Chapter XVII One Night with the Prince

{~_~}

Ephraim's POV

I took the hands of my sister and (y/n) as we ran back to defend castle Rausten. When we arrived, Tana and L'Arachel came over and informed us that we have to defend Priest Mansel from Grado's forces.

"Ephraim, you have to help protect my uncle from Grado! Please, I can't lose my only family remember!" L'Arachel begged me.

"Rest assured L'Arachel, we'll defend him and the sacred stone of Rausten!" I told her."Oh and Tana here. I trust you'll put this to use." I turned to Tana.

"Vidofnir the winged lance? This is one of the sacred twins of Frelia, how did you get your hands on this?" Tana was in shock.

"I gave it to him." Innes told his sister." Now come Ephraim, everyone awaits your command."

My strategy is to have some of our men guard Mansel, while the majority of us attack the main enemy. I think 4 people protecting Mansel should suffice; a cleric, someone with good defense and offense, a flier, and a long distance hitter.

"L'Arachel, Seth, Tana, and Innes. I want the four of you to guard Priest Mansel."

"Yes your highness!" Seth proclaimed.

"(Y/n) do you feel you're ready to fight?" I asked.

"Mhm, I've been itching for some action!"

"Great, let's team up."

"Alright, I can't wait to bring out the power of the Nidhogg!"

{~_~}

(Y/n) is doing phenomenal. I think she may have improved actually by not fighting and getting the chance to observe our allies and foes while she was recovering. So far my strategy of having Innes, Tana, L'Archacel, and Seth stay back and guard the priest is working.

"Ephraim, there's an opening to get to the commander of Grado's forces, I'm going to take it!" (Y/n) shouted.

"Ok, be careful! I'll join you when I can!" I shouted back.

(Y/n) was right to take that opening. Since Grado's commander is Riev, a former priest who use to work along side Mansel, is a long distance fighter like (y/n), this match up is perfect! The two fought, they dodged each other's attacks; but (y/n) had the advantage due to her being quicker and prevailed, defeating their commander. I fended off the soldiers attacking me, ran over to (y/n), and seized the throne. However, while I was doing so, a magic circle on the ground appeared around (y/n) and I, transporting us away.

{~_~}

"E-ephraim, where are we?" A scared (y/n) asked.

"Don't be afraid (y/n), but judging by all the trees I'd say Darkling Woods." I said while stroking her hair to try and calm her down.

"D-darkling woods?! Aren't there a lot of monsters here? And it's nighttime!"

"Yes, but I'll protect you (y/n)."

"But there might be a lot of monsters Ephraim, even you might struggle to defeat them all!"

"Are you doubting me (y/n)? I've commanded an army of three before and still came out triumphant. This time will be no different with the exception that there's two of us."

"Alright, but let's try and find a nearby town. It's too creepy to stay out here...especially at night!"

"Ok, let's go then." I said as I started walking.

"Wait! C-can you hold my hand? I-i'm scared." (Y/n) asked.

"Sure. Ha, I could carry you if you'd like!" I laughed.

"W-would you please?"

"I was just joking, but if it'll make you feel less scared then alright." I responded as I lifted her.

"T-thank you Ephraim...I'm sorry I'm being such a burden."

"A burden? Hardly! In fact I'd be lying if I said a wasn't slightly frightened myself!"

"You scared? But your always so confident..."

"I'm scared I'm losing those close to me...like you." I admitted.

(Y/n)'s face went red. I forgot women get embarrassed when I say things like that. I don't know why, but a myriad of women gravitate to me. Maybe it's because of my body or the fact that I'm a prince. The reasons why (y/n) and Tana like me are different...I like that about the two of them.

It's been approximately twenty minutes since I've been running looking for a nearby village. (Y/n) has fallen asleep in my arms. She seems at peace in her sleep, I'm glad I'm able to make her feel that safe enough that she falls asleep. I wasn't able to find a village, but I did find a small house. I knocked, and an elderly couple answered the door.

"What do ya want boy?! Can't ya see it's pass the time to be lollygagging around Darkling Woods, disturbing everyone's sleep?!" The husband complained.

"My apologies for disturbing you and you wife, do you know where the nearest town is?" I asked politely.

"Have you no manners son?! Ain't your parents name ya?" The old man rambled.

"I'm sorry, that was rather rude of me. My name is Ephraim, first prince of Renais."

"You're Prince Ephraim?! I'm sorry, but there's no towns nearby, the next one is about 2 hours away by horse." The old lady responded.

"Hm, I see...thank you, I'll be on my way."

"Oh please don't go, I couldn't let you and your mistress travel such a distance." The old woman said.

"Thank you, but she's not my—" I was cut off by the old man.

"It's dangerous out there especially with a fine lass like that, some creature might swipe her from ya if you ain't cautious!"

"Now, let us show you to the guest room." The old lady said as she lead me inside.

The room was small with a dim light, a table, a chair, and one bed.

"Now y'all young folks better not be so loud up here. I don't wanna her no moaning or groaning, ya got that?!" The man said.

"R-right...thank you for letting us stay." I replied as the elderly couple left the room.

(Y/n) as my mistress? Her value far exceeds a mistress. But the matter at hand is this bed. Although it's large enough to hold both of us, it would embarrass the two of us if we slept together, but it seems we have no other choice. Well, I guess I better be prepared in the morning for (y/n)'s reaction. Oh God, help me.

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 18, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 30th,2017
Published August 19th,2017
Next Update August 22nd,2017