Xenologue 5 The Myrrhis Odorata

???'s POV

I'm finally in Renais. Heh, once these humans find the last ingredient for their revival spell I'll be able to revive them. Just you wait.

(S/n)'s POV

"So why do you need this herb so badly? Can't it be found anywhere? We've been searching for hours!" My little sister whined.

"Quit your whining. It's for a school project Octavia and I are working on. The herb is called the Myrrhis Odorata, it's a rare herb that can only be found in Renais." I explained to her.

"Whatever, can we stop by the castle now? I need to get the rest my weapons," She huffed.

"After we find the herb," I told her.

"We go now or I tell mom and dad," (D/n) argued.

"You're such a brat, fine we'll go now," I gave in.

Such a dirty tactic.

"Sorry Octavia, I hope you don't mind," I apologized.

"It's okay (S/n), I don't mind, plus I'd like to visit your home," Octavia said.

"More like visit your bed," Innessa giggled, causing Octavia and I to get embarrassed.

"Haha, nice one Innessa! You make snarky comments just like your father," My sister laughed.

"Y-you two are so annoying!" I yelled a bit too loud.

"Hey! It's the King and Queen's brats! Let's make them suffer in place of their parents!" Angry Renais citizens rioted as they charged at us.

"Idiot, why were you so loud?!" (D/n) scolded me.

"There's no time for arguing we must flee and hide ourselves," Octavia told us.

"Damn, we should have worn disguises," I cursed.

The mob of angered Renais citizens were catching up to us. At the speed were running at, we'll get caught!

"I have a plan, can you stall the mob for a little while?" Octavia announced.

"You want us to engage in combat?" Innessa asked nervously. "We're vastly out numbered! Plus, none of us have fought in a real battlefield without our parents!"

I got a slight headache again.

"If you weren't up to the task then you should have stayed home," I told my cousin.

"Hm, what's with this attitude brother? You seem more bold today," My sister observed.

"Be quiet and fight," I responded as I unleashed a way of dark magic at our enemies.

"You finally got that lust for battle I see," (D/n) murmured, as she charged at the enemies with her lance.

Innessa's POV

W-wow, how can (S/n) and (D/n) fight like that? Aren't they afraid of death or harming their homeland's subjects? My parents taught my how to defend myself if necessary, but I never had to before because my parents and my retainers always did that. The people of Renais...why are their faces so disgruntled? Why are they so enraged that they would have the thought of slaughtering the royal family of Renais?

"Innessa, watch out!" (D/n) screamed.

An enemy equipped with a cursed axe charged at me. I didn't think to bring any weapons with me, only my healing staff.

"Light magic: Valkyrie's Sunlight!" Octavia's voice proclaimed.

The light from the magic she used was blinding, but Octavia shielded the four of us with a barrier to protect our eyesight.

"Quickly, this way!" (S/n) commanded.

We followed (S/n)'s lead and successful escaped from the angry citizens.

(D/n)'s POV

"So this is castle Renais? It's so much more beautiful in person," My brother's friend marveled at my home.

We arrived at the Castle a few minutes after escaping from the citizens. However, when we went inside it was a mess and abandoned.

"W-what happened to our home?" I got sad.

"I guess the angry citizens and our supposed loyal soldiers wrecked it after you, mother, and father fled." My brother said. "They probably stole anything valuable as well."

"Damn them!" I cursed. "Why did this have to happen?"

"Do you want revenge?" A voice in my head asked.

I got a slight headache.

"I do. I want to punish all those who did this; all those who forced us out of Renais!" I thought in my mind.

"Accept me girl. Accept me and collect the Myhrris Odorata." The voice instructed me.

The Myhrris Odorata...that's the herb that my brother and that girl want for their project.

"Where is it, and why do I need it?" I questioned the voice.

"Heh, that you will have to discover on your own." The voice said.

The voice in my head went away and the headache left me.

"(D/n), are you okay?" Innessa asked me.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Let's just go look for this damned herb."

"All this complaining to go to the castle and you're not going to go look for your weapons?" My brother was clearly angry.

"There's no point. I'm sure those were probably taken. Plus, I'm not happy like I thought I would be." I replied. "Anyway, where is this Myhrris whatever plant located?"

"It should be in Midori Woods," Octavia told me.

"Midori Woods, that's not too far from here; it's only about a 20 minute walk." I explained.

"You've been there before?" (S/n) asked.

"I guess you wouldn't know. Mom took me out there to practice my archery."

"Alright, lead the way (D/n)!" Innessa proclaimed.

(S/n)'s POV

"I found it!" Octavia celebrated. "The Myhrris Odorata!"

Finally, now we can complete the revival spell!

"Lets go to the graveyard, and test it out." I told Octavia.

"The graveyard?! Wait are you trying to do a revival spell?!" Innessa exclaimed. "That's an ancient forbidden spell!"

"Relax, were only going to revive the people who have done good. Once people see that this dark magic can be used for good, then we can revive the people who die from sickness or from war. I lost my family to war as a baby, so I'd love to be able to see them." Octavia explained.

We arrived at the graveyard that my grandparents were buried in. Octavia and I mixed together all of our ingredients, and alas the revival spell was complete.

"Thank you (S/n) for your diligent work, I'll take it from here."

To be Continued in Xenologue 6!

Make sure to vote, follow me for updates on future works, comment, and request more paralogues!

I hope you liked this paralogue! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Black Clover, Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Black Clover One Shots, Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 7th,2018
Published May 7th,2018
Next update by May 12th,2018