Xenologue 2 Her Desire

Credits to whoever drew this picture! Enjoy Xenologue 2 of The Sacred Hearts book 2!

☆彡

(S/n)'s POV

The Frelian king deployed soldiers to Grado. Meanwhile, Octavia and I are stuck in Frelia until this whole situation in Renais is resolved. I hope I can return to school soon.

I heard a knock on the room I was given for the time being.

"Come in," I said.

"Hello (S/n)," Octavia said as she entered the room, and closed the door behind her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, noticing that she seemed a bit sad.

"Since we're far away from our school, how are we going to work on the revival spell? This situation in Renais could take months to resolve." She stated.

"Well you could always go back to Grado on your own, since it's not you who's in danger here." I explained. "However, that won't be necessary because I brought all of our work with us. I anticipated that if my parents wanted me back so badly, then it must be important and will probably take awhile."

Her face lit up when she saw take out our experiment materials. Damn, her face is so cute when she gets excited. We worked on our experiment diligently without talking, only reading and writing. Finally after two hours, Octavia broke the silence.

"Hey (S/n), remember our class trip to Rausten a month ago?" She asked me.

"Mhm, what about it?" I asked, looking up from the book I was reading.

"Well, ever since we went, I've been getting slight headaches almost everyday. They're not serious, but they are annoying."

"I've been feeling them too now that I think of it. Their so minor that I ignore them, but I guess eventually we should see a cleric if the pain worsens." I replied.

"Right, but I wonder what could have caused them?"

☆彡

One Month ago at Castle Rausten

"Wow, the anima magic of Rausten is so remarkable!" Octavia exclaimed.

"Indeed it is," I agreed.

The land of Rausten is so beautiful. I can't wait to come back here one day.

"(S/n), let's come back here together one day," Octavia said.

She read my mind.

"Y-yeah, let's," I stuttered, as Octavia giggled at my nervousness.

We got into talk so much that we didn't realize that our group of classmates had left us.

"Oh no, where did everyone go?" Octavia wondered.

"I don't know, let's just go further in the castle, they are probably near the throne room." I suggested.

But the castle of Rausten was a labyrinth. It was much more difficult to navigate than the Castle of Renais that I'm use to.

"I'm sorry (S/n) this is my fault," Octavia began to cry.

"D-don't cry, it's not your fault! Let's just enjoy our time at Castle Rausten, I'm sure at least my annoying bodyguards will come search for me." I nervously replied, not knowing what to do when a girl cries.

The two of us went deeper in the castle, stumbled upon a shiny stone encased in glass.

"Wow, that such a pretty gem! I wonder if it's part of Queen L'arachel's jewelry collection?!" Octavia squealed.

"You would think something as beautiful as that stone would be more safeguarded." I mumbled.

We looked deep into the stone, examining its beauty. However, when we peered in the stone for a longer time, it felt as if we were in a hypnotic state.

"Do you have a wish?" A deep voice from the stone called.

"W-who's there?!" I shouted.

Octavia held my hand seeking to abolish her fear.

"Fret not children, I have the power to grant any wish if you allow me." The voice responded.

"A-any wish?" Octavia asked. "(S/n), we can wish for those who were innocently killed in the last war to be wished back!"

"Yeah, but what about the revival spell we're working on?" I asked.

"We can use that if another war breaks out and innocent lives are taken away. If we grant our wish now, I can see my biological parents again, and you can see your grandparents!" She explained to me.

"That's true, but do you think we're allowed to be doing this considering this isn't our stone?" I wondered.

"We're not supposed to be experimenting with an ancient magic, yet we are," Octavia stated.

For some reason, I feel like I shouldn't do this, but Octavia really wants to make the wish.

"Very well," I sighed as I gave in.

"Thanks (S/n), sorry if I sound selfish," Octavia smiled.

I looked into the stone that was glowing.

"We wish for the innocent victims of the Magvel Grado war 16 years ago to be brought back to life!" I told the voice in the stone.

"Very well, your wish has been fulfilled." The voice said.

The room went black for a brief moment, and the room returned back to normal.

"I guess that means the wish has been granted." Octavia said.

"I guess so, let's not mention this to anyone yet. Ah! My head hurts!" I exclaimed.

"Are you okay (S/n)? Let's find the nurse!" Octavia suggested.

"I'm okay, I was just a little sting, I think I'm fine now. Thanks for your concern."

My head feels kind of heavy, it feels like I've done a lot of mental work. I'm probably just tired and need to consume more water.

"Your highness! There you are!" I heard Meredith's voice shout. "We've been looking all over for you guys!"

"Sorry, we got lost when we got separated from the group." I said.

"Heh, you guys probably wanted to be alone. Your pretty bold Prince (S/n)~" Kenneth smirked.

"S-shut up, we didn't do anything."

"The two of you are holding hands, that's a clear sign that you've made some progress~" he instigated as I forgot Octavia and so were still holding hands.

Octavia giggled.

"Stop harassing the prince." Meredith commanded. "Come on you two let's go back with our classmates."

End of Flash Back

☆彡

To be Continued in Xenologue 3!

Make sure to vote, follow me for updates on future works, comment, and request more paralogues!

I hope you liked this paralogue! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written April 9th,2018
Published April 10th,2018
Next update by April 14th,2018