Her Turn

Chapter 42 –Claire's POV– Her Turn

Claire stood in the middle of a tightly packed hip-clothing store that Eve had recommended. She smiled as she recalled her call with Eve this morning.

"Holy shit!" Eve exclaimed. "Details...and don't you dare leave anything out," she had demanded.

Claire laughed, "Okay, but I have to do some shopping first and then I will swing by Common Grounds."

"I'm sorry, but did you just say, 'you were going shopping?!'"

"Yes...and I need some ideas...if you know what I mean."

"Well, I am not sure if your fashion sense is going to automatically improve just because of one good lay..."

"Fantastic lay..." Claire corrected her, giggling.

"...Fantastic lay, then...but I'll give you a gold star for effort."

"So, where do I go?"

Eve had given her the name of three shops with eclectic and unusual clothing. Claire absentmindedly slid skirts along the rack at the last shop. Eve had been right about the stores, and Claire was surprised by some of her own choices – garments and styles she had been immediately attracted to – way more aggressive and bold than she had before.

She felt like Myrnin somehow did that for her. She was so tired of hurting. She had suffered at such an intense level of pain for so long, that she truly hadn't thought she would survive. She forgot what it felt like to live. Myrnin was bursting with life, and Claire felt intoxicated by the very presence of him.

She glanced down at her phone. "Shit," she swore softly under her breath when she realized she had promised Eve she would be there in fifteen minutes. Claire left the store empty-handed; she wasn't really bothered by that, as she already had several bags in the car.

They pulled up to Common Grounds and Claire tumbled out of the car; excited to show Eve. She put her phone gently between her teeth, so she could free up her hands. Even still, she had to shuffle the bags a bit to bring them all in in one trip.

"Bitch!"

Claire smiled. From anyone else that might have been offensive, however for Eve, it was a term of endearment.

Eve's eyes widened when she saw the volume Claire was carrying. She reached out to grab Claire's phone from her mouth and set it on the bar, while Claire sank onto one of the bar stools and gratefully dropped the burden of bags she had been holding.

Eve walked around the bar, so she could inspect her purchases. "Wow." Eve pulled out a short, tight dress in shocking red. "Forget 'fantastic lay'...it must have been a mind-blowing lay, to make this kind of a difference in you."

Claire glowed at Eve's words and her appreciation of her new shirts, skirts and shoes.

When Eve was done browsing through the items and making repeated comments about a 'mind-blowing lay' under her breath, she gave Claire a big hug. "I am so glad to see this," she whispered, tears of sincerity glistened in her eyes.

Claire hugged her back tightly before gathering up the bags in both hands, to deposit them back into the car.

Eve shook her head grinning, "I still can't believe you went shopping. You must really be crazy about him..."

Claire blushed lightly, remembering the events of the night before. "Let me go put these in the car and I'll be right back. Then we can drink and, of course, talk to your heart's content." Claire headed toward the door, when she heard her cell phone ping a text notification. She called back to Eve, "That's gotta be Myrnin. He's supposed to text me what time he will be home for our dinner date. Can you grab it and tell me what is says? I want to let the driver know when to pick me up."