Chapter XIV Tantalizing Thoughts

Lol, the picture! I was with Ephraim A1 day 1! #imwithhim

{~_~}

Ephraim's POV

I recklessly charged at my opponents, cutting down every foe who stood in my way. I have to free Lyon from the demon king Fomortiis. I don't believe that Lyon is dead, he's stronger than he looks, and would never be consumed by a foul being so easily! I encountered an enemy with an axe, which according to the weapon triangle bests lances. I was struggling with this opponent. Damn my mind is too clouded! Thoughts of freeing Lyon, and understanding the meaning of love contaminated my mind so much, that my lance was knocked out of my hands.

"Ephraim, look out!" A familiar pegasus rider yelled as she defended me with her axereaver, slaying the enemy in the process.

"Thank you Tana, I owe you one." I replied as I picked up the siegmund.

"Anytime...so care to team up? We made a good team the last time we teamed up."

"Yeah, we did...Alright." I agreed.

Tana sure has honed her fighting skills. I remember when she first started learning the lance a few years ago, and I helped train her. I remember she insisted on having me teach her like I did with Eirika. I never would have imagined that Tana would defend me in battle before...I guess I underestimated her.

"You're skills are quite remarkable." I told the princess of Frelia.

"Y-you think so? Innes and father are always telling me not to fight or to stay out of the way when it comes to fighting, so getting a praise from you makes me feel really happy!" Tana blushed.

"I'm glad I could offer you a word of encouragement, but he must not forget the matter at hand."

"Ah, of course!"

I continued fighting my enemies like I was, but for some reason my fighting is off. Yet again the pegasus riding princess shielded me from another axe wielder.

"Ephraim, you have to calm down!" Tana exclaimed.

"Calm down, what do you mean?"

She clasped her hands around mine, instantly making me feel a sense of calmness. Come to think of it, Tana has always been able to calm me down whenever I was angered...I love that about her. I also love her willingness to help others in times of need. With her soaring high in the sky on her pegasus, she's like an guardian angel ready to assist anyone in need.

"Thank you Tana." I said taking a deep breath.

I can't focus, all this talk about love and the state of Lyon's being is really getting to my head. Somehow, Tana and I were able to defeat all the stood in our way of reaching Lyon. He awaited us with a vile smirk plastered on his face.

"Answer me demon king! Where's Lyon?!" I screamed.

"Heh, didn't I just tell you?! You're friend is dead, I devoured every last part of him!" He laughed.

"Fine, then you leave me no choice!" I declared as I lunged towards the body that looked like Lyon.

Tana shielded me from Lyon's attacks, so I was able to attack the demon king directly.

"Heh, you're strong I give you that! But once my full power returns you mere mortals stand no chance against me! This damaged you inflicted on me is nothing! Follow me, if you dare!" Fomortiis proclaimed as he transported away.

"That coward! After him!" I yelled but was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

"Ephraim, calm yourself. Frelia has the finest trackers in the lands, so don't worry we'll find him soon." Prince Innes informed me.

"Thanks Innes." I said messaging my temples.

"Also, I want you to have the sacred twins of Frelia since you're commanding this army.  Nidhogg, the Serpent Bow, and Vidofnir, the Winged Lance."

"Are you sure these are Frelia's—"

"Don't make me change my mind, after all we are rivals. And don't you dare get close to my sister!"

"Oh Innes, thank you...and what are you implying?"

"Tch, you're oblivious to your own feelings." Innes growled as he walked away shoving the sacred twins in my hands.

"Brother, don't be so mean to Ephraim!" Tana protested.

"Come here Tana, I want to talk to you." Innes said dragging his sister off her pegasus.

{~_~}

Innes' POV

Ephraim's so dense, all he does is fight, and pays no mind to things like emotions and education. Honestly, what do girls see in him?

"Brother, let go of me!" My little sister yelled.

"Don't get close to that Ephraim, he'll just end up breaking your heart." I commanded her.

"Shut up Innes, you're just jealous because Ephraim gets more women than you!" She shouted.

"Exactly my point, I don't want you with someone like that. Once he's done appeasing you, he'll go appease the rest of his girls."

"Ephraim's not like that! You don't understand, you never do! I like Ephraim because he's the opposite of you, he cares about his sister's feelings and for those around him!"

"Tana, I'm saying this because I care about you! Listen, I just want the best for you...and I don't want him as my brother in-law."

"Well, I appreciate the fact that you do care for me, thank you it means a lot hearing that from you, but I'm sorry I want to follow my heart which is telling me that I'm in love with Ephraim...it's been telling me that for a long time."

"Fine, I guess I understand...but if he wants your hand in marriage, he'll have to beat me in a duel."

"You guys never change do you? Fine, a duel it is, but this time I'll be cheering for your defeat!"

I really love my sister, I just want the best for her, nothing more. It's not that I'm totally against her loving Ephraim, it's just that I think he'll choose (y/n) over Tana.

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 15, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 27th,2017
Published August 10th,2017
Next Update August 13th,2017