Xenologue 3 The Escape

Enjoy Xenologue 3!

(ᵔᴥᵔ)

(S/n)'s POV

"Eureka!" Octavia exclaimed. "I found the last item we need to complete the revival spell."

"Really, what do we need?" I asked her.

"The five leafed Myrrhis Odorata herb. However, it is rare and can only be found in Renais." She elaborated.

"Great," I sighed.

There's no way my parents would allow me to traverse to my homeland during its turmoil. I really want to gather all the materials for the revival spell even though we obtained our wish of revival...well at least I think we did. Neither Octavia or I checked to see if her biological parents or my grandparents have been revived.

"Octavia," I called her. "Do you think our wish was really granted?"

"What do you mean?" She questioned me. "The voice from the stone said that our wish was fulfilled."

"Indeed, but we have yet to check if our loved ones have been resurrected." I stated.

"You have a point. I have no way of finding out if my parents are alive because I don't know how they look like or where they are buried." Octavia admitted.

"I see. Well I know how my grandfather looks, my father use to show me pictures of him and tell me of his exploits to lecture me why I should fight with swords, lances, and axes rather than magic. I also know that all my grandparents are buried five miles away from Castle Renais." I explained.

"Hmm, then maybe when we travel to Renais we should check to see if their graves are empty before looking for the herb." Octavia responded.

"Sounds like a plan, lets go tonight."

"Tonight? But Renais is in a treacherous state, if you're seen the citizens could stone you to a bloody mess to get the attention of your parents! Plus, King Ephraim and Queen (Y/n) wouldn't approve of this!"

"I'm aware of the danger. You can stay behind if you want, but I'm going tonight once everyone is asleep." I declared.

Where did this boldness come from?

"If you're going, I'm going. It's far too dangerous for you to go alone, plus I contributed a great deal to this experiment," she replied.

"Alright, we'll sneak out at midnight!"

(ᵔᴥᵔ)

"Goodnight (S/n)," my mother said, kissing me on the head. "I'm so glad you're back even on a not so joyous occasion."

"It's good to see you to mom." I replied.

"And me?" My father asked.

"Mhm, I guess." I laughed.

"I guess? What's that supposed to mean?!" The Renais king exclaimed.

"I want to go back to school," I said bluntly.

"Don't worry son, you'll return soon. While you're here you and your friend Octavia can study Frelian magic." The Queen of Renais told me.

"And you can learn some lancery with your old man!" My father proclaimed.

"Nice try father," I rolled my eyes.