Chains and Chairs

A/N - Heya, so, this book is coming to an end soon, so I want to start working on something else as well, (which is why updates have slowed down, sorry hehe 😅) anyway, I kinda really want to do a book like this again, except with a spin on it, but much the same characters and much the same premises, but a lot shorter. (55 chapters 😵) After that then maybe I will work on a longer story. I will leave this up till my updates are more regular.

Sebastian woke with a killer head ache. He groaned as pain vibrated through his body. He slowly opened his eyes which were determined to stay shut. All he could hear was the sound of his own heart beat. He surveyed his surroundings. He was in a small room with a polished wooden floor and white walls. A bright light was hanging above his head, swaying softly. He figured out that he was tied to a chair. He could feel the scratchy rope against his wrists. A large metal door, which was evenly painted white was locked into its door frame. How did he keep getting into these situations? It was beginning to become an issue. He struggled, but he was tied down well with good rope. He threw his head back and sighed. He wasn't sure what was going to happen to him, but if it was anything like the last time Charles had him tied to a chair then he was going to have a breakdown. He could feel panic rising on his chest, but it was quickly extinguished by his confident focus. He sighed and took deep breaths. He needed a plan of action.

The metal door swung open, revealing a very smug and chuffed Charles. He entered the room with confident strides and a massive grin. Trailing behind him was the tall and scruffy looking guy. Sebastian felt his heart clench as he braced himself. He didn't want to know what Charles had planned, "Sebastian," he grinned, "you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you all tied up and incapacitated, I can finally get revenge for the last time," he grinned to himself. Sebastian didn't say anything, his eyes just flicked from the skinny tall man to Charles, "you see I have a bit a a problem now," he began to explain, "I have a hooded vigilante by the name of Arrow hunting me now, and I really don't like that," he tutted to himself, "so you are going to tell me who he is so I can murder him in his sleep," he smiled threateningly as the third man just grinned behind him.

"No," Sebastian gritted his teeth. He could feel himself entering his focused state. There was no way he was going to be responsible for Olivers death. That would have drowned him with guilt.

"Are you sure I can't persuade you?" Charles asked as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a very familiar and shiny, sharp knife. Sebastian felt the blood drain from his face. He could feel dread an terror creep into his heart. He would do anything to escape Charles in that moment, except what Charles wanted him to do. He would never sell out a friend for his own selfish reasons. Again.

"Hurt me all you want, I won't cave," Sebastian felt a falsely strong voice come from his throat, but he had no recollection of making it. He internally scolded himself for saying something so stupid. He was practically asking to get tortured.

"I know you won't," Charles laughed, "I trained you after all," he gloated proudly, "but I am not so sure if you can handle me hurting someone else that you care about very dearly," Sebastian's heart visibly dropped to his feet, much to Charles's amusement. "Bring him in," the criminal snapped as the tall and lanky man. Sebastian watched in horror as the Flash robotically entered the room.

Oliver lowered himself gently into the small basement he had been in a few hours earlier. He could see that all of the knocked out people and guards had been moved. Not a soul was in sight. Everything was completely pitch black, which prompted Oliver to turn on his flashlight. The sun was rising soon, which meant he didn't have much time. He thoroughly combed the room, searching every inch of it for clues to where Barry was. He felt anger and guilt belittle him. He felt like Barry was his responsibility and that he had failed him.

The basement was just as it had been before Oliver was made to hunt down Felicity. Not a thing was different. Several papers were scattered across the table. The vigilante began to read and look at each of them individually. Everything was silent. The only sound was that of his own breathing. Olivers toes and fingers were frozen with cold, but that was a sensation he was long since used to. He discovered a trend. All of the papers mentioned a house in the east end of Starling City. Oliver knew the one, he had been keeping an eye on it for a while since he suspected it to be a criminal hideout. The house was decently sized, which made sense because he was willing to bet that Charles Clarington owned it.

Sebastian watched in shock and horror as Barry raised the gun to his own head. He stared forwards, his face was expressionless. Charles on the other hand was grinning like a child on Christmas Day. Sebastian could here himself begging Charles to stop, begging the tall guy to stop. Yet it was all so surreal. He couldn't loose Barry as well. It was too late, Charles began to count down from three. Sebastian squeezed his eyes shut as terror and concern wracked his body. However, Charles never reached three.

Sebastian opened his eyes, only to find himself covered by a smoke screen. The unmistakable sound of fighting filled his ears, he looked around in a dazed panic. He struggled against his bindings, but he was firmly secured to the chair. He tried to find Barry, but he was unsuccessful. He called out, but his voice was drowned by grunting men and firing bullets. He felt two fingers press onto his neck, the next thing he knew he had passed out and was completely unaware of his surroundings.