the rescue plan

“We can’t just give her the wand

“We can’t just give her the wand. That’s like giving a rabid dog a bone!”

“If Uma doesn’t get the wand then Ben is toast.” Carlos reminded her. Mal had been back for about ten minutes. She had explained that Uma had challenged her to an arm wrestle, declaring that if she were to win Mal had to bring her fairy godmother’s magic wand. And unfortunately Mal wasn’t the victor.

“So we’re gonna give Uma of all people the wand?” Evie snapped. There was no way they could hand the wand over to her. That would  basically be them signing their death wish.

“Wait, you guys!” Mal interrupted their arguing. She pointed over to Carlos. “You’re 3D printer!”

“A phony wand!” Carlos caught on easily. He threw his hands up in the air as a way of agreeing with her. “In my sleep.”

“And the second Uma tests is she’ll know it’s fake.” Evie retaliated. Hailey sighed from her spot on the couch beside Jay. Things were just getting worse for them by the minute.

“Okay, then we just get Ben out really fast. We need a diversion.”

“Smoke bombs!” Jay spoke up, catching Hailey’s attention. She sat up straighter. A smile found its way to her lips.

“I know just the right freaky scientist to help us with that.” She told them before standing up, grabbing her jacket before walking towards the door. “I’ll meet you guys at Pirates Bay around noon!"

She didn’t wait for a reaction before walking down the stairs. It felt like it been so long since she had last seen her young friend and she was excited to see her once more.

She made her way to the middle of the Isle, careful not to run into anyone that would give her any trouble. She smiled up at the sign that read ‘ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK’.

Pushing the door open, she heard a small explosion being set off in the main room. She strolled into the room, her smile widening at the sight of her dark haired friend taking her goggles off. The room looked the same since the last time she was here. Scuff marks scattered the walls and she had tools and various assortments of scientifical equipment littered around the room.

“Blowing stuff up as usual I see.” She announced her arrival, catching the young girls attention. Yasmine called her named before rushing over to hug her tight.

She pulled away with a grin. “What on earth are you doing back here?”

“It’s a very long and tiring story.” Hailey explained with a groan. She wanted nothing more than for their journey to be over so she could take the worlds longest nap. “Short story is Uma has Mal’s boyfriend and we need an escape plan. Do you know how to make smoke bombs? “

Hailey had met Yasmine years ago when she was only ten. She had accidentally blew something up, setting part of a building on fire. Hailey always did enjoy watching something explode, so the two girls quickly became friends.

Her mother's Yzma, the mad lady that was always trying to kill Kuzco. She took after her mother when it came to inventing things, but her mother never saw her as good enough. Hailey thought otherwise. She believed the young girl to be a genius.

“I’m insulted that you even had to ask!” Yasmine exclaimed before leading her friend over to a set of files. She pulled out one that was labeled smoke bombs is green ink. “Any color preferences?”

“Doesn’t really matter as long as it covers us.” Hailey told her. Yasmine nodded before grabbing several ingredients. She began to mix the chemicals together before putting them in little plastic sacks that she dug up from a drawer. “So hows the work coming along?”

“Nobody really buys my inventions anymore.” She told her sadly, but she never faltered in pouring the chemicals into a vile. Hailey nodded softly as she walked around the room, taking in everything. Yasmine sold her inventions for a living. Her mother didn’t really do much to help out, so she was stuck on her own pretty much. “But I did fix the plans for the light rod.”

Just as she was finishing up the smoke bombs, a loud voice echoed through the building. “Yasmine! Bring me my dinner!”

The young girl sighed before helping Hailey stuff the smoke bombs into her black backpack. "Okay, so you just throw them really hard on the ground and they'll work perfectly."

The red head smiled before hugging the girl one more time. “It was good to see you again Lettie.”

It wasn’t until she watched the girl trudge up the steps did she realize that just because they made it off the isle, doesn’t mean that everything was okay. There were still innocent kids being punished for their parents mistakes, and it wasn’t fair to them. Hailey wished for nothing more than to bring Yasmine back with her, but she knew against it. Maybe she could talk Ben into giving her a chance. He did change them for the better, and it could do that then he could change anyone.

-

Descendents 3 was a great movie. It made me very emotional seeing Cams face knowing he wasn't here to enjoy it with all of us, and that he will no longer get to share his talent with anymore.

It was the perfect ending to an era.

-devoid