Fortunate, Unfortunate Meetings

Iris walked into Jitters, the weather outside was less than appeasable, it was bucketing with rain and she was soaked to the bone. The sweet smell of coffee however was raising her spirits. The soft buzz and light atmosphere of the cafe brought a smile to her face, there was no place quite like jitters. She checked her watch, it was ten in the morning. Iris was glad that today was a Saturday after the previous days events with Sebastian.

She began to walk towards the counter but she saw that Barry was sitting at a table close to the door with what she guessed were forensic reports spread out in front of him. She made her way towards him, he must have needed a pick-me-up to. "Hey Barry you okay?" She asked as she approached his table.

"Not Barry," he replied without looking up. Iris sighed, of course it was Sebastian, she was about to leave, but when she saw what was spread out in front of him she changed her mind, it was his reports of their interrogations.

"Oh, sorry Sebastian," she apologised.

"I thought that by now you would be able to tell the difference between us Iris, you and Barry are like siblings," he snorted.

Iris internally cringed, "we are partners actually," she told him with some sass.

He glanced up at her as a disgusted look crossed his face, "you're dating? But you grew up together that's like ince-" he was cut off when the real Barry entered Jitters.

He glanced around the coffee shop looking for Iris, and when he found her his expression darkened. Barry made his way towards the pair who had quite the contrasting expressions. Iris looked relieved and pleased to see him but Sebastian rolled his eyes and stared to write something on one of the papers in front of him. Iris walked to Barry with a cheeky smirk on her face, "what is it? Why were you talking to him," Barry growled.

Iris pulled him in for a hug and whispered into his ear, "the file that he has out is the one for Star Labs, can you take a photo?" Barry pulled away from her with a nasty smirk on his face. There was a gust of wind and before Iris knew it Barry was standing in front of her once more. No one else would have noticed he a disappeared, but Iris did. "To Star Labs?" She asked.

"To Star Labs," he replied.

Cisco and Caitlin stared at the screen in front of them as an awful feeling of dread began to engulf the room, "well shit," Barry huffed as he glanced at the screen.

Caitlin fell back onto her seat in disbelief, "he has enough evidence to convict you three times over," Joe stared at the screen with wide eyes.

"What are we going to do?" Iris asked, there was an evident desperation in her voice.

"I don't know, he is an Investigator so he will have already saved his files somewhere and taken recordings of your voices and he would probably just search the facilities again if lost his back ups," Joe scratched the back of his neck. They had screwed up big time.

"We could blackmail him," Jullian suggested half heartedly.

"With what?" Cisco hissed at the man, he was tired and stressed and he just wanted all of this to be an awful dream.

"I have never been able to blackmail the guy, I tried but I always failed, and it wouldn't work either way, I know nothing about him, aside from when we were kids and he knows I'm the Flash, he has one bigger on us," Barry told them, all of their faces fell, "look, I am going to go back to CCPD to see what I can find, you guys stay here and try to figure something out," with that he left the room.

Barry walked down a back ally that was a short cut to CCPD. Today he felt as though his world was collapsing around him, Sebastian was going to win once and for all. Sebastian even being near Barry made him miserable and now that he was winning Barry felt numb and hollow. Like everything he had worked for was about to crumble beneath him. He didn't want to run today, he just needed to time think. Before he knew what was happening, Barry felt himself be shoved to the ground. Barry quickly sat up, but he froze when he saw that there was a man in front of him with an orange hoody pulled over his head pointing a gun at him. This peaked Barry's interest, "Is there something wrong with you? Usually my assassination attempts on your life don't go as smoothly," he hissed.

"Assa- what? Trust me, it has gone far from smoothly for you, but I think you have to wrong guy," Barry told him.

"I don't, I'd recognise your face anywhere," he hissed.

"Sure, whatever," Barry huffed, loosing patience. The, man pulled the trigger, but by the time the bullet hit the ground he was lying knocked out on the floor. Barry took a photo of him and sighed as he retraced his steps back to Star Labs, but not after he was dropped of at the police station.

Barry watched as Cisco plugged his phone into his computer and started up the facial recognition software. Barry turned to the big screen as a the man he had fought's mug shot appeared on it. He had he had soft floppy brown hair and vibrant blue eyes. He looked to be roughly the same age as Barry, "Who is he?" Barry asked.

"He is named Finley Cooper," Cisco told them as he scrolled through his criminal record, Barry vaguely recognised the name.

"I've heard that name, I know him, I was briefly on his case, he's done some really awful things, he has had several accounts of arson, mainly on orphanages which killed hundreds of kids," Joe informed them. Cisco sat back in his chair as he felt his stomach lurch. This guy was evil.

"He's a monster," Caitlin gasped as she stared at the screen, "and a meta, though he went missing from his special prison a couple of months back, he had only been in prison for three months though, he was arrested in some club in the west side of central city named Punk It,"

"What? Really," Barry asked, "when I fought him he didn't use his powers,"

"Well his power is to basically immobilise people with pain, maybe you caught him off guard." Caitlin said as she read his case.

"Agony, that's it, that's the name," Cisco announced proudly, but the rest of the team just ignored him.

"Why was he after me though? He said that it was one of his more successful assassination attempts on my life," Barry told them.

"Well get this, the main Investigator on Agony's case was one Investigator Smythe," Cisco smiled proudly at his findings. Barry frowned, that meant that Sebastian had been in Central City after he had become the Flash. Barry didn't care of course, he was actually glad that Sebastian hadn't stopped by.

"Well Barry, it looks like you are going to have to go have a chat with your brother dearest," Joe sighed, he hated it when those boys fought, it hurt him. He had never known two siblings to hate each other's as much as they did.