Paralogue 5 A Day with the Kids

Requested by @MissMaskedMaria

This paralogue actually happens in the storyline of the Sacred Hearts

^_−☆

(Y/n)'s POV

"Ephraim! My water broke!" I screamed interrupting Ephraim's meeting with Innes

"You dropped your glass of water?" My clueless husband said not taking his attention off his paperwork.

"Ephraim, you're truly an idiot." Innes face palmed.

I didn't have time to be angry at him, so I simply shouted at him that the baby is coming.

"Oh, why didn't you just say so?" He said in the most calm tone putting his pen down and arising from his seat."Did you urinate on yourself? I think you're a tad bit too old to be doing so." Ephraim chuckled.

Innes is so right.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Call a midwife!" I yelled as I felt the pain from the first contraction.

Fortunately for me, Innes was aware of  the situation, and already called one.

^_−☆

"Welcome to this world (s/n)." The proud father of the new prince of Renais said holding his son.

The newborn deeply resembled the king himself. The identical teal hair color, and azure colored irises.

"He looks just like you." I told him.

"I know! I can't wait until I can teach him how to fight!"

"Does he really have to? Can't at least our (s/n) live a life where he doesn't have to fight?" I sighed.

"(Y/n)."Ephraim called my name putting (s/n) in his crib."It will be alright, I'll just teach him self defense, so he can at the very least be prepared in case something happens." He reassured me sitting on my bed and grasping my hand.

"Yes, I suppose you're right." I replied."Life's going to be different now with (s/n)."

"It sure is. Now I'll have two people to protect instead of one."

"Heh, who's this second person? I certainly can protect myself." I laughed.

"Haha, I know you can, but it's always reassuring to know that someone who cares about you has your back." My husband responded."Anyway, you must be tired. You should rest my queen, I'll look after (s/n)." He said gazing into my eyes and stroking my hair.

"I agree it is reassuring especially when that person is you." I smiled."Goodnight my king~"

^_−☆

7 years later

Ephraim's POV

It's been seven years since (s/n) was born. A year after that, (Y/n) found out she was pregnant and we had (d/n). This time I knew what (Y/n) meant when she said her water broke.

"Daddy, guess what?! I got an A on my literature test!" (S/n) exclaimed.

"Haha you're doing much better than me when I was in school!" I laughed.