It Is Me

Barry entered Jitters with a buzz of excitement and nervousness surrounding him. He could feel his stomach twisting in knots but his heart was filled with joy. The warmth of the shop made him relax slightly as he weaved through people to get to the table in the corner, where his twin brother was seated. He grinned to himself as he sat down across from Sebastian, who didn't even bother to look up from the book he was reading. His coffee on the table was still steaming, so Barry knew he hadn't been here long. His brother looked perfectly fine, there wasn't a bandage in sight, but Barry knew what lay underneath his clothing. "Sebastian," Barry called on his brother, he wanted his attention.

"What do you want this time?" Sebastian huffed in annoyance as he closed his book and rolled his eyes at his brother. All he was asking for was a week without being bothered by a family member.

"I want to tell you, well probably show you, but first tell you something," Barr found himself rambling and tripping over his words in excitement.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow, he hadn't seen Barry this exited in a long time, since they were children, then again, they hadn't been together much since then, "which is?"

"Well, I don't know if you know this, but a couple of years ago, I was struck by lightning and sent into a coma," Barry began to explain, Sebastian already knew about that though, he had visited Barry once or twice when Joe and Iris weren't there, he nearly gave some of the nurses a heart attack, "well the thing is, that lightning was caused by the particle accelerator exploding, and in return it gave me something,"

Sebastian frowned, "Barry, I swear if you try to show me a tattoo or a Lightning scar-"

"No, it's not that," Barry cut him off, he knew Sebastian would react like that, he always did, "it gave me a power, the power of super speed,"

Barry felt his heart stop as he stared at Sebastian's face in anticipation, at first it held no emotion, but then he burst out laughing, crushing Barry's hope, "you're trying to tell me that you're the Flash?" He laughed, wiping tears from his eyes.

Barry felt anger bubble in his chest, "fine then, I will prove it to you, think of something that you know for sure is in your apartment,"

Sebastian didn't think he was being serious, but he obliged to Barry, he knew he had forgotten to take his phone with him, "alright then, my phone,"

Before Sebastian had even finished the word Barry was off. Sebastian blinked in surprise as a rush of air washed over him. He had no time to process what had just happened before Barry was sitting in front of him again with a triumphant smile and Sebastian's phone in his hand, "you have a really neat apartment you know, and a bird?" he placed Sebastian's phone on the table and slid it over to him.

Sebastian was shocked, but he managed to pull himself together, "how did you know where my apartment was?" He asked, his voice still holding shock.

"You don't want to know," Barry shook his head, amusement played across his lips, this was the reaction he had been dying to see.

"Wait, how did you get into my apartment?" He asked as he patted down his pockets and felt the keys on his chest. It was a good day to not turn his alarm on.

"I fazed through the walls," Barry said with pride, Sebastian just looked more confused, "I ran through your walls, there is more I can do with my speed, that is one of them,"

Sebastian shook his head and ran his tongue over his teeth in annoyance. He put on his cold and cruel demeanour "I don't know why I am surprised, you always were other pe-"

"People's bitch?" Barry finished his sentence.

Sebastian glared at Barry, jutting his jaw to the side from frustration, he was getting to cocky and confident for his liking, "let me guess another one of your magical powers?" He growled.

Barry was a little taken aback, he hadn't expected such hostile behaviour, "no, but you've said it to me before," he admitted as his face fell a little.

Sebastian felt guilt tug at him, but he didn't let it show, he didn't remember doing this, but the chances it happened were very high, "when?" He snarled, he felt slightly more at ease now that Barry was more distant from him.

"A year and a bit ago, the time when you lost your memory," Barry sighed as he rubbed his forehead. In an instant Sebastian felt himself beginning to gain back little bits of memory, guilt plagued him, he felt a fist hitting his stomach, he heard a voice, just like his own yelling, crying out in frustration and anger, he saw small black body bags containing four small children. He passed the memories off, he knew that they were part of his past and that he should try to decider them, but he didn't want to, he knew that he probably just hurt other people by being in the room, never mind when he insulted them. Barry noticed that Sebastian spaced off, his pupils dilated and he gained a weary expression, "Sebastian?" Barry asked softly, Sebastian's eyes snapped towards him, they were confused and in denial, "what do you remember?" He didn't reply, he just got up and left Barry sitting on his own.

Cisco sat across from Dante, he felt happiness flicker in his chest. They sat in some small cafe in the outskirts of Central City. It was small and rustic, but it sold good quality coffee. There were only one other couple in the cafe and the staff had disappeared around the back "So you are completely healed now?" Cisco asked.

"Yeah, but you can pack quite a punch kiddo, nearly killed me," Dante laughed. Cisco felt a cloud settle over him, he had nearly killed his brother. He needed to be more careful with his powers. Dante could see that Cisco was haunted by this, "hey, don't worry about it, the past is in the past," he assured his brother. Cisco nodded his head silently, "how is Thirty?" He asked, a shiver crawled down his spine at the thought of his time as an assassin.

"He was stabbed recently," Cisco told him, he felt pity waver on his chest.

"Really? Jeez, the guy can't catch a break can he?" Dante sighed and thought of his former friend.

"No, I suppose he can't," Cisco smirked, when he first met Sebastian he had no idea that so much had happened to him. He genuinely just though he was a privileged jerk.

"How's Barry as well? Still saving people?"  Dante asked, he was enjoying talking to his brother, they hadn't done it in a little while.

"Yeah, he is, but I think he is getting frustrated over Sebastian," Cisco sighed, he felt bad for his friend, he had achieved what Barry was striving to do, get along with his brother.

"Why is that?" Dante scrunched up his nose, he didn't imagine Barry as the type to get easily frustrated.

"I think Sebastian just wants nothing to do with him, but Barry wants to become friends with him," Cisco tried to explain, although he wasn't too sure what was happening.

"Trust me, he wants to be close to Barry again too, he will come round," Dante assured his little brother.

"What? How do you know that?" Cisco narrowed his eyes, had they spoken about it whilst they were Assassins?

"Because I did," was his simple reply.