Chapter VIII A Second War Brews

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

"What do you plan to do after this war?" I asked the blue haired prince.

"Well become the king of Renais, although I believe Eirika would make a better ruler than I." He responded.

"Who's going to be your queen?" I mustered up all the courage I had to ask this.

"Hm, I never really gave it thought...probably a princess from another nation, it might make Renais' relations better."

"Oh...I see," I said with a hint of disappointment in my voice.

I didn't anticipate him to straight out say me, but I didn't think he would give an answer like that.

"Is something wrong (y/n)?" The prince stared into my eyes.

"W-well wouldn't you be happier if you married someone whom you actually loved instead of for the betterment of Renais?" I asked.

"Perhaps, but as king I can't just think of myself, I have to think of my subjects as well."

"True," I sighed.

"So what about you?"

"Huh?"

"What are you going to do after this is all over?" Ephraim returned the question.

"Well since Castle Renais has basically been my home all my life, I was hoping I could serve the king just like my parents did."

"I see, and are you planning on marrying?"

"I-i want to, I'm not sure that the man I love feels the same way." I confessed.

"That's nonsense, a man would be foolish not to love a lady like you." He smiled.

"R-really?! You think so?" I felt excitement rising up from my chest.

"Of course, in fact I want to meet this man to make sure he treats you well!" Ephraim declared.

"U-uh, I don't think that's a good idea!"

"Hm, why not?" He looked at little upset.

"B-because the two of you wouldn't get along!" I exclaimed.

"That's more of a reason why I should go meet this man."

"W-well actually, you've already met him before."

"I have? Let's see someone I don't get along with...Innes!! You like him?"

"What?! You like my hypercritical big brother?!" Tana exclaimed before I could reply as she popped out from her hiding place,

"Tana, where you eavesdropping this whole time?" Ephraim asked.

"Y-yes, sorry." She admitted.

"Don't let it happen again or else I'll send you back to Frelia, I'm sure King Hayden will be at ease by your return." He told her.

"Right...but anyway, you like my big brother (y/n)?! I'm surprised anyone could like someone like Innes! Oh, that means we'll be sister in-laws if you marry him!" The princess of Frelia excitedly said.

"Now I can see why you wouldn't think the person you loved would love you back!" Ephraim laughed.

"Yeah, sometimes I even question if he loves me as his sister!" Tana pouted.

"I'm sure he does, and I'm sure even someone like Innes wouldn't turn you down (y/n). Plus, he was the one who taught you how to use the bow and arrow...haha, I guess he struck your heart!" The prince chimed in not letting me get a word in.

No, this can't be happening! I do like Prince Innes, but only has a friend. Damn that Tana, you had to come in a ruin things. I bet she did this on purpose knowing that Ephraim is dense...although, I've never told her that I like him. Perhaps she's figured out that I like Prince Ephraim which would mean I was correct to assume that she loves him as well. I know there's a war going on right now, but now there's two wars going on: a battle to save the continent of Magvel from Grado's clutches, and a battle to win Prince Ephraim's heart.

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 9, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 20th,2017
Published July 23rd,2017
Next Update July 26th,2017