the coronation

"You alright?"

"Yeah." Hailey nodded, confirming that she was okay. Her boyfriend sent her a look that told her he knew she was lying. The red head sighed. "It's just- I feel like things are gonna go downhill from here."

"We'll be okay Hails, I promise." Carlos grabbed her hand and gently squeezed it, trying to reassure her. Hailey nodded once more before smoothing out her long red dress and walking up to the large building with her friends by her side. Carlos glanced down at her dress with a smile. "Have I told you how beautiful you looked yet?"

"Plenty of times." Hailey reminded him with a smile. She stopped beside Evie and looked over to Mal and Ben who were walking up to meet Ben's parents and the Fairy God Mother. "But I'm pretty sure one more time wouldn't hurt."

Carlos chuckled and wrapped his arm closer around the red headed beauty. She smiled at the sight of her close friend and her new friend together.

Everyone walked inside the building they were using for the coronation and took their places. Hailey, Evie, Carlos, and Jay made their way onto the balcony. They had the perfect view of everything that was happening. The choir began to sing and the huge doors opened, revealing Ben in all his newly found king glory. He began to walk down the long walkway to get to the small set of stairs that lead to the fairy god mother and his parents.

Fairy god mother shared a hug with Belle, curtsied to the once beast and removed his crown. She turned around to Ben, who was kneeling on the floor. He looked down as she placed the golden crown atop his head. When she finished,  he looked up and smiled at her as his father removed the glass case that withheld the magic wand. Hailey's breathing became ragged at the sight of it. The four of them glanced at Mal, who was looking at them for a sign of comfort. Hailey nodded at the purple haired girl. It was now or never. 

FGM took the wand from her old king and held it it in her hands like it would shatter at any given moment. "Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of Araudon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?"

"I do solemnly swear." Ben informed her. He looked proud to become the new King of Araudon, but anyone could tell he was nervous. Who wouldn't be? 

"Then it is my honor-" She tapped him on his right shoulder before doing the same to his left, "-and my joy to bless our new king-"

A hand reached out and grabbed the wand from FGM, shocking the entire crowd. Hailey gasped as she watched the girl move around as the wand shot out sparks. A bolt of lightning shot from the wand, and Hailey knew their mission was complete, but it wasn't Mal that done it.

It was Jane. 

She took the wand from her mother before Mal could even get the chance too. FGM stared at her as if she just cursed her first born. "Child, what are you doing?"