Payback Time

Stalking is something Barry never thought he would have to do in his Flash suit. Especially stalking someone he hated. Barry shivered slightly as it was a cold night and he was perched atop a roof staring down at his exact replica who was walking through the streets and back allies going who knows where. Barry was supposed to be confronting him but he still needed to pluck up the courage. Sebastian was a very daunting task and as of right now he didn't have his brief case which meant he was off duty. "Barry just go and talk to him, if there is anything I have learned about mean brothers it is that even though you hate them, you should still try to work things out, before it's too late," Barry was stunned by Cisco's words, only hours ago he had been trying to help Barry find a way to blackmail him.

"He isn't my brother," Barry hissed, "what has brought this on anyway?"

"Just you know, I wish I could spend just one more night with Dante Barry, I want that so bad, even if we spent the night arguing, but I can't, so just go talk to him, please, you never know what could happen," Cisco begged him. Barry felt guilt smother him, Cisco was right, but still, his hatred for Sebastian was much larger than his longing for an actual brother that cared.

Barry huffed, "no, if he died then I wouldn't care," Cisco went silent, he was shocked, Sebastian must have been a really awful person with no redeeming features. Barry turned on his visual feed, he felt guilt swamp him, he couldn't bear to talk any longer, he wouldn't trust himself. He watched Sebastian take a turn in an ally that did not look inhabitable. There was grime all over the walls with rubbish piled to head height, there were massive puddles lying on the floor that perfectly reflected the night sky. What was Sebastian doing here? Out of the corner of his eyes Barry saw a man in a hoodie sneak up behind Sebastian.

"Barry, do something," Joe scolded him.

"I will intervene if I need to," Barry snorted.

"For gods sakes Barry, now isn't the time for pride," the voice of Iris yelled in his ear, Barry simply ignored them, he didn't care what happened to Sebastian, he might be the only person in the world that Barry wouldn't help. Plus, Sebastian could take care of himself. The others continued to rant in his ear as Barry silently followed the two below him. The hooded man caught up with Sebastian, and before Barry knew it Sebastian was pinned against a wall with a gun to his head.

"BARRY, DO SOMETHING," Cisco screamed.

The man whispered something inaudible to Sebastian who had his hands above his head and looked unamused, "shoot me," Sebastian goaded them. Now Barry was really interested, not concerned, just interested. His audio link with team Flash went silent, he guessed that they were curious as well.

"W-what?" A feminine voice replied.

"You heard me, pull the trigger, end my life," his face was serious, "I won't try to stop you," The girl was quaking in her boots, Barry didn't blame her, Sebastian was terrifying. A couple of seconds past so Sebastian calmly took the gun from her hands, she let him, "look kid, you have your whole life ahead of you, and so what if you are having a rough time right now, I promise, it will get better, don't waste your life rotting away in some prison cell," his voice was soft as he coaxed her to come closer. Barry expected Sebastian to knock out the kid after luring her into a false sense of security or to arrest her and get her locked up for life, but no, he hugged her as she softly began to cry. He let her cry on his shoulder. Barry felt a pang of jealousy, he may hate Sebastian but that doesn't mean that he didn't constantly wish as a child that they weren't separated, that doesn't mean he prayed most nights as a kid that they could be best friends again, it doesn't mean that Barry didn't want to have him as a brother. Right now it felt as though Barry was looking at the past Sebastian, the one he stayed up late watching movie marathons with and sneaking food out of the kitchen past their bedtime. Barry felt a few of his old wounds opening up as a familiar pang of longing and an unescapable hollowness erupted in his chest

"What?" Cisco squeaked down the link.

"Don't ask me," Barry replied quietly.

"You are still in trouble," Joe grumbled.

"I know," Barry whispered, almost inaudibly.

The girl had seemed to gather herself enough to take a few steps back from Sebastian, "alright now run home kid, don't turn to crime, it is a dead end ally," he smiled at her and she nodded gratefully before sprinting away. Sebastian watched her go, his face held a sadness that Barry had never seen before.

As soon as the girl had disappeared Barry was in front of Sebastian with a smug smile, "B-Barry?" Sebastian stuttered, taken off guard.

Barry felt the need to annoy him, "could it be that the Sebastian Smythe has a soft side,"

Sebastian looked shocked, and his face drained of colour, Barry liked that, that was something he hadn't ever seen Sebastian do, "shut up, I took an oath to bring about justice and protect those in need of protecting," he hissed. Barry heard Joe laughing down the comm.

"A bit like the Flash then," Barry pointed to the symbol on his chest.

"What do you want?" He growled with a roll of his eyes.

"I want to know why a man named Finley Cooper tried to kill me," Barry looked Sebastian straight in the eyes.

Sebastian shifted his weight uncomfortably, seeing Sebastian uncomfortable also made Barry very happy, "ah... yes, him," Sebastian didn't really reply, but he then stood up tall, it seemed his shock and niceness had worn off as he held Barry's glare.

"Why is he trying to kill you?" Barry growled.

"Well Barry, I got him locked up, so he wants me dead," Sebastian told him with a smirk.

"And the jerk is back," Cisco whispered down Barry's comm.

Barry had to stop himself from smiling as he glared at Sebastian, "why didn't he use his powers to try and kill me?"

"I don't know," Sebastian hissed, "he always pins it on being a fair fight with me not having powers and all," Sebastian was clearly not amused by Barry's interrogation, "but now I am guessing that the next time he is after me he is going to try and kill me before I can speed away, well done Barry," Sebastian clapped his hands slowly and patronisingly.

"No, don't worry, I dropped him off at a police station, handcuffed and knocked out, they will have recognised him and put some power neutralising cuffs on him," Barry told Sebastian with a hard glare.

Sebastian's expression was unreadable, "fine," he said before stalking away.

Barry glared at the mans back, "that means you owe me one, Smythe,"

Sebastian laughed but continued to walk away, "I never asked you to Barfy, you did that all on your own," Barry shuddered at Sebastian's nickname for him. It brought back so many memories of arguments and fights that the pair had, even though they had barely seen each other after the age of eleven.

"Don't call me that," Barry snapped.

"Bye, bye Barfy," Sebastian waved half heartedly as he disappeared out of Barry's sight.