Reconciliation

Sebastian gently pushed open the hospital door. The familiar sound of heart monitors beeping filled his ears as he stepped into the quite room, closing the door behind him before turning to survey it. He felt his heart drop, a strong man that he had looked up to for all his life lay, with all sorts of machines and devices connected to him keeping him alive. Henry was asleep, his chest was ruggedly rising up and down, struggling for every breath. Sebastian sat in the seat next to Henry. He was struggling to bring himself to wake up his father and confront him. He took in a deep breath and worked up courage. He gently shook Henry's shoulder. The man's eyes blinked awake as he looked around the room, his eyes resting on his son, "Sebastian," his voice was soft, he could practically see the sorrow and guilt in the twin's heart.

"I am so sorry," Sebastian's voice quivered and shook, he stared Henry directly in the eyes. He could feel emotions swirling under the surface, he was trying his best to keep them hidden though.

"Don't be, I asked you to," Henry felt sadness creep into his emotions because of how miserable and destroyed his son looked.

"Not just about that," Sebastian felt himself begin to babble, "about everything, for turning my back on you and helping you get locked in prison," his voice cracked as tears sprung to his eyes.

Henry could see that he was no longer talking to the cold and hard Sebastian he had come to know, but the small eleven year old boy that had just lost him mother and sacrificed himself for his brother's sake, "you did what you though was necessary, you protected Barry, and I will always be grateful for that," Henry told him with pride glistening in his eyes.

"Really?" Sebastian asked, he had expected Henry to be hurt.

"Yes really, I promise you that I never once, not even when your mother died, stopped loving you," Henry told his son as grabbed Sebastian's right hand for support, "you will always be my little boy, no matter what you do or who you hurt, there is a place for you in my heart," Henry smiled truthfully.

Sebastian could feel warm tears sliding down his face, "thank you, but I never stopped loving you or mum either," he admitted, "it haunts me still how I could have hurt you so badly, never mind end your life,"

Henry felt himself fill with ecstasy and joy, "thank you," he told him, "I spent so long thinking that you truly hated me, that you telling me that you never stopped loving me has made my dying so much easier," He explained to Sebastian, who was partially inconsolable. He patted his chest softly, Sebastian got up and hugged him without any hesitation, "son, I will never stop loving you, I promise I will protect and watch over you for as long as I can and more,"

"I love you too dad," Sebastian murmured into his father's chest. He felt peace calm him and steady his breath. He was forgiven and loved, he never though he would see the day.

Sebastian sat back into his chair as Henry's loving eyes watched him, he had finally hugged his son after more than a decade. The younger man rested his elbows on the bed and stared back at his father with guilt still niggling away at him. "I wish you mother could have seen you," Henry smiled happily, "she would have been so proud and so happy that her baby boy came back to her, as she would say," he sighed as he ruffled Sebastian's hair with his hand, he had waited so long to do that, it was a shame he had to be dying for it to happen, "I am so proud too, I just wish I could have been there for more of it," he whispered.

Joe entered Henry's room with a solemn face. He felt his gut twisting at the idea of not only loosing a friend, but how distraught Barry would be by it. He made his way to the end of his dying friends bed. The twins were on either side of their father, they were mirror images of each other. They both were asleep, face down with their head in their arms, leaning over Henry's bed. Despite the circumstances, the man looked so content and happy, his hands rested on both of his sleeping children's hair. Joe felt a smile grace his face, they looked so peaceful, "Joe, I am so happy to see you," Henry beamed at the detective. His face was deathly pale and his lip were tinged purple. He didn't have long left.

"I am happy to see you to," he smiled, they talked in hushed tones so that they wouldn't awaken the sleeping boys.

"Joe, I just wanted to say thank you, thank you for looking after Barry so well, you did a brilliant job with him," Henry smiled down at his children before looking back at his old friend.

Despite the grief that clung to him, Joe felt warmth fill his heart, "thank you," he barely whispered, "but I should have been there for Sebastian as well, then maybe he wouldn't have suffered as much as he did," Joe told him as regret dripped from his words.

"No, you did what you could," Henry shook his head softly, "that's all I could have asked for, and anyway, they both turned out fine, didn't they?"

"Yes, they both turned out to be just fine," Joe chuckled, "I am going to miss you," he murdered as grief filled him,

"I will miss you too," Henry replied honestly with a twinge of sadness. The thought of dying again and leaving behind everyone sickened him, but this time he had accomplished so much, and now Barry had Sebastian to lean on. Henry was glad he got to see Sebastian again, it nearly destroyed him when he couldn't find him after he got out of prison, but that was in the past.