Chillin' like a villain

“Yeah, that should do it

“Yeah, that should do it.”

Hailey glanced over the oh so obvious limo under the tarps that they put over it. It wasn’t the best disguise but it would have to do for now. Hailey glanced around the dark place, an uneasy feeling settling in her stomach. She did not like being back.

“Whats in there?” Ben asked, pointing over to the dark tunnel that led to the docks. Jay and Evie walked over to him, pulling him away from it.

“You don’t wanna know.” Jay informed him. Hailey waltzed over to her friends, making sure Ben was paying attention.

Carlos held his hands out to get everyone’s attention. “We need to keep it chill, alright? The last thing we need is our parents figuring out we’re here.”

He was right. Everything would go very wrong if their parents got words of their arrival to the isle. It was bad enough they had to deal with the people there, adding their parents to the mix would just make them all miserable.

Carlos took the lead, walking them through the downtown area of the Isle. It was where all the homeless ones lived, which meant they were in thief territory.

As Evie walked in, a child bumped into her. She grabbed his arm before turning around, grabbing a little girls arm. They were attempting to pit pocket her, and they weren’t doing so good. Evie looked at their dirty faces, her heart breaking at the sight of them. "Just take it.”

They were once like that. They had to do whatever it took to make sure they would live to see another day. Hailey wasn't proud of it, but it's not like she had a choice.

Hailey’s eyes moved around in every direction, never once landing on the king. She sighed, rubbing her hand down her face. “Ben’s gone.”

Her three friends looked in her direction, each of them trying to locate the boy, but coming up short. Evie mumbled something before going down an alley. They could only hope it would be the right one.

Luckily for them, it lead them straight to him, and just in time. One of the local thugs was squaring up to him, his knife at the ready. Hailey and Evie rushed forward, grabbing the king by his arm while the boys tended to the thug.

“Hey, dingus. You’re not in Araudon anymore. There are certain rules you have to follow if you want to get out of here in one piece.” Hailey told him with a glare. If he wasn’t more careful, he was going to get them caught. The people here would have a field day if they knew the king of Araudon was on the isle, along with the four traitors.

“Keep your hands in your pockets unless you’re stealing.”

“You either slouch or you strut.”

“And you never, ever smile.”

“Okay. Thank-“

“And you don’t thank people.” Hailey cut him off quickly. She sent a hand on his shoulder. “You need to chill.”