Take A Deep Breath

Barry sat with Cisco and Caitlin in Jitters. The soft buzz of people and coffee machines made them all relax. The smell of coffee was intoxicatingly perfect, but they had other stuff to work on. They sat in the very corner, their faces serious, discussing many different things of importance. "You mean he jumped from the second floor of the CCPD down to the first?" Cisco scrunched up his nose in disbelief. He had seen the height of that balcony, there is no way he could have managed that after having been stabbed twice.

"Yes, my dad says that when he saw the officers getting shot, his whole face fell and he snapped out of his state of shock, it was as though he was focusing in on something, then bam, he was off," Barry explained. He wished that he hadn't let his father convince him into going home early, he should have been there, to protect his family and those poor officers.

"But he had been stabbed, twice, how could he have done that without injuring himself more?" Cisco queried, he wasn't sure about all of this, but Caitlin sat quietly, just listening, she slowly trying to figure out what was going on.

"He did, when I finally found him, he was completely covered in blood, he must have ripped his wounds or something, then he tried to walk away from me and ended up passing out," Barry explained, thinking back to the whole ordeal.

"It is possible to trick the brain into dampening physical pain, with the help of adrenaline," Caitlin interjected, "and as for the whole jumping an entire story, well I would think that would be something he learned whilst being an Assassin,"

"Didn't he forget everything though?" Cisco was still unsure of what to think, he needed more information.

"Well maybe, but not forever, I think he has retrograde amnesia, which means his memory will return to him in bits and pieces, this kind of amnesia is usually caused by head trauma, such as a contracting helmet," she insisted, everything was beginning to make sense to her now. "Also, he could be relying on muscle memory, which is when a certain procedure is remembered through repetitive action,"

"That sounds accurate," Barry mumbled, perhaps one day his brother would remember the whole ordeal with Findlay Cooper, but for now, Barry was going to try and keep him safe, because he had a nasty knack for getting himself in trouble.

Sebastian sat on the sofa in his apartment. He could hear his lovebird chirping happily in his room. He had just moved in a few days earlier, it was a decent apartment with a rustic kind of feeling. He had a secondment in Central City. So he was going to be there a while. He could feel the scratchy cotton bandages wrapped around his leg and shoulder, underneath his pyjamas. It was late, nearly three, but he couldn't quite bring himself to lie down in the darkness with his eyes closed. He could feel shivers running down his spine at the thought. He preferred to just fall asleep whilst watching TV. He huffed in annoyance as he flicked through channel after channel after channel, boredom gnawed on him. He could feel himself getting slightly peckish, so with reluctance he left the TV on the adverts and slowly limped over to his little kitchen. The kitchen was monochromatic and everything had its own little place, just like the rest of the apartment, pans hung in size order and his drawers were perfection. The only thing that looked out of place were the knives, they had brightly coloured handles and a red base, but that wasn't what set them apart, it was the fact that all of them were blunt, purposefully blunt, and shoved in the farthest corner away from Sebastian. He took a deep breath and entered the kitchen, the cold tile pressed against his feet. He opened the fridge and glanced in, all of the cartons and packets were either untouched or resealed, and they all rested on their size, from darkest to lightest labels. All of his bottles were in organised rows, not an inch out of place, they too had a colour scheme. Sebastian noticed that one of his yoghurts was slightly out of line, he was very carful to push it back into position. He glanced around his fridge once again, there was nothing he really wanted to eat. With a groan he closed the fridge and began to search through his well organised cabinets. He wasn't searching for long until he found exactly what he was looking for. Popcorn. With a lopsided smile he opened the packet and put it in his microwave. He disposed of the packets into his cardboard bin, he could deal with that later.

He winced as pain shot through his leg whilst he was sitting down. He looked at the screen, and much to his amusement it was a documentary about the glee club championships. He felt a smile cross his face as he recognised as few familiar names, Oral Intensity, The New Directions and of course the Warblers. He felt his heart droop a little, it had been a while since he had seen any of his high school friends. They probably didn't want to see him anyway, he was always kind of a dick. Especially then. He recalled that he had actually injured someone so badly that they needed surgery. He cringed, those weren't his best days. The microwave began to beep, his popcorn was finally ready.

Barry ran a hand through his mess of brown hair. He sat back in his chair, Henry glanced at him curiously, "what's wrong?" He asked. The cortex was empty aside from them. The eerie silence rang in their ears.

"Well, Charles got away again and I can't even get close to Sebastian, never mind try to talk to him," he huffed in frustration.

"Yes, Charles outsmarted you the first time he got away, but this time you weren't there, don't blame yourself," Henry assured his son. He was annoyed that he couldn't do much for team Flash, but he was good at what he could do, which was simply moral support. Team Flash cherished it more than Henry would ever know.

"Exactly, I wasn't there, I left early," Barry insisted, he felt guilt and disappointment in himself churn in his stomach. He knew he should have stayed, but he took the easy rout and left to go home.

"I asked you to," Henry replied calmly.

"I shouldn't have listened," Barry sighed.

"It's in the past now, don't fret over things you can't change," Henry smiled warmly, Barry felt a twitch of happiness in his heart. His fathers smile was so inviting that it made any bad situation better, "and as for Sebastian, just be patient,"

Barry glanced at Henry, he knew his father was just as frustrated as he was, but he was much better at controlling it, "I know, but I don't know how much longer I can keep on going for, he really likes to push my buttons,"

Henry understood what Barry was saying, Sebastian was certainly trying his best to push them away, but it wouldn't work forever, "well... maybe in order for you to get closer to him, you need to get him to trust you," Henry began to think, Sebastian was a lot like his mother in many aspects.

"How can I do that when he walks the other way every time I see him?" Barry emphasised that he knew Sebastian wanted nothing to do with them.

"Then tell him something that you haven't told many people at all, if you truly want to get closer to him, you need to let him know you trust him, that will earn his trust," Henry explained with a confident grin.