If We Don't Learn, We Are Doomed To Repeat

Sebastian stepped inside of the buzzing CCPD, all of the officers were whizzing around like bees. The soft noise and chatter made him relax. He kept his head low, he knew Barry would be lurking around here somewhere. He made his way slowly to the captains office, being careful to avoid the many people with bundles of paperwork towering high above him. He entered the quite serenity and darkness of the Captain's Office. The man himself was seated a his desk, typing away furiously at his keyboard, he glanced up at Sebastian when the door clicked closed quietly behind him. His face lit up with a smile, "Sebastian," his voice crackled, he gestured to the seat in front of his desk, which Sebastian happily took, "I am sorry to pull you in on such short notice, but I have a bit of a dilemma," the Captain explained, Sebastian nodded in approval, "you see we have quite a notorious crime lord in central city right now, by the name of Charles Clarington, and I now you have had dealings with him before, however he is quite notorious for attacking the lead detectives on his case, and I know you were also experienced in that. I was informed there was a mole on our team, so the only way to keep my detectives safe is to keep it a private investigation with an investigator who is not in our precinct. I was hoping you could help to take care of him?" The Captain asked, his voice was low and serious, he really did care about his detectives, which really lifted Sebastian's heart.

"That's not a problem Captain," Sebastian smiled, if it meant he could potentially save another persons life, then he might as well try.

The Captain's face split with a smile, "thank you Detective Smythe, I am so glad you are so reliable," Sebastian felt chuffed with that compliment, "our Forensic, who you've already met has the details of the case and all the evidence right now," Sebastian nodded and shook the Captains hand before leaving the room with mixed feelings, he was dreading seeing his brother with all his soul, but he also was really looking forwards to seeing him.

Sebastian entered Barry's lab with a confident stride and a fake smile plastered on his face, the Meta-Human specialist looked up at him and his eyes widened in shock and surprise, but he said nothing. Sebastian made his way over to Barry's desk, not saying a thing, "what can I- Sebastian?" Barry was cut off when he looked up and saw his brother staring down on him.

Sebastian didn't acknowledge him, "I believe you have a case for me?" He asked ignoring Barry's shocked look.

The forensic leant under his desk and pulled out a file from one of his filing cabinets, "there we go," he replied, Sebastian was just glad he wasn't being difficult. Sebastian took the file and with a swift turn of his heel he left the lab, to his relief, Barry didn't chase after him or say anything, he couldn't have asked for more.

"Sebastian was given the Charles Clarington case," Barry rushed into the cortex where Joe and Cisco were discussing the very same issue. 

"Wait... rewind," Cisco demanded as he sat down in his seat.

"I was told to give Sebastian a case after I filed my evidence into it and I quickly read through it, it was a case on Charles Clarrington," he spoke fanatically.

"Alright, so what, Sebastian is a trained professional," Joe assured him with an amused smirk, Barry was worried about Sebastian, it warmed his heart to know that they were finally getting along.

"Yeah... but..." Barry trailed off, he didn't really have a comeback, Sebastian was known for being a good detective, and the chances of him being in any real danger were slim to none. He was good at his job, Barry was sure he would be fine. He began to reassure himself in his head, his brother could handle himself.

The sound of his footsteps thundered in Sebastian's ears. The dark night sky bore down on top of him as he walked through central city at a quick pace. The street lamps flickered uncontrollably, illuminating the dirt and grime on the tall buildings surrounding him. The road was uneven and rocky underfoot, he didn't want to stay here for long. Up ahead of him, he could see a fairly large man sitting haunches over, his head in his hands. Sebastian drew in a sharp breath as he entered within the reaching zone of the stranger. He felt his shoulders tense, the pathway he was on was really narrow. He crossed the man without any issues, and just as he let out a breath of relief, he heard the man calling him, "oi, you there!" He called. Sebastian turned slowly to see the man walking towards him at a frightening pace. His heart dropped when he saw the man's face, it was Charles, Charles Clarington. The brother of the flash felt terror wrack his body, if the criminal knew he was working on his case, he might end up dead. Charles's eyes narrowed to slits and his face was warped with rage, "it's you," he spat.

"Me?" Sebastian kept his voice cold and sharp as he hid his fear, he had been in situations like this before, the worst thing he could do, would have been to loose his cool.

Charles's eyes set ablaze, before Sebastian knew what was happening, he was dodging a flying fist. The man continued to swing at him repeatedly, and all Sebastian could do was dodge, he was being pushed back. He had no idea how he was dodging, but he was. Sebastian felt himself slowing down as the punches inched closer to his face, closer than what he was comfortable with. He glanced around him, searching desperately for an escape rout as he dodged to the side once again. Adrenaline rushed through his body, he needed to run, "don't you dare run!" Charles roared.

Sebastian felt his whole body freeze, his eyes jolted in shock to the face of his attacker, he was smacked with déjavu. He could feel memories of sweat, pain, heat and exhaustion swirling through his brain. He remembered constant terror and fatigue. He remembered a cold stone floor and always being bested. He remembered the sickening feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness. He was so distracted and taken aback that he didn't manage to dodge Charles last fist, with connected violently, with an explosion of pain, to his jaw.