Paralogue 11 The One Whom I Loved (Tana x Cormag)

Sorry for the late update, I just started my new job which means I may be updating less now, despite it being winter break. This paralogue is about Tana and Cormag's love story, I hope you like it! Sorry of Cormag is a little out of character. Also, I listened to the opening of the anime Suzuka while writing this.

<•>~<•>

Tana's POV

I'd never thought I'd fall in love with someone other than Ephraim. After he chose (Y/n) over me, I plunged into a deep depression. I took my pegasus into the mountains were I felt I could have a peace of mind. That was when I found him. The wind blew through his blonde hair, as his eyes were fixated on the sky blue ceiling above him. The war with Grado was over, yet tears streamed from his eyes. I remember facing him once in battle, he wanted to fight for his older brother Glen, who was killed by his own allies. He lost someone he loved, and so did I.

"How long are you going to keep staring at me? Leave me alone!" The wyvern rider snapped.

"I know you pain." I said. "I know the pain of losing someone that I loved all my life."

"Silence woman! I don't need your pity." He exclaimed getting on his wyvern and flying away.

He flew away; just like Ephraim did. Should I chase after him like (Y/n) did with Ephraim? I should. If (Y/n) can ensnare a man so can I! But wait. Why am I thinking this, Cormag is not the one I love! I should reclaim my Ephraim!

<•>~<•>

"Tana, I'm sorry, but I love (Y/n)!" The man of my dreams broke my heart again as I approached him.

"What's so great about her anyway?! I deserve to be happy too!" I screamed at the blue haired king.

"I'm sorry." Ephraim repeated. "We can be friends."

"But I don't want to be friends, I want to be lovers!" I yelled.

"Stop being so selfish and think of other people's feelings!" Ephraim shouted at me.

"But Ephraim—"

"Enough Tana! This conversation is over." He said as he went inside his castle.

He left me again. With tearstained eyes, I got on my pegasus and flew into the sky. From above, I could see (Y/n) and Ephraim conversing and laughing inside castle Renais. They look so happy together. Why can't I be happy? Even my hypocritical brother is happy with Eirika! I decided to return home to castle Frelia after visiting Ephraim, and locked myself in my chambers.

The Next Day

Eirika, my new sister in law saw me sitting outside of castle Frelia, staring at the pendant Ephraim gave me before he left on his expedition right before the war started. I remember when he got me it; he said that the indigo colored stone in the pendant reminded him of my hair. I bet he probably doesn't remember giving it to me.

"Are you thinking of my brother?" My best friend asked me.

"Yeah," I sighed, looking down at the pendant.

"Don't worry Tana, you'll find someone you love more than him, and that will love you back," Eirika said trying to comfort me.

"But I've loved Ephraim all my life! How could I ever love someone else!" I wept.

"I know it will be hard, but you have to move on. When I witnessed Lyon die right before my eyes, the one whom I loved, I had to move on. If I had let myself stay depressed, I would have never realized my affection for Innes, or his for me. I once thought the same thing. That I would never love someone else, but all I had to do was open my heart and forget the past."