Chapter X Support Conversation Level B

{~_~}

Tana's POV

I genuinely thought I was going to perish back then, but Prince Ephraim saved me. Oh how I wish I was conscious when he carried me in his arms; however I was conscious for that kiss! I'm still musing over that, and my face still feels hot. I don't know if I'll even be able to look him in the eyes anymore, but I can't wait for his answer to my confession.

We will reach our destination in Taizel in the morning, and it feels like this night will never come to it's inevitable end. Oh how I'm filled with anticipation for what tomorrow brings! I wonder how (y/n) is feeling, knowing that I proclaimed my love to Ephraim. I really hope this doesn't destroy our friendship.

{~_~}

Morning finally came, and we set foot in Taizel. I approached Ephraim, awaiting his response.

"Good morning Ephraim!" I said cheerfully.

"Good morning Tana, how do you do?"

"Wonderful! S-so about yesterday..." I began to ask.

"Ah yes. I'm not sure. A prince is raised to be detached and distant, and to rule the people from above. I could not afford to feel any real affection for you...I'm sorry but I do appreciate your affection towards me." He replied.

"I see...is there someone else that you harbor affection for?" I asked while trying to conceal my tears.

"Please don't cry. It's not that I don't like you, it's just that I don't think I could genuinely love you, or anyone other woman in a romantic way due to the way I was raised. Perhaps when this war is over things will change, but for now I can't reciprocate your feelings." Ephraim explained to me.

"Brother," the little girl with the indigo hair came up to Ephraim.

"You're persistent on call me that aren't you Myrrh...What is it?" He asked the girl who's name I now know is Myrrh.

"The enemy is here, and I sense that my dragon stone is nearby." She said.

"Men! Prepare yourselves there are enemy troops up ahead!" Ephraim yelled before turning to me.

"Tana, I want you to sit out this fight. You and your pegasus are still recovering from yesterday's battle." The prince commanded me.

"But Ephraim..."

"How would King Hayden and Prince Innes react if something were to happen to you? You know they don't approve of you fighting, and nor do I quite frankly." Ephraim lectured me.

"Alright fine you win." I obeyed him as I moved with the other reserves.

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

I wonder how Ephraim answered Tana's love confession. I see them over there conversing, but then this young indigo haired girl who now that I think of it stays close to Ephraim, came up to him to tell him that enemy forces are in the town. I saw Tana go in the back with the reserves crying, so I'm assuming Ephraim rejected her...how sad. If I had confessed to the prince would the same thing have happened to me?

"(Y/n), let's team up." Ephraim said to me.

"You want to team up with me? Why not someone stronger?" I was shocked.

"Strength doesn't matter, we made a good team the last time we fought together." He stated.

"Well if you insist, I'd be glad to team up with you! By the way, who's that indigo haired girl with the wings that calls you brother?"

"Oh you mean Myrrh? I found her on my first conquest, she was in captivity by Grado and she insisted on coming with me...and I'd wish she'd stop calling me brother, it's quite embarrassing."

"Hmm, so what if I called you brother?" I teased.

"Haha, well that's different because we grew up together, and I care for you as I would for Eirika! Anyway, it's time to get serious, are you ready (y/n)?"

"Yeah!"

Ephraim was right, we made a good team. The combination of his lance and my bow made us overpowered. And instead of him always protecting me, I was able to protect him for a change.

"I'm impressed (y/n), you're archery skills have really improved." He praised me after I shot down an enemy that he couldn't defend himself from.

"Heh, well I had to repay you somehow after all the times you served as my aegis in battles, so improving my archery skills was a necessity!"

"And I'll continue to be your aegis, especially against closed ranged fighters since you're an archer." I replied.

"Ok, I'm counting on you!" I blushed.

I feel like we're already a couple already. He said we make a great team, so imagine us ruling Renais together. We'd bring peace not only in our country, but to the rest of the continent. Hopefully when I confess to Ephraim, I don't end up like Tana. It's too soon for me to confess. When this war concludes I'll do it no matter the cost!

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 11, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 22nd,2017
Published July 29th,2017
Next Update August 1st,2017