Paralogue 13 The Perfect Gift

I'm still working on writing a scenario to celebrate my three year writing anniversary. I'm so glad the Ephraim won the choose your legends 2 event, I can't wait until his brave unit is released! Hopefully he's mounted with his Reginleif. I'm also glad that Lyon is finally in Heroes as well as L'arachel, Myrrh, Mage Eirika, and Marissa. So far the only unit of  them that I don't have is L'arachel. Anyway, enjoy paralogue 13!

It's Eirika and Ephraim's birthday, there is a big celebration in Renais, but (Y/n) doesn't know what to give to Ephraim.

(☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

(Y/n)'s POV

Tomorrow is Ephraim's birthday, but I have no idea what to get him. A new lance? New armor? All I know is that I'm running out of time. Eirika was easy to buy for; I got her a perfume she use to like when she lived in Renais. The citizens of Renais are putting together a birthday celebration festival for the twins tomorrow with all their favorite foods, music, etc. There's even going to be arena tournament.

"Are all the preparations for the celebration ready for tomorrow?" I asked the red haired paladin.

"Yes milady, we are just awaiting the arrival of former Princess Eirika of Renais." He replied.

(☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

Ephraim's POV

"Happy birthday my king~" My wife's soft yet sexy morning voice caressed my ear.

I passionately kissed her lips in response. God, her morning voice is so irresistible.

"Get dressed Ephraim, Eirika is here and she's waiting for you to so kindly grace her with your presence." (Y/n) said as she broke free from the kiss.

"Eirika's here? Why wasn't I informed of her arrival? Is Innes here too?! Damn, I didn't practice my archery."

"What good would a surprise visit be if I told you, Mr. Restoration King? And for goodness sake Ephraim, you don't have to challenge Innes every time you see each other." My wife replied.

"You're right. Tell Eirika I'll be in the main corridor shortly."

(Y/n) nodded in and left our room, leaving only me in the room.

15 minutes later

"Happy birthday brother!" My twin sister cheered handing me a gift.

"Thank you Eirika, happy birthday to you too," I responded placing a gift in her hands.

"Eirika, I have a gift for you too. Here!" (Y/n) said.

"Thank you (Y/n), you're so kind!" My sister hugged her sister in-law.

I was slightly saddened. I was expecting (Y/n) to present me with a birthday gift, yet she didn't give me anything. It's okay though, having her is the greatest gift I could ever receive. I decided to remain quiet, and then Seth entered the corridor.

"Milord, Lady Eirika. Please come outside." The red haired paladin announced.

As we got closer and closer to the outdoors, I heard the cheers of people. We were instructed to get in a decorated chariot that was headed to the town. Eirika and I were amazed at the sight of the whole town being decorated for our birthday.

(☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

(Y/n)'s POV

I could see the sorrow in my husband blue orbs when I handed Eirika a present, but not him. Since Ephraim is currently engrossed with the birthday festival for him and his twin, I took this as an opportunity to sneak off and look for the king a present at the nearby stores. After searching countless hours in a myriad of shops and vendors, I still came up empty handed and I missed a majority of Ephraim and Eirika's celebration.

I wanted to return to the festival, but I couldn't bring myself to return without a present for Renais' king. Warm tears streamed from my face as I sat on the hill reigning above the town where the festivities were taking place. I'm ignorant to why I was unable to find a gift for the one who I love. Could it be because I love him so much that I'm having trouble finding the perfect gift for him?

"I'm so sorry Ephraim." I cried.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of footsteps approach me from behind.

(☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

Ephraim's POV

Eirika and I were enjoying our birthday celebration together. We were swarmed by so many people that we got separated from our family. It's amazing how this whole festival was planned! All of Eirika and I's favorite foods were prepared, and most of the things that we like were events that we could participate in. My favorite event was the arena matches. Of course I don't pick fights I can't win, so naturally I won all my fights. I'm sure Seth, Kyle, Forde, and (Y/n) had a hand in this. Speaking of (Y/n), I haven't seen her since we arrived in the town. I reunited with everyone else I was separated from, but not her. Hours have elapsed, the festival is almost over, and I am deeply concerned. Negative possibilities of what could have happened to her swarmed my mind. I picked up my lance, and decided to go look for her myself without alarming Seth or Kyle. I searched through every corner of the town, but was unsuccessful in locating her. Finally, after hours of searching, I found her sitting on a grassy hill above the city crying.

"I'm so sorry Ephraim." She cried.

"(Y/n)! What's wrong?!" A frantic me asked, as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I couldn't find a birthday gift for you. I searched and searched, but I just couldn't find anything that you would want." She continued to cry in my arms.

"(Y/n), it's okay. You helped organize the whole birthday festival for Eirika and I, correct?" I asked, stroking her hair in attempt to coax her.

"Well yes, but I wanted to give you something that was just from me; something only I could give."

"You've given me everything that you could only give. I don't need any material gift when I have already been given the best gifts: your heart, children, and a family. Please dry your tears my queen, you know that your tears are my weakness."

"You're right." She said, lifting her head off my shoulder and drying her tearstained eyes. "I was so focused on finding the perfect gift that I didn't realize that. I'm sorry for missing your birthday celebration."

"It's okay (Y/n), plus look up in the sky! The celebration isn't over."

"Oh yeah the fireworks, I forgot about them! Shall we go into the town with everyone else and watch them?"

"We have the perfect view up alone on this hill, let's make up for the hours I spent deprived of you." I said.

With our hands intertwined, we watched the fireworks together. Atop the hill we laughed, talked, and shared moments of intimacy with each other.

"Happy birthday my king~"

(☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

Make sure to vote, follow me for updates on future works, comment, and request more paralogues!

I hope you liked this paralogue! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written February 2nd,2018
Published February 3rd,2018
Next Update On or Before February 4th,2018