Chapter XV The Remaining Stone

{~_~}

Innes' POV

"Prince Innes! We've located the whereabouts of Prince Lyon!" The scout I sent out said.

"Mhm, go on."

"He's deep in darkling woods; at Mt. Neleras!"

"Did you hear that Ephraim, he's at Mt. Neleras." I turned to my rival.

"Wait, isn't that where gorgon eggs are? It's too hot and dangerous up there!" My sister complained.

"If it's so much for you, you can go home." I stated.

"No! I can handle it!" She said slightly glaring at (y/n) who's back on Ephraim's horse with him.

"Alright, let's proceed to Mt. Neleras...and (y/n), hold on tight okay? This will be a bumpy ride." Ephraim declared.

"O-ok Ephraim!" (Y/n) replied.

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

I can't believe Lyon's actually deceased. Damn that demon king! If my wound was fully healed, I would face him myself! I've been taking elixirs daily, and getting the clerics to heal me more, and I'm almost completely healed. Ephraim is very strong, and I hope I never have to face him as an enemy. I was so deep in thought, that I didn't realize we had stopped.

"Eirika, don't!" I heard Ephraim scream as I looked around him to see.

We reached our destination, and located Lyon. Eirika gave Lyon, who is the demon king in disguise, the sacred stone of Renais. I don't know what she was thinking, maybe she thought the light emitting from the sacred stone would purify the demon king in hope that it would revive Lyon, but instead, the demon king crushed the sacred stone and teleported away.

"Brother, I'm sorry." Eirika wept.

"Weep not! My homeland of Rausten's sacred stone remains!" L'arachel declared.

"L'arachel is right, we must press on to Rausten and retrieve their sacred stone before the demon king can!" Ephraim proclaimed.

"Right, but we must traverse through this mountain infested with gorgons! Such vile beings they are!" L'arachel said.

"(Y/n), go back with the reserves alright?" Ephraim told me as he was about to lift me off his horse.

"Wait! I can fight too! For the most part, my wound is healed." I responded.

"It's not fully healed, so I don't want you to tear it open more. This is an order (Y/n), go stay with the reserves." He repeated.

"Oh fine." I sighed as I obeyed his command.

However, as I was walking back to the reserves, a gorgon appeared in front of me. I yearned for Ephraim's protection, but instead his sister, Eirika fended off the monster for me.

"Thanks Eirika,"

"It was the least I could do for making such a foolish mistake." She sighed.

"Don't beat yourself up about it...I understand, you wanted to believe that Lyon was still alive." I said.

"Yeah, I thought just maybe there was a little bit of him remaining, but I guess I was naive to assume so."

{~_~}

Tana's POV

Like always, we defeated our opponents. We departed from Mt. Neleras to Rausten's castle where L'Arachel's uncle Priest Mansel resides. Eirika and Ephraim explained the situation to the elder priest of Rausten. He recommended that we all stay at the castle and rest for a day. L'Arachel initially refused his offer, but then accepted his offer after seeing how tired our army was. She also told (y/n) that she will be able to fully heal her wound with all the different healing materials here in Rausten. This is a golden opportunity for me to be alone with Ephraim! I enter the room where he is staying, and the prince looked sad.

"Don't be sad Ephraim." I said to him

"I'm not, I'm always like this."

"Liar! You're depressed, and you know it!"

"What if the same thing happens between Renais and Frelia? Our alliance could break like ours did with Grado..."

"Don't say that Ephraim! Renais and Frelia's bonds will remain unbreakable...and even if our countries were to go into a warring state, me, you, Innes, Eirika, and (y/n) will all remain friends. So please, don't think like that!" I cried.

"You're right, I'm sorry...don't cry." He said as he wiped a tear from my eye. "I never should have doubted our bond, i just don't want what happened to Lyon to happen to you or Eirika or (y/n) or even Innes. I promise as long as we live and I'm King of Renais that Renais and Frelia will be in good relations."

"E-ephraim, thank you! As princess of Frelia, I promise that our bonds will only deepen and not grow apart!" I declared.

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 16, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 28th,2017
Published August 13th,2017
Next Update August 16th,2017