Vodka & Felonies

Chapter 38 –Claire's POV– Vodka & Felonies

Claire let her head lean back again, relaxing with her eyes closed. A small smiled played on her lips as she enjoyed the rest of the drive, occasionally taking sips from their shared vodka bottle. Myrnin's hand never left her leg. Flickers of electricity trickled down her spine, whenever he moved his fingers to stroke her thigh or tightened his grip.

She looked up as the Jeep slowed and came to a stop. They were in a small clearing with tall grasses. The trees swayed gently in the night air.

"We're here," he told her, regretfully removing his hand from her leg and got out.

Claire snatched the vodka bottle and jumped out of the car, eager to begin their testing. She swayed slightly when her feet hit the ground and caught herself with her free hand, to regain her balance. She saw Myrnin try to hide a smile at her inebriated reaction.

"Shut up," she told him.

He laughed as he unbuttoned his shirt and let it slip off, tossing it in the back seat. "Let me just set up the equipment, so that it is recording properly, and then we can go locate the lake."

Claire gripped the car mirror to steady herself again as her eyes roamed over the chiseled planes of his chest.

He noticed her silence and looked up at her. He smirked at her expression. "Do you like what you see...?" he purred smoothly.

Claire felt the muscles of her pelvic floor jump.

His eyebrow twitched in recognition.

"You know I do...," Claire murmured, trying to keep the tremor of anticipation out of her voice.

"Hmmm...maybe you need to slow down on the vodka..." he took a small step toward her, reaching for the bottle.

Claire spun out of his reach, shocked as hell that she didn't land on her butt, given her current lack of balance. "No," she told him sternly, a small pout on her lips as she tightened her grip on the bottle.

"Okay," he spoke softly, a smile playing along his lips, "but don't say I didn't warn you."

Claire lifted her chin and climbed back into the car. They headed back through the woods, supposedly toward a small hidden body of water. "How do you know we are going in the right direction?" she inquired.

"I can smell the water. I am just hoping I can get this 'monstrosity of a vehicle', through whatever terrain that crosses our path.

"Uh huh." Claire reclined her head back, letting her eyes drift shut again. "Does that mean you will need both hands to drive?" she murmured.

Myrnin's breath caught, "Most definitely not." He reached his hand to slide it along her leg again, before letting it rest high on her thigh.

Goosebumps revealed themselves along the path of his touch. Claire shivered and then sighed contentedly.

The Jeep bumped and tilted as it crested a few more hills, before smoothing out on what appeared to be a road.

"Oh...," Myrnin murmured.

Claire looked up. She didn't see anything but the glare of the headlights against the night sky. "What is it? She asked nervously.

He rubbed her leg gently in reassurance, "It's okay. It's just a building."

"Out here?" Claire whispered, not calming down as they potentially approached strangers. She could see the outline of a small cabin now. There were no lights on. She reached to hold his hand tightly.