Chapter IX Tana's Declaration

{~_~}

Tana's POV

I'm sorry (y/n), I know that I'm being selfish, but I can't let you win Ephraim's heart. Once this war reaches its conclusion, I will profess my love for the prince of Renais, and when he says yes, we'll get married and start a family together! I'm sure (y/n) will find someone else she loves.

"Tana, stay alert!" Ephraim said to me as he defended me from an attack from an archer.

"Ah, t-thank you!" I exclaimed as I was brought back into the present reality.

"We're on the battlefield, this is no time for daydreaming. If you wanted to daydream, you should have stayed home back in Frelia." Ephraim scolded me.

He's so much nicer to (y/n) when he scolded her the last time. It's not fair!

"You're right, I promise to stay focused." I sighed as I saw Ephraim ride of to face his next opponent.

Also, I didn't pay much mind to her before, but there's this young girl with indigo hair and wings who stays really close to the prince. I wonder...who is she? Wait, Ephraim better not be into little girls!

"Tana, look out!" I heard (y/n) yell.

Another Pegasus rider hacked me with their axe. Like drops of rain, I fell, getting closer and closer to the ocean I was once hovering over. I've long been prepared for this day...Too long...No, I can't go out like this! I haven't even confessed to Ephraim yet.

"Ephraim!" I called to him as tears streamed down my cheeks." Before I enter into death, there's something I must tell you...I've harbored these emotions of love for you since the day we met!" I said as my body took a plunge into the deep blue.

{~_~}

Ephraim's POV

Tana harbors feelings towards me? I felt the indigo haired girl named Myrrh grab my hand.

"Save her brother." She gazed at me with her innocent eyes.

"I will, please wait here." I assured her as I leaped off the ship we where aboard and dove into the water to rescue the Frelian princess.

The deeper I got into the ocean, the darker it got; however, I was able to retrieve the princess in time. Swimming up to surface, I awaited the ladder that would be thrown down by Kyle and Forde for me. With an unconscious but alive Tana with me in one hand, I climbed up the wooden ladder with the other.

"Someone has to give her mouth to mouth!" Franz shouted.

"Don't panic, I'll do it." I informed him as I performed CPR on Princess Tana,

"E-ephraim!" Tana stuttered as her face began to turn red. "I'm still alive? Wait, that means you heard my confession!"

"Yes." I responded.

"W-well, what's your answer?"

"You're alive."

"Not to that! To my confession!"

"O-oh...can I answer this after we finish this skirmish and get off this ship?" I said embarrassed. I'm not sure how to respond to a confession, so I think I'll ask (y/n) for guidance on this matter before I address Tana's confession.

"Yes, take your time Ephraim!" Tana weakly smiled at me.

"Moulder! Tend to Princess Tana's wounds." I called.

"Yes, anything for the princess of Frelia!"

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

Why? Why is this happening?! First, Tana makes it so Ephraim believes I'm in love with Prince Innes, and now she professes her love to Ephraim and manages to obtain a kiss from him! Damn! The monsters that attacked our ship have all been dealt with, so now everyone is resting in their chambers until we arrive our destination. I hear I knock on my chamber door.

"Who the hell is it?!" I cursed as I opened the door revealing that it was Prince Ephraim.

"Are you upset? Is this not a good time for me to talk to you?" He asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Not at all. Honestly, I think a conversation would help me feel better." I said no knowing that he came in to discuss Tana.

"You heard what Tana said to me, right? How do I respond to that?"

"Are you serious Ephraim? You just respond with how you feel!"

"But what if I don't know how I feel? I've never loved someone in a romantic way before...you like Innes romantically, so I figured you might know that feeling." I elaborated.

"First of all, I do not like Innes romantically! You and Tana didn't let me get a word in back then! I like someone else." I told him the truth.

"Is that so? My apologies for assuming that. Who do you like, may I ask? You said that I know them,"

Damn, I'm not as bold as Tana, but if I say something stupid, I could ruin my chances with him!

"I'm sorry, it's a secret for now, but I'm sure as time goes on you'll figure it out! Anyway, to address your question, that's something you have to figure out on your own. Ask yourself: In what ways do you reciprocate Tana's feelings, if you do?"

"I see, thanks (y/n). Oh, and are you sure you're okay, you seemed like something was bothering you when I came in." He said looking at me with his worried azure eyes.

"I love that you're always so concerned about me...thank you, but I'm fine Ephraim." I said smiling at him.

"Alright, well let me know if anything is bothering you in the latter." He said as he exited my chambers.

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 10, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 22nd,2017
Published July 26th,2017
Next Update July 29th,2017