Chapter Fifty-Two - Honeymoon

I'm sorry about the delay. I got behind on my writing. Thank you my wonderful readers for being patient. Happy Mothers Day.

Thank you Depecher and BarbaraK2U for your amazing work.

Tobias' POV

I look down at Tris, admiring her sleeping form curled into my side.  She fell asleep shortly after we hit the main road, making it easier for me to not rush toward the beach house that Amar had given me the directions to this afternoon.  I'm tempted to just stay where I am, but I would rather get her into a comfortable bed so that if her nightmares strike, it will be easier to comfort her.  I slowly move my arms around her, intending to carry her inside so she can continue to sleep.  Thinking about everything that went on today, I admit that it has been an incredibly long day.

Tris' eyes shoot open in a slight panic, but then she smiles up at me and relaxes when she recognizes who I am.  "You didn't think you were getting out of our wedding night, did you?" she asks in a low, raspy voice.

She stretches, her back arching across my legs, and I swear that with the way her body presses against mine, I could make love to her right here.  I smile and pull her up so she's sitting on my lap, and begin placing feather-light kisses along her neck, working my way to my favorite spot.  She moans, wrapping her arms around me, and I smile against her smooth skin.  "I've been looking forward to tonight for a while, Tris.  I plan on worshipping every inch of your body," I whisper against her neck.  "I was going to wake you later if I had to."

"Can we go inside?  Please?"  Her voice comes out as a pant, her hands gripping the front of my jacket.

She slides off me, and I quickly get out, offering her my hand. She swings her feet out, but I sweep her into my arms before her feet can touch the sand.  "Tobias!" she squeals, tilting her head back in laughter as I swing us around.  Her gaze drifts toward the small house in front of us, and I see her furrow her eyebrows in confusion as her laughter stops.  "Where are we?"

"Amar and George's beach house. They're letting us use it — it's their wedding gift to us," I state simply, walking us toward the front porch.  Amar offered their beach house for our honeymoon, telling me he wanted us to stay there for Tris' sake.  He knew she might feel more comfortable in a place that wasn't surrounded by strangers, especially after yesterday's ordeal.  I honestly couldn't have been more grateful for his gift. 

"There aren't any other houses around," she says with a whisper, a lustful smile playing on her lips as she continues to look around. 

I run my nose along her jaw as we near the door.  "That's kind of the point."

"Mmm," she hums.

I reach the door and shift her so I can put the keys in the lock.  "Tobias, you're going to drop me!" she shrieks, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck. 

I laugh, holding her closer.  "I would never drop you."  I manage to get us through the door, and set her down gently, but she continues to cling to me. 

She looks around slowly before finally letting go of my arms, and begins walking around.  She goes to the middle of the living room and turns to me, smiling.  "This is perfect, Tobias."  I see her eyes flit to the fireplace that has driftwood stacked within; my mind is already conjuring images of what the various colors of the flames would look like against her alabaster skin.

"Would you like me to get our bags?" I ask, trying to restrain myself from sweeping her up and making love to her right here on the living room rug.