Evidence Galore

Barry sped into the cortex, anger was clinging to him like a soggy blanket. "Woah, what happened to you?" Joe asked as Barry ran a hand through his hair in frustration. Cisco and Caitlin looked up from their computers in concern, Barry wasn't the type of person to be easily angered.

"Sebastian happened," Barry grumbled as he slumped into a seat at the far end of the room. Caitlin and Cisco shared a look as Julian curiously entered the Cortex.

"What did he do this time?" Joe raised and eyebrow. Sebastian was really getting to be a pain in their side and Joe could understand why he was frustrating Barry, but he couldn't understand why Barry was so angry, he hadn't seen him like this since his father was wrongfully convicted. Sebastian hadn't killed Barry's mother or father, so why was Barry so aggressive towards him? Sebastian was just an ass hole, and Barry could usually cope with ass holes, so why was Sebastian any different?

"He was just being so difficult over every little thing and oh, my, gosh, he is even more of a perfectionist than Julian," Barry shoved his thumb towards Julian and rested his head in his hands. He felt anger build on his chest at just the thought of his blood relative.

"Well I mean he let you work with him so that's an improvement," Joe snorted, Sebastian even being remotely cooperative was a step in the right direction. Joe was there for Barry when he was young, and in many ways, he kind of abandoned Sebastian. Sebastian may have not wanted to be near his father, or be acknowledged as the son of a murderer but that didn't mean that he should have been put into the system. Joe never stopped regretting it.

"Wait, why were you working with Sebastian?" Cisco asked, he didn't think it was possible for the two twins to be in the same room as each other, never mind work together.

"Findlay Cooper broke out of CCPD and killed three cops, there was then another murder that we think was committed by him and Captain Singh asked for Sebastian's help because it is his case and he is in central city," Barry huffed. If he had to see Sebastian one more time, he was going to die.

"Oh my, ok, well how are we going to find him, what was at the crime scene?" Caitlin asked.

"The body was a mess, the top half was completely charred," Barry stood back up as he pulled out some samples from his pocket. If anyone could find useful information about the dead body, it was Caitlin Snow.

"The top half?" Cisco squeaked. He felt his gut churn, this Findlay dude was a monster, he even cut his victims in half.

"Yes, the legs of the victim were hacked off with an axe I think," Barry told them as Caitlin took the samples and studied the charred flesh. She would have mistaken them for pieces of bark if she didn't know any better.

"Why in the hell would Findlay do something like that?" Julian scrunched up his nose in distaste. He would never admit that he was squeamish to anyone, but sometimes he couldn't hold his disgust in.

"I don't know, Sebastian's said that he wouldn't have done something like that unless he was aggravated," Barry told them as he quickly went over what he and Sebastian had discussed about the body, "he also said that it was strange that the legs were twenty meters from the body without a trail of blood," Barry added.

Cisco gagged loudly, "too much information dude," Caitlin stood up and walked quickly into her lab, she had work to do and she wasn't one for wasting time.

"I am going to head back to the station," Joe announced, he had a day job that beckoned him. On his desk was a pile of papers that nearly reached head hight. Joe dreaded even beginning the pile because he knew that it was going to take him a long time.

Cisco and Jullian shared a look with each other as they watched Barry fall back down onto his seat, "Barry, can we talk to you real quick?" Cisco motioned to Julian and himself.

Barry looked up at them in concern, had something happened that he didn't know about? Were they sick? Was Caitlin ok? "Of course," he replied as he watched them pull chairs over from behind the desk to in front of him, before sitting on them theirselves. It was creeping Barry out how both of their faces were solemn and stone cold.

"Well Allen, all three of us in this room have lost a family member who was close to us," Jillian began. Barry already didn't like were this was going. He wanted to forget the grief that haunted him because of his parents deaths.

"You lost your parents, which is awful, but Julian and I, we lost our siblings and in my case, I didn't know what I had until it was gone," Cisco told Barry, he voice was so soft and fragile. Barry knew he needed to be gentle with this topic.

"What are you trying to say?" Barry asked, he had a few good guesses but he hoped they weren't going to asked him what he thought they were.

"We think that maybe you should try and fix whatever happened between you and your brother, I would give anything to be with my sister one last time, and even though Cisco always argued with Dante, he would do anything to just have him by his side one last time," Julian explained, his features were soft as he thought about his best friend, who just so happened to be his sibling. Barry gritted his teeth and willed himself not to say something he would regret, "look all we are trying to say is, you have what we will never again, a sibling," Julian tried to reason with Barry.

"Sebastian is not my brother, he is different from Dante, yes we argue, but the difference is that he doesn't hate me because he is jealous, he hates me because he hated my dad for what he thought he did to my mum," Barry hissed at them, he was at his breaking point.

"What did Sebastian think of your mother though?" Cisco asked, he was trying to find some common ground between the two boys, something that they could maybe agree on.

Barry froze, at first he was going to lash out, but then he did a double take, he had no idea what Sebastian thought of their mother, maybe he missed her just as much as Barry had? No, that wasn't possible, Sebastian was a heartless pig who loved to make others feel miserable, "who am I to know, and frankly I don't care,"

"Barry!" Joe burst into the room, he was flustered and breathing hard, he must have ran back here, Barry rose to meet him, gladly leaving behind the conversation he was having with two of the members of team Flash, "the court date has been set," he announced.

The rest of team Flash was congregated in the cortex, everyone was here, Wally, Iris, Cisco, Jillian, Caitlin. Everyone. However, the room was in a state of panic as they were speaking in rushed tones at the same time, they were one court date away from a disaster. Barry groaned and rubbed his head, there was too much going on at once, too many people were talking. "Shut up!" Iris yelled. Everyone went silent, Barry inwardly smiled at how amazing she was. She motioned for him to talk.

"Alright everyone, tomorrow is the day of the trial and we have all ready seen that Sebastian has enough evidence to lock us up for a long time," Barry huffed, "and we have no way of avoiding it,"

"What? Can't you reason with him, he knows you're the Flash," Wally pleaded with the group.

"No, Sebastian lives to see Barry crumble, who he is and what he is doing has no meaning to that dick," Iris hissed as she calmed herself, she had always hated Sebastian, he was a prick that only cared about hurting others.

"Accurate," Barry nodded his head in approval.

"So that's it? We are screwed?" Jullian asked, he was sure there was something these boys could do.

"I'm sorry, but I think we might have to accept this one, we will figure it out after the trial," Barry told them, his shoulders slumped in defeat. Sebastian had won, once and for all.