Stars

Sebastian sat on the roof of one of the many tall buildings in Central City. Of course his first job back would have to be here. He hadn't heard from Henry or Barry since a couple of weeks ago when they saw him in Ohio. The vast night sky above him seemed to endlessly stretch into the horizon. He could feel the freezing cold air filling his lungs, and peace in his heart. His satchel lay on the ground next to him, it contained some very important information about his next case. He rubbed his head lightly, he wasn't sure what Barry and Henry's agenda was, but he knew it had something to do with the year that he was missing. He could put two and two together, they knew about Findlay, his scars and seemed to be quite pleasant towards him. He was terrified that they knew all of that, it didn't sit well with him, just thinking about it made him queasy. All his life he had been pushing Barry away on purpose, so in retaliation he began to hate Sebastian, he deserved it though, he had thrown his own father under the bus. Now that Barry was being nice and seemed to want to talk, it didn't feel right, it felt like all his hard work to push him away had just collapsed. Henry was another issue all together, Sebastian had stabbed him, repeatedly in the back, but he didn't care, he seemed to be so peaceful and caring when he saw him. It was strange for Sebastian because he looked nothing like he remembered.

Sebastian heard thundering footsteps charging over the roof beside him. He looked around just in time to see a hooded figure grabbing his bag and jumping off the edge of the building. Sebastian picked himself up and was soon to follow, it was only in midair when he realised he had jumped, he landed on the roof of a building close to him with his reflexes alone. He began to chase after the thief, he flipped off the edge of the building onto and even lower one. Sebastian saw himself approach the edge, and it was as though someone else had taken the wheel because he did exactly the same and landed on his feet. He began to chase the figure, copying all of his complex manoeuvres and jumps, he had no idea how he was doing it, but he knew better than to question it.

He fairly quickly gained on the figure, and before he knew what he had done, the thief was pinned to a roof below him. The Hood fell back from the their face, revealing a middle aged, Hispanic man with light dustings of grey at the edges of his hair. He frowned, he wouldn't expect a man who looked his age to do all those stunts, then again, the same goes for him, "you haven't changed a bit Thirty, you are still the best," the man laughed.

"What? Do I know you?" Sebastian growled as he picked his bag up and stood up, the other man was quick to follow.

"Of course you do, it's me, 17, or Dante now I suppose," his smile faltered as he stared at Sebastian's confused frown, "your really don't remember do you?" He asked, his voice cracking slightly.

"Remember what?" Sebastsian spat, he was loosing his patience with this clearly delusional man.

"Nothing, sorry to bother you sir," Dante said as he took a step back off the roof and ran off into the moonlight. Sebastian thought about asking him to explain himself, but he decided against it, he didn't want to know.

Cisco, Barry and Henry all stared at Dante expectantly. They were all in the cortex discussing a very serious issue. "When I stole his bag and he chased after me, I swore it was Thirty and not Sebastian," he could feel memories from his time as an Assassin begin to flood his memory, "he doesn't remember a thing but he was still able to chase after me like an Assassin," he explained.

Barry sighed and rubbed his forehead, "so he has muscle memory but no recollection of learning the moves, brilliant,"

"It's probably because of that helmet," Henry grumbled, he hadn't approved to them giving Sebastian into the hospital anonymously, he didn't care if he needed space and time, he wanted to be by his side.

"I think you guys should talk to him again," Cisco interrupted, "maybe you could try and trigger one of his memories," Cisco told them, Barry and Henry nodded in approval, they needed to try everything.

Sebastian sat in Jitters. The warm air was filled with the smell of coffee and the soft chatter of those around him was relaxing, almost calming. It reminded him of a small cafe he used to sit in sometimes, back when he was at school. He sat in a corner table, it felt cosy and he could see the entire room from where he sat which put his mind at rest. He had paperwork spread out in front of him and he was constantly flicking his pen. He hadn't been sat there long when he heard two chairs being pulled out from under his table as two people sat down across from him. He didn't bother to look up, he already knew who it was. With a sigh he continued on working, "what do you want?" He asked them with venom lacing his voice.

"We want to be a family again Sebastian," Barry told him, he knew with all his heart that Sebastian wanted that too, even if his icy glares and mean exterior said otherwise.

"A family? Don't make me laugh," he snorted, he felt his heart twitch with longing, he so badly wanted to say yes, there was no point of him pushing them away any more, but humans are creatures of habit.

"Come to Star Labs with us, we can tell you what you did whilst you were missing for that year, and we can tell you about what happened with Findlay," Barry pleaded with him, Henry couldn't tare his eyes from Sebastian, he was in shock, he was really there, right in front of him.

"Nah, I'm fine, I'd rather avoid that lunatic and your soppy family moments," Sebastian snapped, he hadn't quite brought himself to looking at them just yet, but he could hear their disappointment, which confused him because he was so used to receiving anger from Barry, that anything else felt unnatural. Henry could see Sebastian's inner conflict through his eyes. He needed to say something.

"Okay, but Sebastian, no matter what you do, we will always love you," Henry said as he and Barry reluctantly got up from their seats and left Sebastian on his own. When they had left Sebastian felt his eyes water slightly and his hands had begun to shake. Since being adopted, that was all he had wanted to hear, since he had turned his back on his father, all he craved was forgiveness, and now that he had it, all he did was throw it back into their faces. He had no idea how to handle the wavering emotions in his chest. He refused to cave to them, they knew too much about him and it was making him uncomfortable.