Closer

Barry stared at the crime scene, he felt his heart droop a the seven little bodies that were laid out next to each other. The officers had cleared out because it was very late in the day and past their working hours. Barry had spent the last five hours working on this crime scene. The only one left was Sebastian. Barry hadn't said a word to him and he was glad that Sebastian hadn't tried to aggravate him either. Barry was finished now so he did one last over view. The building was small and apparently old fashioned. He wouldn't have known because it was in ashes, the only thing that remained was the stone fireplace and the patio, the rest had either melted or crumbled. The bodies were in bright blue body bags and two men were walking up the hill that lead to the orphanage to collect them. The orphanage itself was situated at the top of a hill on the outskirts of central city. Behind it was a massive field that Barry could only imagine the kids running around together and playing in the sun.

"Barfy, watch out! It's Zoom!" Sebastian was pointing desperately behind Barry, who ducked down immediately. Barry turned around to see what the issue was, but there was nothing in sight. Barry immediately felt anger build up on his chest as rose to stand toe to toe with Sebastian who was laughing his head off, "your face!" He cackled.

"What the hell is your problem," Barry snapped. He was through with Sebastian, how could he be a criminal one minute and play childish tricks on people the next?

"My problem is you Barry," he chuckled as he wiped a tear from his eye.

"Why? What have I ever done to you?" Barry growled.

"Well, you are the son of Henry Allen, a murderer," Sebastian said in a very flat voice, he looked clearly amused though.

"HE WAS NOT A MURDERER!" Barry shouted, his father was one of the most righteous and forgiving people he ever known and he would be damned if he let Sebastian talk about their father like that.

"So you've said, but he murdered Nora Allen," Sebastian grinned darkly, taking much pleasure out of Barry's fury.

"By turning your back on me and dad, you also turned your back on her," Barry cried, he was getting to the point that tears of anger were forming in his eyes, he was breathing hard and clenching his fist so that he wouldn't punch Sebastian square in the face.

"Well, she deserved what she got, she married a murderer, she was too passive and easily led, she was like a sheep that could be herded away with minimum effort, and worse she even had a kid with the man who stabbed her through her heart," Sebastian snarled.

Barry couldn't believe what he was hearing, he couldn't believe how awful Sebastian was, he couldn't understand him, it just made him so much angrier, he felt his fist connecting with Sebastian's stomach before he realised what he had done, but he didn't regret it. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" Barry yelled, "NORA ALLEN WAS AN AMAZING WOMAN, AND YOU ARE JUST A PATHETIC BULLY, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU SO MUCH, I WANT YOU TO DIE, YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON ON THIS EARTH THAT I WANT TO DIE, ARE YOU PROUD!" Barry screamed. He was well past his breaking point.

Sebastian was doubled over in pain, but he managed to right himself and look Barry straight in the eye with amusement, "quite a punch you got there, and yes, it brings me so much joy that I am the only person you want to kill right now," he replied with no emotion. Barry wanted nothing more than for him to be hurt by his words.

"Why? I wish so much that you would just disappear or get into a car accident or get crushed by a building, anything that would kill you would make my day," Barry snarled before turning around and straight into Joe. Joe was looking at Barry, his expression was unreadable but there was a dark look in his eye. He shook his head at both of the twins.

"You boys are brothers, you were made to be each other's best friend, not made to want each other dead," he was obviously both annoyed and upset at them.

"Yes well, we weren't made to abandon each other either," Barry pushed past Joe and descended the hill.

Joe turned to Sebastian with a sad look in his eyes, "why do you annoy him so much? What happened to that sweet little boy I used to know?"

Sebastian turned his gaze guiltily to the floor, "he is long gone Joe, long gone,"

Barry rushed into his and Irises apartment in a rush of fury. Iris jumped as the door slammed behind him. She was quick to be by his side, "what happened? Are you ok?" She asked.

Barry collapsed onto their couch and buried his head in his hands, "I hate him so much," he grumbled.

Iris sighed as she sunk into the seat next to him, "what did he do this time?" She asked, she didn't hate Sebastian nearly as much as Barry did, but she was getting there.

"He said that my mothers death was her own fault, that she was a sheep and easily lead," Barry told her as he looked at her with distraught eyes. Iris pulled him into a hug.

"Why do you let him get to you?" She asked as she nuzzled into his side.

"I don't know it's just... you know," he was beginning to relax back into the chair and his anger had subsided, he pulled Iris into his chest and sighed heavily, "I don't know if you remember, but when we were young, we were best friends," Barry admitted.

"Oh yes, I remember all the mischief you got up to," Iris chuckled, Barry could feel her vibrating against him.

"Yeah, well, I miss him, that him, my friend, the one that I used to love and loved me back, I miss the boy that would guard my back as fiercely as I would for him," Barry told her, he felt emotion bubbling up inside of him, "I miss my brother Iris, I miss his genuine laugh and I miss how much he loved our parents, I want him back Iris, and when he acts like a jerk I just.... I can't cope because it reminds me that my brother is long gone,"

"Maybe one day you will be able to make up, but for now, just try to stop being so annoyed at him all the time," she hummed.

Barry chuckled and cuddled her closer, "I know, I promise I will try,"