Planning

Team Flash stood around the cortex as they discussed their plans of attack, "okay, so I have fixed the helmet so that when I press this button," Cisco held up a bright red button that said detonate on it, "it will send out a signal that will disable all helmets within a mile radius, which will hopefully be all of them," Cisco explained.

"Right so all we need to do is somehow get them all together in one place then?" Joe asked with a frown, that would be a difficult task. Even luring one out would be difficult, they had no idea why or when the Assassins struck.

"No, not necessarily," Cisco grinned, "because we have a man that can get into the base, where all of the Assassins are and detonate it," he felt like a mad genius figuring this one out, he could feel the buzz from his planning still vibrating through him.

"So you want me to arrange a meeting with Charles and then disarm him from all of his Assassins right in the centre of his base?" Barry asked. He liked the idea of the plan, it meant that no one else but him was in danger whilst he was dealing with the Assassins. He also liked that it meant no one had a chance of dying and everyone could be returned home safely.

"I think that's exactly his idea," Caitlin retorted. She had spent too much time with Cisco, she could almost always tell what he was going to say, but on the odd occasion that he took her by surprise, she always ended up laughing.

"Then let's hop to it," Barry grinned from ear to ear.

Barry fixed the tie around his neck as he entered the warehouse. He was greeted by the damp stench of cigarettes, Charles led him through the narrow hallways lined with clumps of wires, straight to the heart of his base. Barry felt excitement buzzing through his veins, and it must have shown because Charles wore a cocky grin, little did he know, Barry's excitement was not in his favour. The pair entered through another heavy and secure looking metal doorway. The next room they entered wasn't much different, it was basically a concrete and tin box with a few punch bags and bits of training equipment hanging from the ceiling. It seemed like all of the remaining Assassins were in there training and sparring with each other in eerie silence, their chests heaving from the extreme physical stress. They looked like they were moving in patterns with no pattern. It was entrancing to see the way their bodies worked in unison. Barry felt his excitement drain from himself as the irony stink of blood filled his nose, he recognised the deep maroon and brow stains splattered all over the floor as the source of the stench. He bit hard down on his tongue to prevent himself from gagging, he never was very good around the stuff. Charles chuckled darkly as his cigar wiggled loosely around in his mouth leaving long trails of greyish blue smoke, "can't handle the smell?" He asked sticking his nose into the air and inhaling largely, "guess it's a good thing I have no sense of smell," he took a puff of his cigar and wedged it in between his fingers which hovered by his face.

"Why did you do all of this?" Barry asked trying his hardest to hide his disgust. He could feel his stomach churning and his head was spinning. He was going to press the button, but he needed answers.

"Revenge," Charles mumbled, "when I was a boy I was poisoned by government so they could try to bend my parents to their will, but I was saved," he replied shortly, he didn't want to go into detail, it would just make him mad.

"So you are trying to destroy the government?" Barry asked. He was beginning to put two and two together, but he felt the need to hear it from Charles's mouth.

"No, I just want to collapse it so that I can insert operatives that I know and trust to run this damn country properly," Charles grunted and narrowed his eyes at one of the training men. To some extent Barry sympathised with the guy, but the way he went about recreating the country was too wrong.

"Did you train them yourself?" Barry pointed to the countless fighting bodies.

"Yup, in just a few years as well," he pondered to himself, had it really been that long? He felt pride swell inside of him for all he had created.

"Well, you've come quite far for just a few years," Barry smiled with confidence at the man who stared at him with pride, "but you've made a fatal flaw,"

Charles's face twisted with confusion and he dropped into a serious tone, "what? What is it?" If there was some kind of weakness in what he had created he needed to fix it before it was too late.

"You need to be careful about who you trust," Barty grinned triumphantly as he pulled out Cisco's button and pressed it with sass. Charles opened his mouth to say something, but out of the corner of his eye he could see his Assassins breaking away from their training, all of them looked so lost and confused. Slowly, one by one, their large metal helmets fell the the concrete floor with a loud thump, revealing bedraggled faces. The exassassins began to whisper amongst themselves, some moaned in pain whilst others were silenced with terror, they truly had no idea where they were Charles felt anger and rage course through his veins as he stared at the smug looking Barry Allen, he wanted to wring his neck. "You see what you set out to do was honourable, but the way you went about doing it caused death and just spread more pain than needed," Barry explained as his expression softened he couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him. After all, everything he had worked so hard for just crashed down to the ground around him,