Chapter XVI The Battle for His Heart

So Innes, Tana, Seth, and Amelia have all been released in Fire Emblem Heroes. I spent all my orbs and have gotten none of them T^T It's ironic how there's a Sacred Stones event that focuses on Innes, Tana, and Seth because in these next few chapters of this book, they're in it more! Anyway enjoy chapter 16!

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

"Alright, your wound has fully healed! I recommend waiting a day or two before engaging in combat, but that's totally up to you!" L'Arachel exclaimed as she put her staff down.

"Thank you so much Princess L'Arachel! I can't wait to tell Prince Ephraim that my injury is mended," I thanked her as I got up.

"Oh, drop the princess, just call me L'Arachel. And be careful around that Ephraim! Last time he asked me to heal heal his wound, and when I agreed, he begun to strip off his armor! I can't believe he would try to take advantage of me in my confused state! Hmph, a prince ought to have more dignity!" L'Arachel ranted.

"Ok, and I'll keep my guard up." I laughed as I walked to the room Ephraim was staying in.

As I was about to knock on the door, Tana came out.

"O-oh, hey (y/n). How is your injury?" Tana asked.

"It's perfectly healed now, I was just about to inform Ephraim." I said.

"Oh, you don't want to go in there, he's really depressed." Tana said while somewhat shielding the door.

"It's ok, I'm sure hearing the news that my wound he inflicted upon me has been healed will lift his spirits!" I said as I tried to proceed into Ephraim's room.

"No, he was so depressed that he sent me out!" She insisted.

"Well, I'm not you, so let me through!" I said pushing her out the way.

However, she was able to swiftly regain her balance, and guard the door again.

"What's your problem Tana?! I just want to let Ephraim know that I'm capable of fighting again!" I was angered.

"I won't let you take him away from me!" Tana screamed as she charged at me with her lance in her hand.

I picked up a nearby coat rack to defend myself; however, it wasn't necessary to use it because Prince Ephraim came out his room and stopped the fight.

"What's going on?!" He looked upset.

Tana and I were quiet. We knew he was angry, and we were to scared to talk.

"Answer me!" Ephraim demanded.

"W-well I was trying to come and tell you that my wound was healed, and Tana would let me by! I admit I pushed her first, but then she drew her lance and lunged at me...I only used the coat rack to defend myself." I explained.

He turned to Tana," Is this true?"

She was crying, but she nodded yes.

"How could you do this after the talk we just had, and why wouldn't you let (y/n) see me?!" He asked.

"I'm sorry Ephraim it's just that...I love you and so does (Y/n). I-i don't want her to win your heart!"

"I told you, I was merely coming in to tell Ephraim that my injury healed and that I'm cleared to fight for the next battle." I stated.

"Exactly Tana, your reaction was unnecessary. (Y/n) is our friend, and I never want to see you two fighting again, unless it's a sparring match or an arena battle."

"Okay Ephraim...and (y/n), I'm sorry I didn't act like a princess ought to. I let my emotions get the best of me." Tana apologized.

"It's ok, and I apologize for pushing you. I hope this doesn't put a rift in our friendship." I replied.

Ephraim smiled, and the three of us hugged.

"I'm glad you two made up, now let's go to the dinning hall and eat shall we?"

{~_~}

"This fish is pretty good." Innes conversed with L'Arachel.

"Yup, I told you!"

"You should try Frelia's fish, we have the best in the whole continent!" Tana chimed in

Everyone was eating lunch in the dinning hall. It was noisy, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves despite the fact that we are in the middle of a war. We kind of divided ourselves into different countries and social ranks when sitting. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I sat with Eirika and Ephraim. After lunch, we decided to take a walk to clear our minds with everything that is going on.

"(Y/n), I'd like for you to use this in the next battle." Ephraim said as he handed me a bow.

"Nidhogg the serpent bow? I couldn't possibly take this, it's one of the sacred twins of Frelia!"

"It's alright, Innes gave the sacred twins of Frelia to me and told me to give them to whoever I see fit."

"If you think I'm fit for it, then I accept it, it's an honor."

"Oh, and who are you going to give the other sacred twin to brother? Tana, perhaps?" Eirika smirked.

"Correct, the Vidofnir is a lance after all, and I figured since she's from Frelia and has been showing remarkable skill on the battlefield that she'd make the best use out of it." Ephraim explained.

Eirika glanced over at me to see my reaction since she mentioned Tana. A hint of jealousy contaminated my face because of Ephraim's praising of Tana's combat skills. The princess of Renais laughed at me.

"What's so funny Eirika? (Y/n) and I want to laugh too."

"Yeah that's right Eirika!" I crossed my arms.

"Oh, nothing the two of you would find funny—oh hey! Look at the flowers aren't they just gorgeous?!"

I looked around and didn't notice that we were surrounded by flowers. Flowers of all colors and varieties. Eirika twirled around in the field of flowers like a kid. She pulled me in the bed of flowers, and we laid next to each other, peering up at the azure sky. Ephraim walked over and laid beside me. Soon, we could return to a life like this where we could relax like this again. Our time in the pasture of flowers didn't last long unfortunately.

"Prince Ephraim, Princess Eirika, Lady (y/n), Castle Rausten is under attack by remaining Grado forces!" Seth said as he galloped on his horse.

"Eirika, (y/n), let's go!" Ephraim declared as we ran back to castle Rausten.

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 17, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 29th,2017
Published August 16th,2017
Next Update August 19th,2017