I Didn't Mean It

Barry was surprised to find that Key Stone Orphanage had been changed into an old storage warehouse. It was fairly small, about the size of a barn, but it was also pretty empty. The only thing there was the thick layer of dust that lay on the floor. It was dim inside the warehouse because of the windows being small narrow slits imbedded into the walls. Barry sat in the rafters with his suit on, slowly running his finger over a small metallic object in his hands, "are you sure this will work?" Barry asked doubtfully before he swallowed it whole.

"I am roughly sixty percent sure, maybe fifty, no forty," Barry heard Cisco grunt, so he could only guess that Caitlin had elbowed him, "it was hard to know wether or not the device works because none of us have ever had any contact with his powers so it's the closest I could guess," Cisco announced.

"Thanks Cisco," Barry snorted. He was just full of confidence today.

"Barry, I did some research on the orphanage," Caitlin's voice told Barry, "it turns out that it burned down quite a while ago, and guess what two people were residents at the time,"

Barry did a double take, "they were at an orphanage together?" He had no idea that Sebastian's orphanage burned down, he didn't really care, but it was a surprise.

"Yes, maybe they were friends or something," Caitlin muttered.

"Why would Finn try to kill Sebastian then?" Cisco asked.

"I don't know, maybe it's so that people won't suspect that they are working together or something like that," Barry concluded, "it doesn't matter anyway, just turn on the vocal feed on my suit, I don't know what is going to happen and I don't want to be alone,"

"You should have taken Wally with you," Joe's voice sang into Barry's ear.

"No, this is my fight, I don't want to get him involved, plus he can be here in a second if I really need him," Barry told them sternly, the last thing he needed was Wally getting hurt. Barry checked his watch, it was quarter to eleven, he had plenty of time.

Findlay burst through the doors to the warehouse, he silently closed them behind him. He glanced around warily and sighed in content, "home sweet home," he muttered bitterly under his breath.

Now was Barry's time to spring into action, he sped down to Findlay and took a swing, he couldn't waste time, when Sebastian got here he wanted to take him out as well without having to let either one of them escape. Barry froze unwillingly and he felt his heart sink. Findlay turned to him with a look of disgust on his face, "Sebastian promised no one else would know," with that he shoved Barry to the floor with a thud. Barry began to panic, he couldn't move, it was Findlay's power.

"Oh my god, Barry! What happened?" Iris squeaked.

Findlay began to pace around Barry's frozen body, "I won't ever understand why Sebastian cares about you so much Barry," the atmosphere in the room dropped as Findlay knelt down and pulled off Barry's mask, he was terrified out of his wits.

"You must be joking," he hissed.

"What do you mean?" Findlay asked, confusion wrapped his face.

"Sebastian hates me and my family with his entire being," Barry snorted.

Findlay's face hovered over Barry's as he had a wicked grin from ear to ear, "did he tell you that now?" Findlay chuckled darkly.

"Many times," Barry grumbled.

Findlay's eerie laughter rang throughout the building. Once he had calmed down a little bit, Findlay pulled Barry to a wall and propped him up against it so Barry could see the entire building, "well let me tell you something Barry, Sebastian is a brilliant liar,"

"He is also brilliant at abandoning people," Barry snarled.

Findlay sat with his leg in a basket in front of Barry, a dark look crossed his eyes, "he didn't abandon you Barry, trust me, he sacrificed himself for you,"

"What are you talking about?" Barry questioned the man in front of him who was clearly insane.

"Barry, Sebastian loved his parents, he still does, not a day doesn't go by without him wishing that he could spend just one last minute with you all as a family, but he disowned his father and mother for you, because he knew that you needed to stay in central city, he knew how bad it was being an orphan, so he made sure it was him that got put into the system," Findlay's eyes never left Barry's.

Barry was in shock, if only it were true, if only Sebastian did care that much, "stop lying to me, please, how would you know," Barry groaned, it was hurting him to hear this, if it was true then Barry would never recover.

"I know because we grew up together, doing all that, being so mean, it nearly killed him, I had to cut him down from ceiling before Barry," Findlay's eyes began to softly water, his voice was filled with emotion and his eyes were haunted with past memories. He was telling the truth. Barry wasn't sure how to process this, he didn't want to believe it, he couldn't. There was just no way. "He kept tabs on you Barry, he was always there, he was at your graduation and he missed his own prom to see you walk into yours, you were the only thing that kept him going Barry, so now you know the truth, stop hating him, please,"

Barry was in shock, "why does it matter to you, you are trying to kill him," he didn't want to think, he needed a distraction.

"Because unlike you, he really did abandon me, he left me to rot in an orphanage without ever making so much as a call or text," Findlay spat. Barry was so confused, Findlay was clearly struggling with some form of split personality disorder.

"He didn't call or text me either," Barry felt like he was trying to reason for his life.

"No, he treated you like shit because he wanted to push you away because it would be easier for you to hate him for rejecting your parents than love him," Findlay growled and got to his feet, "not that it matters now, I am going to kill you," Barry's heart flipped, he heard ringing in his ears, this was it, this was the end. Findlay walked a good twenty meters away before he turned and pulled a gun from his trousers and aimed directly at Barry.

"Oh my god, Barry!" Barry's earpiece lit up with the shouts of his desperate teammates. Findlay pulled the trigger. Barry squeezed his eyes shut. He heard a loud bang and the clanging of metal. Barry was very aware that he was still alive.