Talk The Talk

Barry, Cisco, Joe and Caitlin sat at a long square table with Henry Allen and Thirty, they needed to discuss some major business. Barry sat forwards and clasped his hands, "okay, before we can start trying to save all of the Assasins, we need to know, what was your purpose?"

"We were made to do the Master's dirty work," Henry explained, "he used us as his 'invisible' army that would help him to destroy the military, so far we have killed quite a few highly ranked officers," his body language reflected Barry's almost perfectly.

"But why?" Caitlin was confused, what did this man have against the army?

"I don't know the specifics, I didn't ask, for control maybe, or perhaps he didn't like the way they get things done, there is a multitude of possible reasons," the father of the Flash told them as he rubbed the back of his neck and the bottom of his helmet.

"How did he bring you back to life?" Caitlin narrowed her eyes, she still had no idea what to make of this whole situation, even right now they were doing a massive amounts of tests and examinations on Dante, but so far, it was as though he had never died. He was in perfect health, aside from the injuries and broken bones that were caused by his fight with the Flash.

Henry turned to Thirty, the air around the pair slowly began to fill with unease, "have you ever heard of the Lazarus Pit?" He wasn't sure how to approach this one, he had only ever seen one person be resurrected, and it was Thirty, just because of that, Henry felt like he understood Thirty more than the other assassins.

"Like the Pit Rahs AlGhul uses to stay youthful?" Cisco felt his heart leap into his mouth as excitement escaped him, if his brother had been brought back by something he only dreamed existed, then him might have a nerdgasim.

Joe glared at him to make him to drop his excitement, "yes," Henry replied, "exactly like that, that's what he uses," Henry felt relieved that one of them knew what he was talking about.

"But in the comics you can't just dump a dead body in and hope for the best," Barry sat back in his seat and scratched his chin. He wasn't sure about this, it all seemed too implausible, to surreal. It surely couldn't be true, however, not that long ago he wouldn't have dreamt he could become what he was or even do what he did. He supposed that nothing really was impossible.

"Really? The comics have changed since my day," he grumbled under his breath, "well I don't know all the details but I do know that the Assassins were half alive but partially brain dead before they were put into the pit, I am also vaguely aware that the Master created some kind of formula that would bring people to the brink of life using water from the Lazarus pit," He answered truthfully, he didn't know everything, but he knew more than most.

"Okay, do you know how we could begin to save people without the master knowing?" Barry asked, he wanted to get this over with quickly so that he wouldn't loose anyone this time.

"No, I have no idea, I can tell you where his base is, but I can also tell you that you won't get in there or past the twenty eight highly trained assassins that are in there," he stopped and glanced at Thirty, "to defeat just one of them, you would need another one," he gestured to Thirty, "I can also tell you their plans for the next month or so, but I can't promise they won't have changed,"

Barry absorbed all the information he had just received, "okay, well we better get to work then!" He mumbled.

The Flash and Thirty sat silently, side by side on top of a very large skyscraper, the pitch black night made it difficult to see and the cold nipped his breath. Barry had binoculars plastered to his face, this wasn't the way he normally did things, but if he wanted to beat the ninja, he would have to become one. He could see two of the Assassins on a rooftop a little ways below them, they were on an observing mission of their own. He was slight unnerved be there only being two Assassins though, his father had told him that there was meant to be three, but he had also warned him that the plans had changed. Nevertheless, it never hurt to be on guard.

One of the resurrected martial artists placed a finger on the side of his helmet, he pointed to the streets below him, which were just out of view from Barry. Though the speedster was still unsure about all of this, he did know that his dad was a good man, dead or alive, and if someone was using him just like Dante, then he would risk everything to save him. Barry was distracted when he felt two hand shove him forwards as a a sharp prick pierced his back. Almost immediately his entire body was beginning to go limp and he fell forwards. Thirty grabbed onto Barry's ankle before he could fall too far. He struggled to pull him up, but he did, slowly. Yet as soon as Barry was safe on the roof it was filled with battening Assassins. The Flash lay immobile and paralysed on the floor, he could barley make out what happened, but he could see their shadows dance gracefully across the floor, entertaining and wrapping around one another. Slowly the Assassins disappeared from the roof, Barry could only guess that Thirty was either dead, captured or fleeing. He felt his gut churn, he had sworn that this time no one was going to die, that they were all going to make it. He failed.