Paralogue 9 Frenemies

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it! Sorry for the delay in me writing this, I got busy with schoolwork again. This paralogue was requested by Author-Chan-Sempai ! I hope you enjoy!

(°▽°)

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n), help me improve my archery skills!" My anxious husband barged into my study.

"Why? This better be a good reason since you interrupted my work." I said in an irritated voice.

"Innes is coming to castle Renais for Thanksgiving and—"

"The answer is no." I said cutting him off, continuing my paperwork.

Recently, it seems like Innes and Ephraim's rivalry has intensified. Every time they see each other they have an olympic type competition where they compete sometimes in the most frivolous things!

"Please (Y/n)~" Ephraim pleaded.

"Get on your knees and beg Restoration King." I scoffed.

To my surprise he actually got on his knees. Damn, he must be desperate.

"Fine." I sighed, arising from my chair. "But you owe me!"

"Yes! Thanks (Y/n), I'll repay you," He cheered.

However, before I was able to teach him anything, a Renais guard came in, informing us that the king of Frelia has arrived. Ephraim sighed, and the two of us made our way to the foyer to welcome the arrival of our guests.

"Brother, (Y/n) it's so good to see you again!" Eirika, queen of Frelia exclaimed.

"Hello Eirika, it's good to see you too!" I replied. "Ephraim, say hello to your—"

When I looked to my side, the king of Renais was gone, and so was the Frelian king.

"Oh brother, they're at it again." Eirika and I sighed.

(°▽°)

"Your arrow did not hit the bullseye! It is slightly in the 75 point range!" Innes argued.

"No it's not! My arrow is slightly in the bullseye range!" Ephraim protested.

"Are you blind?! Clearly, your arrow sits in the 75 point range!" Innes yelled.

"You're the blind one Innes! Just admit defeat!" My husband retorted.

"Never! Why don't we let your wife be the judge, she's a real archer?!" The king of Frelia suggested.

"Alright, fine! (Y/n), come here." The king of Renais ordered interrupting the Frelian queen and I's conversation.

"No," I replied, but the king of Renais wasn't taking no for an answer, so he lifted me out of my chair as I complained, and brought me close to the target.

"It's in the 75 point range." I told him, although the arrow was actually on the line.

"Exactly! Listen to your wife, a real archer." Innes proclaimed.

"Damn, I should have practiced more." Ephraim mumbled in despair, but was then cheered up when the two of them moved on to their next competition: a duel with lances.

Ephraim had the advantage, and won that event making the score between the two kings 1-1. The next event they participated in was cooking, with Eirika and I as the taste testers. This match would decide it all.

"I hope this means the two of you are cooking for thanksgiving." Eirika and I said as our daughters of about the same age entered the room at the mention of food.