{Book 2} Xenologue 1: The Fall of Renais

First off all, thank you for reading The Sacred Hearts! Without all the support I've received for the first part, I would have never thought about a book 2. For this story, I highly suggest you read paralogues 5 and 15 as they are canon, and are relevant to book 2. Without further here's Xenologue 1 of Book 2!

§^_^§

Narrator's POV

Peril befell the land of Renais once again after 16 years of peace. Famine spread across the land, villages burnt to a crisp. The people of Renais suffered, and lost trust in each other. Many were dead, many malnourished on the verge of knocking on death's inevitable door. Who was to blame for all of this? The mighty demon king has been sealed for 16 years. Was this the work of the demon king's family seeking vengeance on Renais? No, the ones responsible for this is none other than the king and queen of Renais, is what the people are lead to believe. King Ephraim and Queen (Y/n) tried to prove their innocence to the people, but in the end their efforts were futile. The couple, their 15 year old daughter, and their loyal soldiers Seth, Kyle, Franz, and Forde were chased out the castle, and were forced to flee to the land of their allies, Frelia. During the time of the Renais citizens rebellion, (S/n) was not home. Because of (S/n)'s desire to hone his skills in magic, he has been attending schooling in Grado for the past two years, and came home to Renais only on holidays to visit his parents and younger sister.

§^_^§

Ephraim's POV

"We have to go to Grado!" My wife cried. "If (S/n) returns home in the state that Renais is in—"

"(Y/n), calm down." I said, silencing my concerned wife. "Frelian pegasus fliers are on their way to retrieve him."

I can't believe what is happening in Renais.

"Am I a bad king? Am I to blame for all of this?" I mumbled to myself.

"No, someone has been framing us." (Y/n) replied as she heard me.

"The question is who? Maybe angry citizens of Grado?" Innes chimed in.

"Possibly, but we would have been alerted if Grado citizens entered Renais." I responded.

"King Innes!" A Frelian guard cried. "Our pegasus fliers are back."

"Great, bring them in." The Frelian king replied.

"Yes sir!"

When the doors opened, in came (S/n), Meredith, Kenneth, and a girl I did not know.

"(S/n)! I'm glad you're okay!" My wife exclaimed, wrapping our son in a hug.

"Who is this girl? A girlfriend?" I asked (S/n), who instantly got embarrassed.

"I-it's not like that father!" My son stammered.

The girl giggled. "My name is Octavia. Prince (S/n) and I are good friends. It's a pleasure to meet you Lord Ephraim and Lady (Y/n) of Renais."

"Anyway, why are we in Frelia? Why aren't we in Renais?" My son asked.

The room got quiet as I explained the situation to my son, his bodyguards, and Octavia.

"Why would someone do this? Magvel has been in a time of peace for over a decade," Meredith wondered.

"Is there a possibility that this someone isn't human?" Kenneth asked.

"Possibly, but then there would still have to be a person involved in order to summon this nonhuman being." Kyle explained.

"Rather than wonder who caused this, we have to find a way to prove the King and Queen of Renais' innocence." Forde spoke.

"That's going to be hard to do when the culprits look like them. I guess they used some sort of shape shifting magic." Franz stated.

"Then they would have to be some really skilled, old mage. The art of shape shifting is one of the forbidden dark magics." Octavia replied.

"Grado is known for its magic, so let's conduct an investigation there." Innes ordered as she made preparations to send his army to Grado.

§^_^§

To be Continued in Xenologue 2! Sorry this chapter was so short!

Make sure to vote, follow me for updates on future works, comment, and request more paralogues!

I hope you liked this paralogue! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written April 3rd,2018
Published April 7th,2018
I will try to update by April 14th,2018