco, and very little had happened since then. Crime was at an all time low, a very suspicious all time low. He sat back in the chair and turned to his father, who's face was slightly downturned, "what's wrong?" Barry asked. Henry had been moping around the lab for quite a while, it was clear something was bugging him.

Henry looked at him directly in the eye, "I think you already know the answer to that," he replied with a sigh. He was so tired, no exhausted, and he didn't know how to fix it. He felt drained and numb. He was loosing hope.

"Sebastian," Barry smiled sadly at Henry. He wouldn't ever know what it felt like to have a child push you away, but he could guess what it felt like. It was rubbish.

"I just wish so bad, that one day all three of us will be able to sit down and just talk," Henry's eyes lit up with hope and excitement, "not about anything in particular, we wouldn't be hurting each other either, we would just be acting like a normal family," he could only dream of that right now.

"Me too," Barry began to think of his brother and how much he just wanted to be friends again.

"Maybe even one day we could sit down and eat together, nothing fancy, just like a Chinese takeaway or something," a smile split across his face as he felt emotions bubbling up behind his eyes, "but I am beginning to think that he really does hate us,"

"He doesn't," Barry denied it, "I know he doesn't, he spent years feeling guilty for what he has done and punishing himself by making us hate him, that habit won't be easy to break, especially if he doesn't want to break it," he explained with a heavy heart. Thinking about what his brother went through made him miserable, if only he had seen past the bully to vulnerable child underneath. That child was still there somewhere and Barry had seen glimpses of it, but he knew he needed to expose the whole thing if he wanted to get anywhere Sebastian.

"I know, but every time he turns us down and every time I see him struggle, it just makes things so much worse," Henry replied, he was aware that this was the first time he had come to Barry for support, and it was new, but strangely nice.

Barry nodded his head, "I get the sense that it makes him miserable too, I think that this really is just a game of patience and kindness, we will get there eventually,"

"I hope so, I would wait forever if I had to, even if I only got to spend a minute with him, the real him," Henry felt a smile crawl across his face again at the idea of quality spending time with his sons. He hadn't been able to do that since they were eleven.

Sebastian walked into the precinct. There were people and police officers whirring around, delivering paperwork and seeing to their evidence. He took a deep breath and dove into the mass of people, wove through the people gracefully to get to his destination. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Barry looking over his way. He felt guilt crush him over what had happened with Henry, he shouldn't have snapped so badly. He could still remember the complete and utter disappointment and deviation that befell his fathers face when he left him in Jitters. He was a disgrace, but he did nothing about it. He knew that at some point he would have to apologise, but he had no plans to do it in the near future. He found his way to the interrogation room. He looked at the door. It lead straight to the viewing room, and a door inside that room lead to the holding section. He opened the door quickly and strode in with confidence. Two officers and the captain were in the dark room, they were looking through tinted one way glass at a very familiar face, "glad you could make it," the captain nodded, "he is ready to be questioned, but the officers that interrogated him before you got nothing,"

Sebastian nodded and proceeded to enter into the interrogation room through a sound proof door. The room was bland and in the middle of it was a metal table with someone Sebastian knew well handcuffed to it. He walked forwards and sat in the seat opposite the man with a note book and a pen, "Hunter, it's been a while," Sebastian greeted the younger of the two Clarington siblings. He looked just like his brother except Charles was taller by quite a bit.

"Sebastian, I think the last time I saw you was at Dalton," Hunter replied as a cheeky smirk played across his face. Sebastian felt anger churn in his chest at Hunter, he had always been a prick.

"Yes, except this time you've been arrested for something completely different, Cooper Seldon" Sebastian replied with his own sarcastic smirk, he knew that Hunter had been arrested under his alias. Hunter stopped smiling as a danger flashed across his eyes. "You were arrested for a pretty serious crime, but that's not what I want to know about," he said.

Hunter raised an angry eyebrow, "what do you want to know about then?" He was angry that he got caught, but he also didn't want to be here in the slightest.

"Your brother," Sebastian replied dryly. He didn't want to waste anymore time on Hunter than necessary.

"Of course, I remember, you and yours had quite a tangle with him now didn't they?" Hunter grinned, Sebastian's smile never left his face, but he was filling with anger on the inside, "I haven't spoken to him in a while so I can't tell you much, but I will say this, he is planning something, something bad," Hunter told him. As much as he loved his brother, he loved himself more.