Chapter I Betrayal

(Y/n) means your name, (l/n) means your last name for anyone who may not know. Enjoy chapter 1!

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

I can still recall the day Prince Ephraim left to go on his voyage across the continent of Magvel. It's been a year since I've last seen him and his strands of light blue hair. Whenever I see Princess Eirika, his twin sister, it reminds me of him due to their striking resemblance. As children, the three of us, and sometimes Prince Lyon from Grado, Princess Tana from Frelia, and her older brother Prince Innes would all play together. Ephraim and Innes always got into skirmishes over who's the strongest. Lyon, who had a crush on Eirika, envied the two boys for their physical strength and observed the brawl; however Eirika seemed to like him regardless of his lack of physical strength.

In fact, Princess Eirika hated fighting. Her along with Princess Tana would scold their brothers for battling each other. I don't like fighting either; however, I do enjoy watching fights unlike Eirika, but as a Noble of Renais I feel an obligation to have the capability of defending myself, should misfortune plague the kingdom. I decided to learn the bow and arrow because magic wasn't my forte, and swords, lances, and axes were too heavy for me. I am capable of wielding some swords and lances such as rapiers, daggers, and slim lances since they're fairly lightweight.

My father is a sage and my mother is a war cleric, who both serve as advisors to the king of Renais: King Fado. We were always close to the royal family, and we practically lived with them in the castle, even though we do have a house of our own. The King is like a second father to me, and Ephraim and Eirika are like siblings...except lately I've noticed I started to develop romantic feelings towards the prince. Eirika discovered this, and teases me about my feelings towards her elder twin brother.

{~_~}

Today was a normal day like any other, and still Ephraim has yet to return. Eirika and I were going to visit the marketplace and meet up with Tana to look around at the newest fashions imported from the country of Rausten, but we were interrupted by news from the castle guards that Grado has invaded Renais.

"Grado? But I thought we were allies with them..." Eirika questioned the guards.

"We had a neutral relationship with them, therefore this attack on Renais was not anticipated." One of the guards replied.

Princess Eirika and I scurried to the throne room where King Fado and my parents resided.

"Father, what is the meaning of this?! Why is Grado attacking?!" Eirika cried to her father.

"That I do not know daughter...Seth, I want you to take Eirika and (y/n) to our allies in Frelia, and get them to safety." King Fado replied.

"Understood your Highness." Seth, one of Renais' royal army generals said.

"What of you father...and what of Sir (l/n) and Lady (l/n)?" Eirika responded.

Before we could hear a response from my parents or King Fado, Eirika and I were taken away by Seth, mounted on his horse.

Mother, father, King Fado, Castle Renais, Prince Ephraim...I pray for your safety.

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 2, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 9th,2017
Published July 2nd,2017
Next Update July 5th,2017